inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I really that stupid?!?!?!

Written By: ADH13 on 07/09/06 at 12:14 am

Ok, so I got the bright idea to put an animated background on my myspace... I wasn't sure how to do it, so I read the help section and it said "It is very simple, all you need is basic html knowledge" so I thought "ok, no problem... I've created web pages from scratch before, so this shouldn't be too bad"

Simple, my ASS!!  I tried putting in the html code from scratch, that didn't work... so I tried using one of those code generators and copy/pasting and now my blog and "about me" sections are gone and there is an advertisement where my blog used to be!!  And my background didn't even show up after all that...

So then I tried to read the automated "generated code" and it didn't even make sense...I know that the first thing in html code is supposed to be <html> and the last is supposed to be </html> but the generated code didn't have that, it started with <style>

I noticed most of my friends have at least colored backgrounds, etc... are you guys expert html coders are am I just an idiot?? ::) ;D

Subject: Re: Am I really that stupid?!?!?!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/09/06 at 12:18 am

I use pre-made layouts I get from websites that specialize in Myspace/blog layouts.  I can do html for my LJ, but that's it.  For the record, I've never had a problem with the html in the premade layouts on my Myspace.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/09/06 at 12:28 am

I use pre-made layouts I get from websites that specialize in Myspace/blog layouts.  I can do html for my LJ, but that's it.  For the record, I've never had a problem with the html in the premade layouts on my Myspace.

I may have to try that... I was actually fine with the general layout I already had, I just wanted the background instead of the plain white default background... can you recommend any good sites with pre-made layouts?

Written By: Tam on 07/09/06 at 12:29 am

Girl, I looked at your page and all of your information is still there, you just need to put font information around what you have typed in order to change the color and make it visible. Not anything too serious. BTW - I think it is starting to look great! ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/09/06 at 12:34 am

I may have to try that... I was actually fine with the general layout I already had, I just wanted the background instead of the plain white default background... can you recommend any good sites with pre-made layouts?

http://myspace.com/contacttables

This is where I got mine.

Go over to "MCT layouts" and click on one of them for the codes.  The also have codes for contact tables, if you want a comment box, stuff like that.  You put the codes in the "about me" section of your page.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/09/06 at 12:35 am

Girl, I looked at your page and all of your information is still there, you just need to put font information around what you have typed in order to change the color and make it visible. Not anything too serious. BTW - I think it is starting to look great! ;)

You must be seeing something I'm not seeing then... when I look at my page I get a plain white background and my "about me" and my blog list are gone, replaced with a big tmobile ad ???

Do you see my blogs and/or any animated background when you go to my page???

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/06 at 2:00 am

There is a great forum called CreateBlog that has a whole section devoted to MySpace Help with codes and such.
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showforum=48

I went there to learn how I could make my page not look like an ordinary MySpace page, and they helped me big time 8)

*shameless plug* http://www.myspace.com/whistledog

Written By: ADH13 on 07/09/06 at 6:52 pm

Thanks to those who replied... I was really confused when I started getting messages that my page was looking great... I couldn't understand what you guys were talking about, because all I was seeing was a plain white page... until I investigated a bit further, and found that my code was working fine all along... I just couldn't see it from the profile page I was directed to when I signed in...I had to "View my profile" and then I could see my changes.

Thanks again!! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...