inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Donnie's told me to post this..

Written By: Bobo on 07/26/06 at 12:18 am

..merely by way of a goodbye. Don't shoot me - I'm only the piano player.

I can't say your judgment was wrong. If you think I've ruined your board, you have every right to kick me out. I like the people at inthe00s. I thought they liked me too. I was wrong. Almost nobody cares that I'm never coming back. I hope a few of you will remember me when we enter the new decade. I also hope this board stays around.

Farewell :(

Donnie Darko

Subject: Re: Donnie's told me to post this..

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/26/06 at 12:33 am

Farewell Donnie, and good luck in whatever comes your way :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/26/06 at 3:01 am

I can't say your judgment was wrong. If you think I've ruined your board, you have every right to kick me out. I like the people at inthe00s. I thought they liked me too. I was wrong. Almost nobody cares that I'm never coming back. I hope a few of you will remember me when we enter the new decade. I also hope this board stays around.

Donnie Darko
That's not true. The entire membership does not feel this way. While some members do, I for one do not believe you ruined the board and I like you & will miss you & am sad you have to go. You're wrong to say that nobody cares. I think that it was your responsibility to heed repeated warnings from the webmaster regarding the constant flood of new threads, & if you did not heed the warnings, then nobody can be blamed but you. I'm not chastising you or passing judgement, but it seems that you were given a couple of chances to limit yourself and not be a nuisance to the webmaster, and you weren't able to do it so you have to face the consequences. Take it Easy DonnieDarko, creator of The Longest Thread Ever  8)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/26/06 at 3:55 am

That's not true. The entire membership does not feel this way. While some members do, I for one do not believe you ruined the board and I like you & will miss you & am sad you have to go. You're wrong to say that nobody cares. I think that it was your responsibility to heed repeated warnings from the webmaster regarding the constant flood of new threads, & if you did not heed the warnings, then nobody can be blamed but you. I'm not chastising you or passing judgement, but it seems that you were given a couple of chances to limit yourself and not be a nuisance to the webmaster, and you weren't able to do it so you have to face the consequences. Take it Easy DonnieDarko, creator of The Longest Thread Ever  8)

Yeah, same here. I'm defidently sad to see him banned :\'(, he was a cool guy and I liked him, but yeah he was warned to cut down on the new threads and didn't so he was banned. It's just the way it is.

Written By: whistledog on 07/26/06 at 4:30 am

If Donnie is interested, there is a great all 80s messageboard where he can go at http://www.80sxchange.com/forums/

It's a very high traffic messageboard.  They love all 80s discussions over there, and I am sure his decadeology wouldn't be a problem over there :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/26/06 at 5:24 am

Ohhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooo  the sheer tragedy of this DD banning is killing me. I just can't bear it and won't accept it.

Donnie please go on living your life, live well, achieve many things. Oh my Godddd I'm so desperately upset by this.

;D see you soon

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/26/06 at 11:38 am

If Donnie is interested, there is a great all 80s messageboard where he can go at http://www.80sxchange.com/forums/

It's a very high traffic messageboard.  They love all 80s discussions over there, and I am sure his decadeology wouldn't be a problem over there :)

It probably would be if all his threads were the same.

Weren't you banned from that place?  :D

Written By: whistledog on 07/26/06 at 11:47 am

It probably would be if all his threads were the same.

Weren't you banned from that place?   :D

Proudly banned yes :D

Since they have no mods there anymore, Donnie can pretty much do as many topics as he wants, and no one could stop him ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/06 at 11:52 am

Donnie, if you are reading this, please know that I for one will miss you around here. I wish you the best in whatever you chose to do. I think I gave you my e-mail a while back. Please drop me a line from time to time to let me know how you doing.

Take care,

Cat

Written By: Satish on 07/27/06 at 7:41 am

Well, I always enjoyed Donnie's take on pop culture and found it illuminating, so I'm definitely sorry to see him go.  :(

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/06 at 9:47 am

Yes, I'm sad to see him go, but... ya really did make too many threads, Donnie.

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 10:26 am

you know, donnie got banned in the mid 2000s but to me it felt more like the late 1990s.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/06 at 10:39 am

you know, donnie got banned in the mid 2000s but to me it felt more like the late 1990s.

Buahahahaha!

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 10:43 am

personally i didnt mind his decadeology threads that much but then again im probably a bit *ahemkimrichardshugcorduroyahem* obsessive myself.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/06 at 10:46 am

personally i didnt mind his decadeology threads that much but then again im probably a bit *ahemkimrichardshugcorduroyahem* obsessive myself.

What is a ahemkimrichardshugcorduroyahem, Mike?

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 11:08 am

What is a ahemkimrichardshugcorduroyahem, Mike?
hell i dunno. ask me an easier one.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/06 at 11:08 am

hell i dunno. ask me an easier one.

Who's Kim Richards? I'm afraid you never told us about her... Is she a lady friend?

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 11:10 am

Who's Kim Richards? I'm afraid you never told us about her... Is she a lady friend?
now meat, you're only asking for trouble.

hey! i should start a new thread for every one of ms. richards' appearances in film and television! although she mainly worked in the 70s, much of her stuff has an early 80s feel.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/06 at 11:12 am

now meat, you're only asking for trouble.

hey! i should start a new thread for every one of ms. richards' appearances in film and television! although she mainly worked in the 70s, much of her stuff has an early 80s feel.

Now, were these movies with the early '80s feel made in the mid '70s or late '70s?

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 11:15 am

Now, were these movies with the early '80s feel made in the mid '70s or late '70s?
late 70s. her early 70s stuff is very late 60s.

kkay, back me up -- nanny and the prof is uber 60s!

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/06 at 11:17 am

late 70s. her early 70s stuff is very late 60s.

kkay, back me up -- nanny and the prof is uber 60s!

Perhaps you should expand your movies board to movies of all times...

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 11:55 am

Perhaps you should expand your movies board to movies of all times...
I was perusing the demographic breakdown of user ratings of return from witch mountain on imdb the other day. Did you know that all males under 18 who rated RfWM gave it a perfect 10? I find that interesting.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/27/06 at 11:56 am

I was perusing the demographic breakdown of user ratings of return from witch mountain on imdb the other day. Did you know that all males under 18 who rated RfWM gave it a perfect 10? I find that interesting.

Hmmm

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 12:10 pm

Hmmm
it's true.

8 women between 18 and 29 and 2 women between 30 and 44 gave it a ten. i would love to meet them.

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 12:10 pm

did this thread get hijacked?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/27/06 at 12:13 pm

did this thread get hijacked?

no we just forgot about it but you brought it to the fore again

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 12:19 pm

no we just forgot about it but you brought it to the fore again
alas poor donnie, we hardly knew ye.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/27/06 at 11:01 pm

Donnie Darko

Not much I can say that I haven't already said, but if you're reading this, my thoughts haven't changed. I still consider you a buddy, hopefully the feeling is mutual. My Email is in my profile, feel free to drop me a line if you want.

BTW, as for the board Whistledog pointed out: it actually looks pretty cool all around. I might sign up for that one - if you post there, I'll definitely join in, too.

Written By: whistledog on 07/28/06 at 12:22 am

BTW, as for the board Whistledog pointed out: it actually looks pretty cool all around. I might sign up for that one - if you post there, I'll definitely join in, too.

You would like it Marty.  There are lots of 80s fans that pass through there to reminise about the best decade ever. 

I used to be a member there, but I had a disagreement with one of the mods, and got my ass chucked out ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/28/06 at 12:51 am

You would like it Marty.  There are lots of 80s fans that pass through there to reminise about the best decade ever. 

I used to be a member there, but I had a disagreement with one of the mods, and got my ass chucked out ;D

Thanks man, the sections did look really cool. I may start posting there (although I do have, like 5 boards I already post at, so God knows when I'll have time). ;) Yeah, I noticed some of your old posts over there right away, but didn't know you got banned.

Written By: whistledog on 07/28/06 at 2:32 am

Thanks man, the sections did look really cool. I may start posting there (although I do have, like 5 boards I already post at, so God knows when I'll have time). ;) Yeah, I noticed some of your old posts over there right away, but didn't know you got banned.

I got loads of posts over there.  I had close to 8,000 posts, which over there is somewhat of a record.  There are members who have been there for over 4 years who post regularly and still don't have that many

I did alot of great artist polls over there 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...