inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: SLEEPPPP

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 2:45 am

My sleep schedule has been REALLY messed latley, like go to sleep at like 4, and wake up at 1, then go to work...i havent slept normally for like 2 weeks....WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!

Subject: Re: SLEEPPPP

Written By: karen on 06/30/06 at 4:26 am

You need to work at retraining your body to go to sleep at a normal time. 

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/30/06 at 10:36 am

My sleep schedule has been REALLY messed latley, like go to sleep at like 4, and wake up at 1, then go to work...i havent slept normally for like 2 weeks....WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!

You're gay.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/30/06 at 10:41 am

You're gay.

SNAP, son! It's on!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/30/06 at 10:43 am

SNAP, son! It's on!

You're gay, too.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/30/06 at 10:45 am

You're gay, too.

Which is why I made love to your mom!! :D

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 10:45 am

Same thing for me with the sleep.. it's very hard to sleep sometimes. And I'm usually on my summer schedule by now. But I'm going through a lot of stuff, the stress is keeping me awake most likely.

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 4:16 pm

You're gay.

OHHHHH maybe that is whyyyy. If I ever see you I'm going to lock you in a basement and have my uncle touch you!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/06 at 4:29 pm

A good 8 hour sleep will do me fine!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/30/06 at 4:49 pm

My sleep schedule has been effed up ever since I got out of school.  I don't have a job yet, so I have no reason to go to bed at a decent hour and get up early in the morning.  I'm in the process of retraining myself to be up at 9am, no matter what time I go to bed.

Written By: Paul on 06/30/06 at 5:23 pm

Sounds like you may also be a bit 'run down'...

You may be getting enough sleep, but if you're not getting it as part of your normal schedule, then you could be asking for trouble...see your doctor if it's really becoming a problem...

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 6:22 pm

Wow, wait, actually, I know a friend who does this all summer.. goes to bed at 6 AM, wakes up at 3-ish.

Why are you up that late?

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 6:32 pm

Wow, wait, actually, I know a friend who does this all summer.. goes to bed at 6 AM, wakes up at 3-ish.

All the best shows are on at 2...and I sure do love those infomercials, but really i have no idea. just not tired

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 6:37 pm

All the best shows are on at 2...and I sure do love those infomercials, but really i have no idea. just not tired

;D For a minute, I thought you were serious.

But anyway... do you actually stay up, or try to go to bed? Cause at the very least, you need to try to sleep. If I TRY to stay awake, I can be up until 8 or 9 AM with no trouble.. however, on those same nights, if I try going to bed, I'm generally out by 2 or 3.. it's not much more sleep, but it's better then none.

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 7:07 pm

;D For a minute, I thought you were serious.

But anyway... do you actually stay up, or try to go to bed? Cause at the very least, you need to try to sleep. If I TRY to stay awake, I can be up until 8 or 9 AM with no trouble.. however, on those same nights, if I try going to bed, I'm generally out by 2 or 3.. it's not much more sleep, but it's better then none.

i try to go to bed, but when i can't I go on the computer

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/30/06 at 7:20 pm

Infomercials are the sh*t.  I love them.

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 7:22 pm

Infomercials are the sh*t.  I love them.

yeah, they are awsome, I love to turn one on occasionally

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/30/06 at 7:32 pm

I used to watch "The Beer Machine" infomercial almost every night (Yes, the exact same one.. every .. night). I was slightly devastated when they took it off the air.

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 7:34 pm

I used to watch "The Beer Machine" infomercial almost every night (Yes, the exact same one.. every .. night). I was slightly devastated when they took it off the air.

I always watch this one about some blender that is '12 MACHINES IN 1!!!!!!!!' it always makes me giggle....but maybe it is because it only comes on at like 3, and the lack of sleep is getting to me?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/30/06 at 7:37 pm

I love the infomercials for those Time-Life music specials (AM Gold, the 70s).  I love to sing along to as many songs as I know.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/30/06 at 7:40 pm

I always watch this one about some blender that is '12 MACHINES IN 1!!!!!!!!' it always makes me giggle....but maybe it is because it only comes on at like 3, and the lack of sleep is getting to me?

That's probably exactly what it is. I remember laughing hysterically at The Beer Machine one. Lately, I've been getting my kicks by watching The Sauna Belt infomercial.

http://saunabelt.co.uk/images/sauna/velform_sauna_belt.jpg

http://minishop.t-com.hr/elda/Images/Products/Small/sauna_belt_3u1_mala.jpg

Apparently you can, like, sit on the couch, watch TV, and stuff your face with unhealthy substance... but as long as you're sporting this belt while doing so, you're good to go!

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 7:43 pm

That's probably exactly what it is. I remember laughing hysterically at The Beer Machine one. Lately, I've been getting my kicks by watching The Sauna Belt infomercial.

http://saunabelt.co.uk/images/sauna/velform_sauna_belt.jpg

http://minishop.t-com.hr/elda/Images/Products/Small/sauna_belt_3u1_mala.jpg

Apparently you can, like, sit on the couch, watch TV, and stuff your face with unhealthy substance... but as long as you're sporting this belt while doing so, you're good to go!

REALLLYYY?!?!?!?!? I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE!! those pictures are pretty funny, especially the last one, it is like SUPER SAUNA WOMAN!!!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/30/06 at 7:47 pm

REALLLYYY?!?!?!?!? I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE!! those pictures are pretty funny, especially the last one, it is like SUPER SAUNA WOMAN!!!

Yes, and just approximately 15 minutes ago, those poor people weighed over 600 LBS each. God Bless America, God Bless Infomercials, And Dagnabbit, GOD BLESS THE SAUNA BELT!!!!11 *Steps off of soapbox*

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 7:52 pm

Also at 2 or 3 you can get really good shows on this channel called NTOONS, it plays a lot of old cartoons like, angry beavers, Rocko, stuff like that, and also there is NICK GAS which has 90's nickelodeon gameshows like, Legends of the Hidden Temple, GUTS, Figure it Out, Nick Arcade, etc.

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 9:01 pm

i try to go to bed, but when i can't I go on the computer

The computer is a surefire way to never go to sleep. It can keep you up all night.

Written By: Morton on 06/30/06 at 9:03 pm

The computer is a surefire way to never go to sleep. It can keep you up all night.

Amen to that!

Tonight was gonna be a 12 o clock (early) night for me... but guess what? The computer started working again  :D

4am, anybody?!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/06 at 12:28 am

Amen to that!

Tonight was gonna be a 12 o clock (early) night for me... but guess what? The computer started working again  :D

4am, anybody?!
True, it is amazing how the computer is suddenly switched on?

Written By: Morton on 07/01/06 at 6:56 pm

True, it is amazing how the computer is suddenly switched on?

I'm not sure what I did exactly, but it seems as though my fiddling around with the insides of the PC has got it up and running properly again  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/06 at 9:32 pm

It is 3:30am and words are appearing on my screen and I should be sleeping?

Written By: Buckinghammm on 07/02/06 at 3:50 am

I don't see anything wrong...

Written By: Buckinghammm on 07/02/06 at 3:53 am

;D Only an hour until bedtime! >.<

Written By: Apricot on 07/02/06 at 8:50 pm

I don't see anything wrong...

Well, for someone with a job or tasks to do or parents who don't approve of it, it's certainly not the best way to go. ;D

And you do that on purpose, it seems like Anthony here isn't trying.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/06 at 1:54 pm

I try to sleep earlier when I came home from work, but could not. I will keep it for my main sleep of the night.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/03/06 at 2:09 pm

With our air conditioning out upstairs, it takes me a hell of a long time to get comfortable to even think about sleeping.  I haven't been sleeping well at all since about Saturday night.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/06 at 2:10 pm

With our air conditioning out upstairs, it takes me a hell of a long time to get comfortable to even think about sleeping.  I haven't been sleeping well at all since about Saturday night.
A good nightcap will do you well?

Written By: Howard on 07/05/06 at 8:59 pm

I'm tired!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/05/06 at 9:18 pm

A good nightcap will do you well?

If you mean a nightcap that is liquor-based.....there's no alcohol in our house.  And I don't drink milk, so warm milk is out the question.  It's just a matter of opening windows and turning on some fans to blow some somewhat-cool air around. 

Written By: Howard on 07/05/06 at 9:34 pm

I'm tired from the long Amtrak trip

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/08 at 4:41 pm

A good 8 hour sleep will do me fine!
For some reason I get less sleep now.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:18 am

For some reason I get less sleep now.

Me Too,I get 6 hours worth.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 11:51 am

Me Too,I get 6 hours worth.
I could not even sleep this afternoon, I try again right now.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/05/08 at 4:16 pm

I've been sleeping a good amount, but I am always tired.

Must be my diet!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 5:43 pm

Hopefully in about ½ hour time I should be sleeping.

Check for new replies or respond here...