inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I will be away for a a short while.

Written By: Gis on 07/14/06 at 1:25 am

Well D-day has almost arrived. As of 8pm tonight we lose our broadband computer conection prior to moving house. Due to the amazing wonders of technology we don't get it back until the 24th july !?! Apparently that is how long the phone company take to transfer the conection from one of their own phones to another one of their own phones..............on the same exchange - gotta love em !

I hope you all behave when I'm away ! Twice in the past I've been gone for a few days come back and it's all kicked off in between and I missed it all  >:(  ;D

Hopefully I will still be sane when I do return. I haven't gone on about it here, but just about every single possible thing that could of gone wrong has gone wrong  in the run up to moving so it has been just a tad more stressful than it should have been. I seem to have drunk a lot of wine this week !!

Gis.  :)

Subject: Re: I will be away for a a short while.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/14/06 at 1:28 am

Enjoy your "vacation", Gisela!

Written By: deadrockstar on 07/14/06 at 1:29 am

Good luck with everything Gisela.  We'll all be here when you get back. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/14/06 at 1:37 am

Take care with your move, and are you moving far?

Written By: Gis on 07/14/06 at 2:49 am

Take care with your move, and are you moving far?
About a 5 minute drive away from where we are now!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/14/06 at 3:04 am

here's to a good move Gis. I hope all goes well and we'll look forward to your return. enjoy the vino  8)

Subject: Re: I will be away for a a a short while.

Written By: karen on 07/14/06 at 4:47 am

Hope your moving day goes smoothly Gis.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/14/06 at 7:05 am

Good luck on your move, Gis...we'll miss you while you are away, and will look forward to your return!!

Take care! :)

Written By: Paul on 07/14/06 at 7:34 am

Well, stress or not, it'll all be over soon, Gis...

Hope the final piece goes smoothly...all the best!

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/14/06 at 10:22 am

Quick! EVERYBODY! START A FIGHT!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/14/06 at 11:46 am

We'll miss you, Gis...but good luck in getting everything moved and set up!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/14/06 at 12:44 pm

About a 5 minute drive away from where we are now!
That is good, you are not far from friends and you already know the shops and infrastructure.

Written By: Tia on 07/14/06 at 12:47 pm

Quick! EVERYBODY! START A FIGHT!
gis likes me more than you! she's leaving cuz you smell!

*shove*

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/14/06 at 12:55 pm

gis likes me more than you! she's leaving cuz you smell!

*shove*

You idiot! I smell like flowers!

And You can't smell through a monitor! >= O

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/06 at 1:02 pm

Good luck with the move and you will be missed. And we want all the gory details when you get back.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/14/06 at 3:43 pm

Have a good vacation.See you soon. :)

Written By: Gis on 07/24/06 at 3:51 am

Well I'm back ! I have to say I am quite glad to be back at work.
The house move has been a catalogue of disasters, small and large and almost all caused by the woman who rented the house before us.Lets just say Ian and I have decided if we were ever to meet her she would get *such* a slap.........

So far we have had the bathroom sink and the toilet fixed, the hot water should (fingers crossed) be fixed today. We finally have a phone line after hours of calls and the rental agency having to get involved too, it turned out the previous tenant had 8 buisness lines registered there, the last one on the 7th july and she moved out on the 30th june!?!. The 'brand new' oven is still broken and the washing machine died last night. I'm starting to feel it's jinxed............. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/06 at 7:01 am

The house move has been a catalogue of disasters, small and large and almost all caused by the woman who rented the house before us.Lets just say Ian and I have decided if we were ever to meet her she would get *such* a slap.........

So far we have had the bathroom sink and the toilet fixed, the hot water should (fingers crossed) be fixed today. We finally have a phone line after hours of calls and the rental agency having to get involved too, it turned out the previous tenant had 8 buisness lines registered there, the last one on the 7th july and she moved out on the 30th june!?!. The 'brand new' oven is still broken and the washing machine died last night. I'm starting to feel it's jinxed............. 
Otherwise all is fine?

Written By: karen on 07/24/06 at 7:08 am

The house isn't number 13 is it?

Written By: Gis on 07/24/06 at 9:02 am

Otherwise all is fine?
Yes, though I'm almost scared to say so. It's not my dream home or anything but it will do for the time being and getting away from the nightmare neighbours has been a definate bonus!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/06 at 9:13 am

Yes, though I'm almost scared to say so. It's not my dream home or anything but it will do for the time being and getting away from the nightmare neighbours has been a definate bonus!
Did you chose the wrong house on the day of viewing, should it be across the road?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/06 at 1:51 pm

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the nightmare you are going through. We have had our share of "tenants from hell" which is why we are no longer renting out the upstairs' apartment (and took over the entire house) so I can relate. Hopefully, things are getting better and things will calm down.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/24/06 at 4:30 pm

Where did you go on vacation? ???

Written By: Gis on 07/25/06 at 3:16 am

Where did you go on vacation? ???
I didn't go on vacation, I moved house. I need a vacation now to get over the move !!  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/25/06 at 3:24 am

WB, Gis!!!

I'm sorry to hear it's become a money pit for ya!
If ya want to give the previous residents a beaker-slap, I'll hold 'em for ya!

Written By: Gis on 07/25/06 at 3:42 am

WB, Gis!!!

I'm sorry to hear it's become a money pit for ya!
If ya want to give the previous residents a beaker-slap, I'll hold 'em for ya!
Thanks and thanks.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/25/06 at 2:40 pm

I didn't go on vacation, I moved house. I need a vacation now to get over the move !!  ;D
There is decorating to be done first?

Written By: Howard on 07/25/06 at 4:21 pm

Is this a nice house?

Written By: Gis on 07/26/06 at 2:55 am

There is decorating to be done first?
No thank goodness it was painted before we moved in !

Written By: Gis on 07/26/06 at 2:56 am

Is this a nice house?
It's ok, bigger than our last one.It's got a weird kitchen though and a tiny bathroom so it's not ideal. It has a huge garden though which is nice.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/26/06 at 3:12 am

gettin away from undesireable neighbors probably makes some of the move and fix-it problems tolerable. good luck Gis, once you've got it all repaired hopefully it will be worth it all.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...