inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: You never learn...

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/06/06 at 12:54 pm

What are some bad things that you constantly do (such as accidents, etc.), even though you've done it before and know how to avoid it?

Myself, I always walk into doors. Whether they're opened or closed.

Subject: Re: You never learn...

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/06/06 at 12:56 pm

What are some bad things that you constantly do (such as accidents, etc.), even though you've done it before and know how to avoid it?

Never run down stairs while wearing socks...it's a lesson I can't seem to learn. Guess I'm a candidate for the 'Darwin Awards.'  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/06/06 at 1:04 pm

I always stub my toe on furniture in the house...that hurts sooooo freakin' bad!!! :-\\ >:(

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/06/06 at 1:08 pm

I always stub my toe on furniture in the house...that hurts sooooo freakin' bad!!! :-\\ >:(

Oh yeah it does, it seems that corners, sharp edges and other maliciously-designed parts of furniture are attracted to my soft, delicate flesh.  :D

Written By: CeeKay on 07/06/06 at 1:29 pm

I went through a couple of years where I constantly locked myself out of my house.  I had to climb in my bedroom window (the only one where the lock was loose and could always be opened).  But because of the height and size of the window, I constantly had long thin horizontal bruises on my thighs -- from scooting myself through along the metal window ledge.  Haven't done that in a long time, thank goodness!

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/06/06 at 1:33 pm

I stub my toe at lest once a day.. it's a tradition.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/06/06 at 1:37 pm

Despite the fact I often forget appointments, to-dos.etc, I'm either too lazy/refuse (I'm a proud S.O.B. at times) to note it down. Hence, I forget it time and time, and keep saying, 'I'll make SURE it doesn't happen next time.'

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/06/06 at 2:02 pm

I've gotten hit by a car twice...I guess I just never learn.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/06/06 at 2:08 pm

Never leave a metal utensil resting on the side of a pot or pan on the stove, it will get hot...burned myself many times.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/06/06 at 2:22 pm

After being married to him for 11+ years, you'd have thought I'd have learned that hubby's ALWAYS right.....but I haven't :-\\

Written By: gemini on 07/06/06 at 2:38 pm

After being married to him for 11+ years, you'd have thought I'd have learned that hubby's ALWAYS right.....but I haven't :-\\

Shhhh, mine hasn't figured that out yet!!  ;)  ;D

Written By: Paul on 07/06/06 at 2:48 pm

Never go out of your way at work...whether it be always turning up, doing all the cruddy jobs that no-one else will do, etc.

No-one thinks any the more of you for it!

Happily, after nigh on ten years, I'm finally starting to learn this lesson...

Written By: gemini on 07/06/06 at 3:27 pm

Never go out of your way at work...whether it be always turning up, doing all the cruddy jobs that no-one else will do, etc.

No-one thinks any the more of you for it!

Happily, after nigh on ten years, I'm finally starting to learn this lesson...

I've been at mine for 12 years, and I still haven't figured it out yet!

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/06/06 at 3:29 pm

We're going on 17 years and HE hasn't figured out that I'm always right!  LOL!

Written By: CeeKay on 07/06/06 at 4:08 pm

Despite the fact I often forget appointments, to-dos.etc, I'm either too lazy/refuse (I'm a proud S.O.B. at times) to note it down. Hence, I forget it time and time, and keep saying, 'I'll make SURE it doesn't happen next time.'

Similarly, I often refuse to make a shopping list for the grocery store.  I have this stubborn idea that I can actually remember what I need.  I take it as a personal challenge to see if I can remember everything.  And then I always have to go back...because I never remember the entire list.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/06/06 at 4:37 pm

I trip alot.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/06/06 at 5:15 pm

Hahahaha, I do the same thing all the time.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/06/06 at 5:36 pm

I will never learn to keep my big, fat mouth shut. Whenever a family member or friend says
they are going to hire someone to do a job, I'll tell them how easy it is to do themselves and
save money. I end up doing the job and saving them a lot of money.

Written By: Howard on 07/06/06 at 6:21 pm

I've run up and down the stairs and wound up tripping all over myself. ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/08/06 at 10:36 am

Hahahaha, I do the same thing all the time.

Phew! I'm not the only one! ...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/boojispud/Y.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/10/06 at 8:58 pm

I trip alot.

Well, lay off the acid then.  *rimshot*

Written By: Howard on 07/11/06 at 3:22 pm

I never slow down when I'm talking.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/11/06 at 4:00 pm

Well, lay off the acid then.  *rimshot*

Summons Puchiko!

Puchiko zaps Foo Bar with eye beams!

Foo Bar suffers 15 damage!

:D :D :D :D :D

Written By: Southern Image on 07/11/06 at 5:29 pm

Licking a 9 volt battery to test it. LMAO  But sometimes it has this odd sensation and taste, I can't help but have to do it again  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/11/06 at 5:31 pm

Licking a 9 volt battery to test it. LMAO  But sometimes it has this odd sensation and taste, I can't help but have to do it again  ;D

:o

Why would you lick a battery?

Written By: Southern Image on 07/11/06 at 5:35 pm

:o

Why would you lick a battery?

Its a long story, but it all started when I was a child. I was dared to touch my tongue on the end of the battery.  To this day, I have to do it at least once in awhile  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/11/06 at 10:40 pm

I was at my doctors office once and the dr and nurses were testing this.  He talked me into licking a 9-volt, even though I knew what would happen.  Duh.

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/11/06 at 11:16 pm

i can never pack a normal amount of clothes for any trip..no matter what,i insist on packing for 'what if' and taking waaaay more than i'll ever possibly wear  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/06 at 11:17 am

i can never pack a normal amount of clothes for any trip..no matter what,i insist on packing for 'what if' and taking waaaay more than i'll ever possibly wear  ::)

Same here.

Cat

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/12/06 at 11:21 am

Same here.

Cat

so i just bought a big duffel bag on wheels as an extra bag since my huge upright suitcase on wheels won't be big enough to hold all of my stuff for a one-week trip on friday..i think i need help  :-[ ::) ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/12/06 at 11:37 am

I haven't done that sinse I was young, but it's something I'll never forget!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/06 at 11:41 am

so i just bought a big duffel bag on wheels as an extra bag since my huge upright suitcase on wheels won't be big enough to hold all of my stuff for a one-week trip on friday..i think i need help  :-[ ::) ;D

I may pack A LOT but I always try to keep it to only 1 suitcase/bag-and maybe one carry-on (if I am flying). We just bought a new luggage set that have wheels. Last time we flew, we managed only 3 pieces between the two of us-the HUGH one, a small one and a carry-on.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/12/06 at 11:45 am

I do this too, even if I'm going to be staying somewhere that has a washer and dryer, I mean I could wash some outfits and wear them again, but I have to pack one outfit for each day...plus extras "Just in case".

Written By: Howard on 07/12/06 at 5:18 pm

Did it shock you?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/12/06 at 5:19 pm

I do this too, even if I'm going to be staying somewhere that has a washer and dryer, I mean I could wash some outfits and wear them again, but I have to pack one outfit for each day...plus extras "Just in case".

I always pack one outfit for each day I'm gone plus 4 extra.  What if it rains and you get soaked and have to change?  What if something rips/tears? 

Written By: Paul on 07/12/06 at 5:30 pm

Why not just put wheels on your wardrobe?  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/12/06 at 5:41 pm

I always pack one outfit for each day I'm gone plus 4 extra.  What if it rains and you get soaked and have to change?  What if something rips/tears? 

Those are the questions that come up sometimes

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/06 at 5:42 pm

I'll never learn about laundry. I start it early in the morning and I ALWAYS forget about it and by evening it is STILL in the basement. (At least it is sitting in the dryer and NOT the washer  :P)

Cat

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/12/06 at 9:55 pm

bigtime..i just did a trial run with packing and i think i have about 15 pairs of pants plus skirts and shorts and like 20 tops..this is for 3 nights in the city and 4 nights in the country..but who knows what i'll feel like wearing..hour to hour  ::) ;D

Why not just put wheels on your wardrobe?  ;)

i WISH!!! ;D ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/12/06 at 11:17 pm

I'll never learn about laundry. I start it early in the morning and I ALWAYS forget about it and by evening it is STILL in the basement. (At least it is sitting in the dryer and NOT the washer  :P)

Cat

I tend to do that, too!  ;D

Written By: CeeKay on 07/13/06 at 12:22 am

Cat

Thanks for saying this.  Now I know I'm not the only one!  :D

Written By: Howard on 07/13/06 at 4:08 pm

I must remember to always lock the door for the evening when heading in for the night.

Check for new replies or respond here...