inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Have you ever had your fortune told?

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/09/06 at 11:43 pm

i had my palm and cards read for the first time ever last week..i've never really been a believer but now i'm on the fence..
do you guys put any stake in the fortune-telling thing? :)

Subject: Re: Have you ever had your fortune told?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/09/06 at 11:45 pm

I've never had it done and I don't plan on it.  I've said before that I think it's all hooey.

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/09/06 at 11:52 pm

I've never had it done and I don't plan on it.  I've said before that I think it's all hooey.

that was my opinion too..it still pretty much is but it's kind of cool when certain things are right on..my friend's reading inspired me to get it done for fun since there were so many things that were bang on about her life and personality..i'm pretty sure that a big part of it is the psychic's perception of the person based on appearance/interaction though..

Written By: CeeKay on 07/09/06 at 11:56 pm

I've never done this, but I've always been curious.

Once, friends had a deck of Tarot cards.  We were messing around.  I picked a card from the deck.  We reshuffled, I picked the same card.  Three times in a row.  It was the Princess of something-or-other and it stood for the balance between earth and fire.  But picking that same card three times in a row sort of spooked me. 

Mostly, I think some people are particularly sensitive and can make general statements that will be somehow true based on thier "reading" of you. 

Then again....have you watched John Edwards?  He might be for real (communicating with spirits from 'the other side').

Written By: CeeKay on 07/09/06 at 11:57 pm

i had my palm and cards read for the first time ever last week..i've never really been a believer but now i'm on the fence..
do you guys put any stake in the fortune-telling thing? :)

Did the reader tell you things that were specific?  Or things like:  "You are unsure of a decision that you've been thinking about recently" -- those kind of comments are usually true at all times.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/09/06 at 11:57 pm

that was my opinion too..it still pretty much is but it's kind of cool when certain things are right on..my friend's reading inspired me to get it done for fun since there were so many things that were bang on about her life and personality..i'm pretty sure that a big part of it is the psychic's perception of the person based on appearance/interaction though..

If you show up nervous and sweaty, they will ask "are you nervous or apprehensive"?  You'll say yes, and then they'll start running off a litany of things you can be worried or nervous or stressed about based on what you look like.  School, job, bills, money......stuff like that.  If you say school, they'll ask if you're failing anything.  If you say job, they'll ask if you are worried about getting fired/laid off.  If you say bills, they'll ask if you're making your payments on time.  If you say money, they'll ask if you are having a hard time staying afloat. 

It's not mind-reading so much as it's deductive reasoning. 

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/10/06 at 12:05 am

I've never done this, but I've always been curious.

Once, friends had a deck of Tarot cards.  We were messing around.  I picked a card from the deck.  We reshuffled, I picked the same card.  Three times in a row.  It was the Princess of something-or-other and it stood for the balance between earth and fire.  But picking that same card three times in a row sort of spooked me. 

Mostly, I think some people are particularly sensitive and can make general statements that will be somehow true based on thier "reading" of you. 

Then again....have you watched John Edwards?  He might be for real (communicating with spirits from 'the other side').

the cards she used were playing cards,not Tarot..she kept saying 'i see in your cards' which of course seemed a bit sketchy since she just kind of dealt them like she was playing solitaire..on the upside,the last one she flipped over from my pile was a 7 so apparently i'm lucky  :D..woohoo.. ;D

i've never watched John Edwards and i'm not into the other side thing at all.. :-\\

after listening to the tape that came as part of the deal she seems to contradict herrself a couple of times..

at the end i said well that was fun and she said of course it is..it's someone else's perception of you..

i would say it was more like entertainment than reality. :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/10/06 at 12:08 am

Did the reader tell you things that were specific?  Or things like:  "You are unsure of a decision that you've been thinking about recently" -- those kind of comments are usually true at all times.

she was fairly specific..especially about my friend's stuff..we listened to each other's tapes later that night and hers was pretty freaky.. :o

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/10/06 at 12:14 am

If you show up nervous and sweaty, they will ask "are you nervous or apprehensive"?  You'll say yes, and then they'll start running off a litany of things you can be worried or nervous or stressed about based on what you look like.  School, job, bills, money......stuff like that.  If you say school, they'll ask if you're failing anything.  If you say job, they'll ask if you are worried about getting fired/laid off.  If you say bills, they'll ask if you're making your payments on time.  If you say money, they'll ask if you are having a hard time staying afloat. 

It's not mind-reading so much as it's deductive reasoning. 

this one didn't really go down that road..i tried to give her very little to go on as in i didn't say too much..however,i was wearing a tank that said 'princess' on it so that gave her a bit to go on  ::) ;D

Written By: Gis on 07/10/06 at 1:23 am

As I posted in another thread I had my palm read by an Irish plumber who came round to my sisters house to mend a burst pipe ! So there was no fee and no visiting the psychic or anything. He was spookilly spot on with most of it and I was not giving anything away as I hadn't really wanted it done so I hardly spoke at all. He would be very specific about certain things I'm going to die when I'm 83 apparently !?! Other stuff was kind of vague. You have found the right path keep on it with no actual indication of which path and to where.

I've had my tarot done a few times by a very dear friend of mine and always find it interesting.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/06 at 12:26 pm

Had it done twice. The first time I wasn't too impressed. It was when I was planning our wedding and that was where most of my thoughts were focus and she didn't even mentioned that. Shortly afterward, I saw the woman and mentioned about the wedding. She said, "I don't know why I didn't 'see' that". The second time (actually, it was two different times) was by a friend of my step-daughter. The first time he did it was at my step-daughter's wedding. It was just an improptu thing and he was pretty acurate. He couldn't do Carlos because he was "too complacated".  :D ;D ;D  We saw him again last year-here at the house. We were sitting on the porch but B.S. when I think he handed something to me (or I handed something to him) and he got a small vibe-and he was RIGHT!!!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/10/06 at 4:28 pm

No I haven't.I'd rather read my horoscope for the month.

Check for new replies or respond here...