inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: White supremacy getting more power in the 00s?

Written By: Darkbreed on 07/25/06 at 1:03 pm

Ok I have been taking time to look around at kids and groups of people in my school and town.
Lately I have been seeing a lot of kids get into there hate groups walking around with Nazi,
and KKK stuff on there arms. And it make me so mad to see kid and the Nazi stuff, they say there
doing what Hitler wanted and all, but do they no know if Hitler him self was still around he would kill them
to. And this KKK stuff, why can one group of people hate such a larger group, and most of the hate today
is based on the blacks. and i mean i see the black hate on the whites too. but in today world the
way things are going what is the world look like in 20 years. why cant all the groups of people come as
one and live in a world that King wanted, To be judged on our charter not of color of our skin?

Subject: Re: White supremacy getting more power in the 00s?

Written By: chaka on 07/25/06 at 1:09 pm

when's America gonna have a black president?

Written By: Darkbreed on 07/25/06 at 1:11 pm

when's America gonna have a black president?

True, but i would think it would do better to have a girl president?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/06 at 1:19 pm

Prejudice is taught. If you get 3 year olds of all races in a room-they could care less. It is not until they are taught to hate (usually by their parents but not necessarily) that they become hate-mongers. I think with a lot of today's youth, they think it is "cool" to have all that Nazi/KKK stuff-and I'm not too sure if they really know the true meaning of it-which makes it more disturbing. There is a FABULOUS song from South Pacific:

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!

Cat

Written By: Darkbreed on 07/25/06 at 1:26 pm

Prejudice is taught. If you get 3 year olds of all races in a room-they could care less. It is not until they are taught to hate (usually by their parents but not necessarily) that they become hate-mongers. I think with a lot of today's youth, they think it is "cool" to have all that Nazi/KKK stuff-and I'm not too sure if they really know the true meaning of it-which makes it more disturbing. There is a FABULOUS song from South Pacific:

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!

Cat

yes so very true, i applaud you on such a good post

Written By: chaka on 07/25/06 at 1:35 pm

I think with a lot of today's youth, they think it is "cool" to have all that Nazi/KKK stuff-and I'm not too sure if they really know the true meaning of it-which makes it more disturbing.

Absolutely.
They're trying to be "dare devils" by doing that,it's their way of getting respect from people,they want to be admired.
And the way they're doing it,that's the sick part of it.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 07/29/06 at 10:31 pm

Prejudice is taught.

Not in my case. When I was real little, I was afraid of black people. My parents taught me I didn't have to be afraid of black people.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/06 at 6:21 am

I have little or no sympathy for those who make fun of Condi Rice out of one side of their mouth, and complain about the white man "keeping them down" out of the other. You can't have it both ways. If you want to change the system, then change it! Don't complain about it!

(this should be in politics thread)

Wait, because I am african american I have to like Condi?  I don't like Condi, I don't like Clarence, and because of that I can't complain of racism?  That is a load of crap.  If you are of Irish descent do you have to like Buchanan?  If you are Anglo descent do you have to like bush? If you are of Italian descent do you have to like Scalia?  (patronizing bullsh*t)

Written By: Sammy Reed on 07/31/06 at 9:06 pm

I know this is terrible, but when I heard on the news about Condoleeza Rice speaking about Beirut, I couldn't help thinking about the certain "colored joke" they used to tell about Jesse Jackson.

On this same subject, one thing I don't like is the T-shirts with nazi cross designs that say "This Choppers" or "That Choppers". Why is Wal-Mart selling these things?!

Check for new replies or respond here...