inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone Been to Gettysburg?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/03/06 at 4:42 am

I am going next weekend and am wondering if anyone has opinions on the best hotels there.  Quiet, clean, near the battlefield.

Subject: Re: Anyone Been to Gettysburg?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/06 at 7:33 am

I've been there...but we live close enough that we don't have to ever spend the night...we just drive home. I know there are a lot of nice bed and breakfast establishments there...I am just not sure of which ones are the best, etc.  Have a great time while you are there! :)

Written By: Apricot on 08/03/06 at 12:30 pm

I've been there countless times... but I live close, so staying the night has never been a problem for me.

I don't know of any major hotels, but there are a lot of bed-and-breakfasts, and a few motels outside of town that I remember.. but nothing sticks out as memorable.. try doing a search from a travel site?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/03/06 at 12:46 pm

I've been there...but we live close enough that we don't have to ever spend the night...we just drive home. I know there are a lot of nice bed and breakfast establishments there...I am just not sure of which ones are the best, etc.  Have a great time while you are there! :)

Haha, remember the last time we went with Justin, and the entire town was completely shut down?

Same with Erin, I don't really know of any hotels, but have as much fun as you possibly can in Gettysburg! =D

Written By: danootaandme on 08/03/06 at 3:23 pm

I tend to obsess over travel arrangements.  I booked us into the Quality Inn and Steinwehr, they offer a room with 3 double beds so we can all have one, I haven't been to a hotel that offers that! We are only going to do one day there, I want to see Little Round Top where Chamberlain closed the door.  Sig couldn't get more than a couple of days off of work we have to jam everything in in 2 days.  I get the battlefields on Sunday. He wants a tour of the Harley factory in York(though he has done it before).  That and a bit of relaxing around the pool and some antique shopping to round it all off.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/06 at 4:44 pm

Maybe someday I will get there. Enjoy the trip and we want to hear ALL about it when you get back.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...