inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Sammy Reed Page

Written By: Sammy Reed on 07/04/06 at 4:06 pm

I am starting a new web page! I don't have quite everything I'd like to have on it right now, since I'm just starting up, but I do have a few interesting things on here.

sammyreed.com

Subject: Re: My new web page!

Written By: whistledog on 07/04/06 at 8:38 pm

Your picture is on there.  Nice to see ya :)

Written By: Sammy Reed on 07/04/06 at 10:56 pm

The problems I had with the graphics and the links are now fixed!

Written By: Sammy Reed on 10/18/06 at 11:04 pm

After a couple of months, I have finally put something else on The Sammy Reed Page - the Heather Thomas "Joining a Health Club" radio PSA commercial reel.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 10/26/06 at 9:25 pm

From 1985-87, I was a huge "Guiding Light" fan. I even had a binder notebook where I would write details about each episode. Yesterday, my mom found one of the sheets from that notebook with details about the Sept. 29 & 30, 1986 episodes. I have this under my new "Miscellaneous Stuff" section of the website.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 12/29/06 at 7:42 pm

I'm now starting to put up the entries in the infamous "Guiding Light Plot of the Day" casette tape I recorded from Dec., 1986 to Mar., 1987. I'm posting these entries on the 20th anniversary of when I recorded them on the tape.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/06 at 7:44 pm

I went in here thinking "Sweet baby Jesus, five people posted in a Sammy Reed threadWTF?!"

Dammit!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/06 at 7:46 pm

Dayum, Sammy Reed... You have some nice hair.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 12/29/06 at 8:37 pm

It's in a buzz-cut now, though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/07 at 12:55 am

Very good, but there is no link to inthe00s.

Written By: Apricot on 01/22/07 at 7:22 pm

It's in a buzz-cut now, though.

Shame, you did have some pretty sweet hair in that pic.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/07 at 12:58 pm

Very Nice Sammy.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/30/07 at 7:04 pm

Neat page!

Written By: Sammy Reed on 02/24/07 at 9:43 pm

On Feb. 25, 1987, the videotape I recorded "Guiding Light" on ran out, so I went back to recording entries on the "Guiding Light Plot of the Day" casette tape. I started putting them on my page again tonight.

I have also finally decided to put a link to this message board on my page as well.

Written By: whistledog on 02/24/07 at 9:44 pm

I have also finally decided to put a link to this message board on my page as well.

Karma for you 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/07 at 2:31 am

Well done sir

Written By: Sammy Reed on 03/13/07 at 10:03 pm

My last "Guiding Light Plot of the Day" tape entry is up now, along with some other memories I have about "Guiding Light".

Written By: Sammy Reed on 03/20/07 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone have trouble with my audios in Windows Vista?

My dad just got a Windows Vista computer, and whenever I get on my web page, and try to get an audio file, I get this warning:

"The file you are downloading cannot be opened by the default program. It is either corrupted or it has an incorrect file type."

... which is strange to me, because I thought an mp3 was an mp3 was an mp3. The worst part of it is the next and last sentence ...

"As a security precaution, it is recommended that you cancel the download."

What I do is click "save" on that prompt, and on the next prompt, then make sure "Close this dialog box when download completes" is unchecked so that I can then click "open" to hear the audio file.

Does this happen on all Windows Vista systems, or is there a way to make it so this warning doesn't happen when you hear the file on a Windows Vista computer? Or gosh forbid, do I have to now do somethng differently with the files on my web page so this won't happen in Windows Vista?

Or is it, as I believe, a bug in the Windows Vista system, in which case I hope Microsoft does something very soon so this won't happen?
Or am I going overboard here? I need to know what's going on, I'm so confused here.

Written By: Davester on 03/20/07 at 8:11 pm

Sammy,

What is your default proggy for opening mp3 files..?

Your file associations may be mucked-up and Vista may be interpreting that as a security breach...

Written By: Sammy Reed on 06/11/07 at 7:43 pm

I've got 3 new sound files in The WKYE/WBCV Tribute Page, and a new comment. (Also, what do you all think of my new picture?)

Written By: SemperYoda on 06/11/07 at 8:06 pm

Nice site.

I created a website as well.

In fact, it uses the same forum engine as this website.

http://www.toetallyobnoxious.com/smf

I created it for a guild I had in the game World of Warcraft, now it is only used by my roommate and myself.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 06/15/07 at 12:52 am

Do you ever get junk mail advertising stocks? I do, and I've decided to have a feature called "The Junk Mail Stock Watch".
(sammyreed.com/jmsw.htm)
I use the Yahoo Finance feature that allows you to put stock quotes on your website, to show how the stocks I keep getting advertisements for are really doing. I also include some of the more interesting "forward-looking statements" from the ads.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 12/18/07 at 11:01 pm

Better late than never, I always say.
I just got the idea to do a Christmas radio page on my website in the last couple of days, and I have just now got it posted. It is, I stress, incomplete, but I am going to add more things to it over these next few-to-several days, so keep on checking it!

sammyreed.com/christms

Subject: Re: The Sammy Reed Page

Written By: Sammy Reed on 01/12/08 at 12:00 am

With Christmastime over, I took down the Christmas Stuff page on Jan. 3. I'll put it back on or before Thanksgiving.

But now to what I wanted to tell you.
I have a new online program with strange stuff from my record collection. it's called "Music from the World of the Strange and the Bizarre". I hope you all enjoy it!

sammyreed.com/strange

Written By: Sammy Reed on 05/02/08 at 8:54 pm

On an earlier post I did about song-poem records, I mentioned a song called "China Dolly" as possibly the worst song in my collection. On today's episode of "Music from the World of the Strange and the Bizarre" (5/2/08), I put that song in as the first one of the episode, so you-all can hear exactly how bad this is. You can hear it here:
sammyreed.com/strange/00000021.htm

Written By: Sammy Reed on 05/30/08 at 10:06 am

In case anyone is interested, and couldn't get on my website the past couple of days, the web server I use experienced a power outage that finally got fixed last night. So, The Sammy Reed Page is up & running again!

sammyreed.com

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/08 at 11:19 am

In case anyone is interested, and couldn't get on my website the past couple of days, the web server I use experienced a power outage that finally got fixed last night. So, The Sammy Reed Page is up & running again!

sammyreed.com
Still working I can see it clearly.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 07/17/08 at 11:44 pm

After "losing" the files of the "Radio Stuff" feature, I have finally got it back! You can read that whole story on my Radio Stuff page:
sammyreed.com/radio

Written By: Sammy Reed on 07/27/08 at 1:36 am

After a month of laziness, I'm glad to have another new episode of "Music from the World of the Strange and the Bizarre"! I am starting as new hour-long format, and I hope to put new ones in every Saturday.
sammyreed.com/strange

Written By: Sammy Reed on 08/29/08 at 11:00 am

My show, "Music from the World of the Strange and the Bizarre", now has a streaming test, using the 1st episode - "uh"s and all! I hope to have more streaming soon!
sammyreed.com/strange/0000001.htm

Written By: Sammy Reed on 04/24/11 at 7:58 pm

9 months after I let the registration of the domain name expire, I have brought back my website!

sammyreed.com

Written By: Sammy Reed on 06/29/13 at 4:53 pm

I have brought back the strange-music show I used to do, "Music from the World of the Strange and the Bizarre". I'm a little rusty at it, after not doing the show for over a year, but I hope you still find it enjoyable.
sammyreed.com/strange

Check for new replies or respond here...