inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where to go from AOL

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/06 at 3:55 pm

Okay, I use AOL because I always have, but I need a change, what providers do you use, what is easiest, what is best?

Subject: Re: Where to go from AOL

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/05/06 at 4:02 pm

BellSouth Fast Access DSL and Home Networking.  Gives us ridiculously fast broadband speed and wireless internet on our laptops.  The last time we used AOL for anything was like, 2001.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/05/06 at 4:22 pm

We have a local ISP that wouldn't help you. Sorry. Now, if you lived closer... ;)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/06 at 4:24 pm

My ISP is British based, so it will not help you.

I used to belong to AOL, but that is another story.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/06/06 at 4:26 am

High Speed Internet from AT&T, cheaper than competitors and reliably quick.  look at me  ;D  That's my company, of course I'm gonna say they're good. good luck in your pursuit of some good quick internet

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/06 at 4:31 am

High Speed Internet from AT&T, cheaper than competitors and reliably quick.   look at me  ;D  That's my company, of course I'm gonna say they're good. good luck in your pursuit of some good quick internet
Are AT&T a part of Cable & Wireless, who are then a part of NTL?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/06/06 at 4:33 am

Are AT&T a part of Cable & Wireless, who are then a part of NTL?
I do not believe they are, they are a combination of SBC, formely Pacific Bell, and AT&T. telecommunications, wireless, and internet, soon to be in cable business

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/06 at 4:34 am

I do not believe they are, they are a combination of SBC, formely Pacific Bell, and AT&T. telecommunications, wireless, and internet, soon to be in cable business
May be it is as in other nations, not your own.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/06/06 at 4:40 am

May be it is as in other nations, not your own.
perhaps

Written By: CeeKay on 08/06/06 at 10:32 am

Okay, I use AOL because I always have, but I need a change, what providers do you use, what is easiest, what is best?

I tried AOL once -- didn't like it.  I use Comcast high speed now.  I used earthlink for dial-up and liked that company.  I also had MSN for dial-up -- that was fine too.

Written By: Apricot on 08/06/06 at 12:38 pm

I use Comcast.. and I'm generally satisfied.

It is a bit pricy, though.

Written By: divine_intervention on 08/06/06 at 3:15 pm

I get mine from the local phone company, but a lot of my relatives elsewhere have Earthlink or MSN.

Written By: Apricot on 08/06/06 at 3:16 pm

I get mine from the local phone company, but a lot of my relatives elsewhere have Earthlink or MSN.

My friend used Earthlink for most of his time before DSL.. he said it's one of the best Dial-Up Services available.. most reliable. Unless your chord gets severed, it rarely (if ever) disconnects on it's own, it's cheap, and it's fast.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/06 at 4:13 pm

I use Netscape, which for $9.95 a month (dialup) is hard to beat.

MSN dialup was a bit better but it was $21.95 a month and I had to tighten my budget.  :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 08/06/06 at 6:02 pm

I use Netscape, which for $9.95 a month (dialup) is hard to beat.

MSN dialup was a bit better but it was $21.95 a month and I had to tighten my budget.  :-\\

Isn't NetScape awful, or is that just my cousin's PC?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/06/06 at 6:11 pm

Some of you guys are some of the few people I know who still use dial-up.  I'd DIE if I had to use dial-up.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/06 at 1:37 am

Some of you guys are some of the few people I know who still use dial-up.  I'd DIE if I had to use dial-up.
One good advantage with Dail-Up, you get less phone calls.

Check for new replies or respond here...