inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Hardee's nasty burger

Written By: mugg on 07/22/06 at 1:59 pm

it seems hardee's is aiming it's burgers to disgusting and nasty people, have you seen the commercials?
one commercial they have two guys making so much noise while eating you could close your eyes and swear a farmer was slopping his hogs
then they want to eat the cheese off the paper, maybe they should save the cheese paper and use it for toilet paper later. then there is that other commercial they add sub-titles to because the two pigs eating and talking with their mouths full so you can't understand what they are saying and they degrade a woman walking by

Subject: Re: The Hardee's nasty burger

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/22/06 at 2:02 pm

I haven't seen any of these. But I think that if you're gonna aim burgers to somebody, it might as well be to Hobo rapists with a fetish for pigs (I dunno, I read it in a comic)...

Written By: Tia on 07/22/06 at 2:07 pm

I haven't seen any of these. But I think that if you're gonna aim burgers to somebody, it might as well be to Hobo rapists with a fetish for pigs (I dunno, I read it in a comic)...
rawr!

i get the impression they're trying to kill  us.

http://www.jerrys-subs.com/images/menuspringsummer2006/main.jpg

look at that thing! it's disgusting!

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/22/06 at 2:07 pm

rawr!

i get the impression they're trying to kill  us.

http://www.jerrys-subs.com/images/menuspringsummer2006/main.jpg

look at that thing! it's disgusting!

Large pizza for five dollars? HOW CAN THEY AFFORD THAT!? Don't trust anything that cheap!

Written By: Tia on 07/22/06 at 2:10 pm

guzzah, i thought it was just gonna be a picture of the "beast." it's stomach-churning.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/22/06 at 2:11 pm

I don't spend less than $10 on a large pizza.

That said, I think a lot of people in this country could do without eating all this greasy food and red meat.  I'm not saying go vegetarian/vegan because that's not for everybody, but not eating those BK Meatnormous sandwiches or that new burger where it's nothing but meat, cheese and bacon could do people some good.

Written By: whistledog on 07/22/06 at 2:13 pm

We don't get Hardees in Canada.  Maybe that is a good thing.  Big, gross and sloppy hamburgers are just that .. big, gross and sloppy

Written By: mugg on 07/22/06 at 2:14 pm

guzzah, i thought it was just gonna be a picture of the "beast." it's stomach-churning.

the heart stopper
http://www.aurorawdc.com/ci/hardees_monster_thickburger.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/22/06 at 2:16 pm

dude, I don't know how people can have a diet of crap like that...I mean, some people..well, that's all they eat. Talk about heartburn city. :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/22/06 at 2:21 pm

the heart stopper

I heard about that... SO disgusting... over 1,000 calories. It doesn't even look good! It's like... a monstrous mutated... thing!

Written By: Tia on 07/22/06 at 2:23 pm

yeah. i like a cheeseburger as much as the next guy but.. ew.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/22/06 at 2:25 pm

that's like where I used to work....they used to have certain foods that they would serve at night, when bands would come in to perform....anyway..they had a "pounder" menu....like with a pounder beer, pound of fries, and they had this HUGE pounder cheeseburger....it was MASSIVE!  We had some people actually order it and sit and eat the entire thing! :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/22/06 at 2:28 pm

that's like where I used to work....they used to have certain foods that they would serve at night, when bands would come in to perform....anyway..they had a "pounder" menu....like with a pounder beer, pound of fries, and they had this HUGE pounder cheeseburger....it was MASSIVE!  We had some people actually order it and sit and eat the entire thing! :o

That's... disgusting...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/22/06 at 2:32 pm

I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

Written By: Tia on 07/22/06 at 2:33 pm

I just threw up in my mouth a little. 
i just horked up a pound.

Written By: whistledog on 07/22/06 at 2:35 pm

the heart stopper

When they air commercials for that burger, they should use the song "Heart Attack" by Olivia Newton John

"Heart attack, you're giving me a heart attack".  Sounds fitting, ya know ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/22/06 at 2:35 pm

i just horked up a pound.

;D  ;D

Ah, "horked".  An underrated euphemism for vomiting.

Written By: mugg on 07/22/06 at 2:51 pm

;D   ;D

Ah, "horked".  An underrated euphemism for vomiting.

a man was telling his friend, i got very drunk last night, so drunk i blew chunks
his friend said, that's understandable drinking makes many very sick
the man then said, you don't understand CHUNKS IS MY DOG!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/22/06 at 2:58 pm

a man was telling his friend, i got very drunk last night, so drunk i blew chunks
his friend said, that's understandable drinking makes many very sick
the man then said, you don't understand CHUNKS IS MY DOG!!!

hahaahaa...good one! ;) ;D

Written By: mugg on 07/22/06 at 3:09 pm

if you type "monster meat" in an image search, have your filters set  ::)

Written By: Tia on 07/22/06 at 3:52 pm

mmm. i just went and had a bacon double cheeseburger at burker ging. i remember when those used to be outright scandalous but compared to the stuff i'm seeing on this thread i felt like i was eating a garden salad.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/22/06 at 4:34 pm

It's funny people are hounding on Hardees when other more "classy" restaurant advertise their one pound hamburgers as fresh and healthy.  ;D  Take Fuddruckers for example: http://www.fuddruckers.com/
They have a 1/3, a 1/2, a 2/3, and 1 pound burger on their menu.  My hubby and I were going to eat there last night.  But it was too noisy, too crowded and too expensive.  (A 1/3 pound plain cheeseburger and fries would have been $10.  Yikes)  Yeah they are good hamburgers but c'mon...

Their Inferno burger might as well come with a side of Pepcid AC, Maalox AND Tums.  ;D

Written By: mugg on 07/22/06 at 4:52 pm

It's funny people are hounding on Hardees when other more "classy" restaurant advertise their one pound hamburgers as fresh and healthy.   ;D  Take Fuddruckers for example: http://www.fuddruckers.com/
They have a 1/3, a 1/2, a 2/3, and 1 pound burger on their menu.  My hubby and I were going to eat there last night.  But it was too noisy, too crowded and too expensive.  (A 1/3 pound plain cheeseburger and fries would have been $10.  Yikes)  Yeah they are good hamburgers but c'mon...

Their Inferno burger might as well come with a side of Pepcid AC, Maalox AND Tums.  ;D

but have you seen the new hardee's comercials? why would you want to hire actors talking with their mouths full of food, eating the paper the burgers are wrapped in and sounding like hogs as they eat?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/22/06 at 5:14 pm

but have you seen the new hardee's comercials? why would you want to hire actors talking with their mouths full of food, eating the paper the burgers are wrapped in and sounding like hogs as they eat?

I would guess because it gets people talking about how disgusting the commercials are, thusly more publicity.  Also there *is* a certain part of the population that thinks/believes the commercials whatever they may say and decide to mosey on into Hardees to see just how delicious these burgers are (cause the guys in the ad sure looked like they liked them.)

I suppose that the implication of this particular commercial just goes along with the majority of popular entertainment nowadays anyways.  First - the dumbing down of television and movies (over-explaining your point and/or gratuitous violence and sex in films where just the hint of such would have a much bigger impact (people can imagine much worse then any gore you splay out for them IMO)  Secondly - Remakes of remakes of remakes, especially of (already) mildly crappy 60s/70s/80s television shows (Let's make a two-hour movie out of a half hour plot.  Brilliant!)  Thirdly and lastly - Pop culture spills into advertising, as in the extremely bad table manners in said commercial.    Just a by-product of what's been happening for YEARS now.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/06 at 3:01 pm

the heart stopper

Should go well with a bucket of Fries and a Liter of Pepsi  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...