inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hitching The States

Written By: La Roche on 08/09/06 at 8:46 am

Hey folks,

I'm gonna be doing some travelin' around in the near future here.

Anybody who wants the company of lumbering grateful bum for a couple days.. give me, KKay or Mike (Tia) a pm for a cell phone number.

All help is appreciated.

Much gratitude, Davey.

Subject: Re: Hitching The States

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/09/06 at 9:05 am

Which states?  :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/09/06 at 10:34 am

California!? :o.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/06 at 5:02 pm

New York City ?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/06 at 5:18 pm

To add to the list of places: New England?

Cat

Written By: KKay on 08/10/06 at 12:31 pm

I think he may have hit the road already...he's been talking about doing lots of traveling.

I will give him a call so that you are better informed. 

Written By: Davester on 08/10/06 at 12:39 pm

I think he may have hit the road already...he's been talking about doing lots of traveling.

So, he's gone..?  Good...

Get a job ya damn hippy..! go ;)...

Written By: KKay on 08/10/06 at 12:42 pm

he he he....we just spoke.  He's in D.C. and he wants to do some traveling.  Thats all I have right now. I"ll be back with more onthe traveling metal delinquent after this message from our sponsor....

Written By: Davester on 08/10/06 at 12:46 pm

he he he....we just spoke.  He's in D.C. and he wants to do some traveling.  Thats all I have right now. I"ll be back with more onthe traveling metal delinquent after this message from our sponsor....

Ask him to keep some kind of journal like Jack Kerouac, or something groove ;) on...

Written By: Howard on 08/10/06 at 3:18 pm

Where to?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/10/06 at 9:57 pm

;D LOL,    he's gone off to look for America

Written By: Tam on 08/10/06 at 10:06 pm

Let me know when he gets to Texas! ;)

Written By: CeeKay on 08/10/06 at 11:41 pm

He's welcome to hang out here for a few if he makes it this far west.  You can give him my number.

Written By: KKay on 08/11/06 at 8:41 am

;D LOL,    he's gone off to look for America

OK Mike...laugh now.. but when he's at your door and you realise how much it takes to feed that young man, you'll eat those words! (well, no, he will.)

;D

Written By: Tia on 08/11/06 at 9:19 am

just sent him off. i think he did sightseeing for like... an hour. saw the white house. mostly we drank.

Written By: Davester on 08/11/06 at 9:58 am

Tia, that video in your sig is just...

It's just, uh...well, I dunno...

Damn disturbing...go ;)...

Written By: Tia on 08/11/06 at 10:09 am

Tia, that video in your sig is just...

It's just, uh...well, I dunno...

Damn disturbing...go ;)...
VAS IST LOS! VAS IST LOS!!!! AAAAAOOOAUOUUUUGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

i wonder if he won.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/11/06 at 10:50 am

OK Mike...laugh now.. but when he's at your door and you realise how much it takes to feed that young man, you'll eat those words! (well, no, he will.)

;D
I'm used to feeding large mammals at my gatherings and wouldn't mine chowing down some ribs and burgers with the big boy, so bring him on.  8)

Written By: KKay on 08/11/06 at 10:52 am

I'm used to feeding large mammals at my gatherings and wouldn't mine chowing down some ribs and burgers with the big boy, so bring him on.  8)

excellent!
we'll all go!

(ym. ribs and burgers....)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/11/06 at 10:55 am

excellent!
we'll all go!

(ym. ribs and burgers....)
we may have just determined this saturdays menu. hop on the bus and call when you arrive. Lady Di's gonna love this  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/11/06 at 3:21 pm

Where else are you headed off to?

Written By: La Roche on 08/14/06 at 4:18 pm

Where else are you headed off to?

Wherever I feel like Howard.

I'm in New York right now and am enjoying it, I'm gonna hang out here until money ceases to be forthcoming.. or until Thanksgiving.. whichever comes sooner.

After that I guess I'll bum around, glad to see I can count on a few rooms and meals from you nice folks.

Mike.. Karen is right, you have no idea what you would be letting yourself in for trying to feed me, the folks at the Bronx Zoo have a shoot to kill warning out on me.

Anyway, like I say, if anybody wants to get in touch feel free to PM Mike or Karen, they both have my cell phone number and I'd love to talk to some of you and maybe hit your areas at some point in the coming future.

Take care for now guys,

Davey.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/06 at 4:21 pm

I'm in New York right now and am enjoying it, I'm gonna hang out here until money ceases to be forthcoming.. or until Thanksgiving.. whichever comes sooner.

After that I guess I'll bum around, glad to see I can count on a few rooms and meals from you nice folks.

Mike.. Karen is right, you have no idea what you would be letting yourself in for trying to feed me, the folks at the Bronx Zoo have a shoot to kill warning out on me.

Anyway, like I say, if anybody wants to get in touch feel free to PM Mike or Karen, they both have my cell phone number and I'd love to talk to some of you and maybe hit your areas at some point in the coming future.

Take care for now guys,

Davey.

Stop by in Queens soon.  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 08/15/06 at 4:40 pm

Stop by in Queens soon.  ;)

I was just over the river today actually, in Manhatten.

Do you have a cell phone Howard? You could PM me the number.

Written By: Howard on 08/15/06 at 4:45 pm

I was just over the river today actually, in Manhatten.

Do you have a cell phone Howard? You could PM me the number.

Ok Sure maybe one day I'll do that. :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/16/06 at 8:14 am

In the unlikely event you head to Australia any time soon, give me a buzz...I'll be at the pub, with me mates, downing cold stubbies while listening to Old Slim Dusty...or AC/DC...

Written By: Tia on 08/16/06 at 8:46 am

truth be told, i've always wanted to go to australia. seems like a good place to ride out the apocalypse, and let's be honest -- only dumbasses don't see the apocalypse is looming. you'd have to be drunk, or less than 14, to be oblivious to the obvious fact that the world is slowly, painfully coming to an end.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 08/16/06 at 8:51 am

Ooh, ooh! *raises hand* Tennessee.

I don't have much to offer you, though. I'll be living in the dorms at Tennessee Tech University. But if you want some country cooking, my grandmother makes the best.

That's pretty much it.  :-\\

*walks away*

Written By: Tia on 08/16/06 at 12:30 pm

^nashville dude!

forget davey, i'm so there.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/16/06 at 12:47 pm

You headed back west anytime soon?  We're in Chicagoland :)

Written By: Howard on 08/16/06 at 3:39 pm

Death Valley? :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/16/06 at 3:56 pm

Take care for now guys,

Davey.
not a problem Davey, no one has ever gone away hungry at one of my feasts although I guess there's a first time for everything, but when it comes to cookouts, the table is always bounitful, plenty enough even for a big buffalo like you.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 08/16/06 at 4:06 pm

not a problem Davey, no one has ever gone away hungry at one of my feasts although I guess there's a first time for everything, but when it comes to cookouts, the table is always bounitful, plenty enough even for a big buffalo like you.  ;D

Hmmm...

..you raise a challenge.

I'd love to give your cooking a try some time Mike.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/16/06 at 4:56 pm

Hmmm...

..you raise a challenge.

I'd love to give your cooking a try some time Mike.
I would slaughter the fatted calf for you Davey  8)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/16/06 at 10:11 pm

I would slaughter the fatted calf for you Davey  8)

Whatever you do though, don't ever give him beans and take him to a funeral, ok?? ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/16/06 at 11:08 pm

Whatever you do though, don't ever give him beans and take him to a funeral, ok?? ;D
:o  without knowing any details I am perfectly willing to heed your advice Andrea.

Written By: La Roche on 08/17/06 at 10:49 am

:-[

Possibly..... my proudest moment.

Written By: KKay on 08/18/06 at 6:05 pm

how's that sofa, davey?

Written By: La Roche on 08/18/06 at 6:10 pm

how's that sofa, davey?

Not bad at all.

But I'm too tall, my feet hit the coffee table when I recline.

Rectify this situation or face the dire consequences.

I might take a nap.

Written By: KKay on 08/18/06 at 6:22 pm

Not bad at all.

But I'm too tall, my feet hit the coffee table when I recline.

Rectify this situation or face the dire consequences.

I might take a nap.

you're supposed to get bode to work out so she sleeps while i'm at the party later.
i think that about 8 you'd better take her for a long walk then put her in the house.

Written By: La Roche on 08/18/06 at 6:24 pm

you're supposed to get bode to work out so she sleeps while i'm at the party later.
i think that about 8 you'd better take her for a long walk then put her in the house.

I wouldn't worry about her sleeping..

I'll take her in a minute.

Written By: KKay on 08/18/06 at 6:25 pm

I wouldn't worry about her sleeping..

I'll take her in a minute.

ok..thanks.

btw, for all you watching at home, he's dog sitting for me.

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 6:28 pm

in other words...

GET TO WORK.

Written By: La Roche on 08/18/06 at 6:28 pm

ok..thanks.

..and he can't remember where the towels are.. and he'll be back in a little while.

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 6:28 pm

ok..thanks.

is that what they're calling it now?

Written By: KKay on 08/18/06 at 6:29 pm

in other words...

GET TO WORK.

even him: the foreign au pair i hired can't get off that sofa.
sure, it reclines, but it's nothing to write home about.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 10:44 am

is that what they're calling it now?

The electric boogaloo.

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 10:45 am

I hope my little island has provided you with lots of fun and excitement...and maybe even was educational!

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 10:55 am

I hope my little island has provided you with lots of fun and excitement...and maybe even was educational!

If a spider bites you.. you get superpowers.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/19/06 at 11:22 am

did ya finally get rid of him, I mean it's sad he had to leave so soon? dang,  ;D 

If a spider bites you.. you get superpowers.
I thought the same thing recently and all that happend was my leg got a big black spot on it, no web spinning, crawling powers, nothing. It doesn't work.  >:(

lemme know if you're coming to California so I can warn the family and neighbors, and if you do, let me know and we'll have a hot wing eating contest which I am sure by reputation you'll win.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 11:58 am

did ya finally get rid of him, I mean sad he had to leave do soon? dang,  ;D 
I thought the same thing recently and all that happend was my leg got a big black spot on it, no web spinning, crawling powers, nothing. It doesn't work.  >:(

lemme know if you're coming to California so I can warn the family and neighbors, and if you do, let me know and we'll have a hot wing eating contest which I am sure by reputation you'll win.

The secret with hot wings is to maintain a consistent speed.

You can't try and hurry them, because all that will happen is you'll end up getting fiddly with them and dropping em, think of it as eating a carrot sideways.

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 12:03 pm

did ya finally get rid of him, I mean sad he had to leave do soon? dang,  ;D 

he's not gone yet, but that day is approaching.  fire up the grill.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/19/06 at 12:05 pm

I can't tell if this one big running joke or not; is this guy actually in your house?

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 12:13 pm

I can't tell if this one big running joke or not; is this guy actually in your house?

he was...he was dog sitting for me yesterday and we went to a party with my friends last night.  when he arrived he spent two days on my friend's sofa AND Tia (mike) came up to hang out!
I posted pictures of us on the...umm...maybe this thread.
I'll check.

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 12:14 pm

he was...he was dog sitting for me yesterday and we went to a party with my friends last night.  when he arrived he spent two days on my friend's sofa AND Tia (mike) came up to hang out!
I'll check.

no, the "DAvey and Tia on vacation" thread

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 12:14 pm

I'll check.

Honey.. I wasn't on no sofa.  ;D ;)

Nah, on me and Mike's vacation thread.

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 12:18 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,21103.105.html

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/19/06 at 12:26 pm

The secret with hot wings is to maintain a consistent speed.

You can't try and hurry them, because all that will happen is you'll end up getting fiddly with them and dropping em, think of it as eating a carrot sideways.
I got a killer recipe which everyone loves, which I got from my ex-wife uh, Martha Stewart, yeah.
I can eat a mess of em, smothered in Frank's hot sauce. they are to die for. 

he's not gone yet, but that day is approaching.  fire up the grill.
;D what's your hurry?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/19/06 at 1:48 pm

You let someone you met online in your house?  You're a hell of a lot more trusting and friendly than me. 

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 3:07 pm

You let someone you met online in your house?  You're a hell of a lot more trusting and friendly than me. 

well, it was after about two weeks of his arrival.  we'd met before too so it was not a total stranger.
i have met both tia and davey before.
and after he was here a while (we went out for drinks a few times and he went to my friend's birthday party) and it was all ok

Written By: Jessica on 08/19/06 at 7:21 pm

Nowadays, it's really not that uncommon. I met Rice_Cube on here. Two weeks ago, I met up with three people from another board. I've also met DJ Midas and Dagwood and we're all still alive. ;D

Then again, we've been talking online for like five years. :P

Written By: Tia on 08/19/06 at 7:35 pm

well, it was after about two weeks of his arrival.  we'd met before too so it was not a total stranger.
and after he was here a while (we went out for drinks a few times and he went to my friend's birthday party) and it was all ok
your impersonation of her is actually getting quite a bit better, davey. much improved since you first took her laptop and started using her account.

you should probably know, though, they actually started dredging the lake a couple days ago.

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 7:37 pm

your impersonation of her is actually getting quite a bit better, davey. much improved since you first took her laptop and started using her account.

you should probably know, though, they actually started dredging the lake a couple days ago.

thanks! 

don't worry about the dredging. i got myself a job with the local water rescue team and i'm part of the investigation...i just keep pushing her down the water towards jersey.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 7:44 pm

The only problem is the dog, I don't know what it ate, but I can't make it sink.

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 7:54 pm

The only problem is the dog, I don't know what it ate, but I can't make it sink.

ok...now it's gone too far....you leave bode out.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 7:57 pm

ok...now it's gone too far....you leave bode out.

Hello me, meet the real me, in my misfits, way of life.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/20/06 at 3:10 am

I'll check.
You didn't come home and catch him rifling thru your underwear drawer did you?    ;D

Written By: KKay on 08/20/06 at 9:10 am

You didn't come home and catch him rifling thru your underwear drawer did you?    ;D

no,but the fridge and the liquor cabinet are empty.

Written By: La Roche on 08/20/06 at 9:11 am

no,but the fridge and the liquor cabinet are empty.

And you wonder why Bode was so tired.

Written By: KKay on 08/20/06 at 9:15 am

And you wonder why Bode was so tired.

;D

Written By: CeeKay on 08/20/06 at 9:19 am

Geez...even Davey got to go to Lou's party.  I'm so jealous!

For the record, I've met four or five people from on-line forums in person along the way.  Two in Seattle when I was travelling for business and two in NYC when I was visiting at one point.  And then, of course, the personals ads guy I went out with last week.  If you chat with them over time on a forum where you have real conversation, I think your safety level is very high. (Don't you feel pretty confident that I am not a serial killer?  ::) )

Written By: La Roche on 08/20/06 at 9:22 am

For the record, I've met four or five people from on-line forums in person along the way.  Two in Seattle when I was travelling for business and two in NYC when I was visiting at one point.  And then, of course, the personals ads guy I went out with last week.  If you chat with them over time on a forum where you have real conversation, I think your safety level is very high. (Don't you feel pretty confident that I am not a serial killer?  ::) )

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.

Lou & Ralph are great.

I especially loved the line "Oh she's my main squeeze."

Written By: KKay on 08/20/06 at 9:42 am

and everyone here offered him a place to sleep and food if he traveled the states...so i don't have too much fear.

Written By: Tia on 08/20/06 at 9:53 am

and everyone here offered him a place to sleep and food if he traveled the states...so i don't have too much fear.

i was kidding, though. imagine my shock when he actually took me up on it.

Written By: La Roche on 08/20/06 at 11:48 am

i was kidding, though. imagine my shock when he actually took me up on it.

You know you enjoyed my cutting remarks on your decor and soft furnishings.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/20/06 at 2:48 pm

If you come to Colorado, just don't leave my kids with any of your head-bangin' Norwegian whatever-it-is-you-listen-to music.  My house is noisy enough as it is.  :P

Written By: ADH13 on 08/20/06 at 6:13 pm

as if you're one to talk...  speaking of which, did you bring that bedspread with you on your journey? :D

Written By: Tia on 08/20/06 at 6:20 pm

as if you're one to talk...  speaking of which, did you bring that bedspread with you on your journey? :D
he's lost without his david mustaine stuffed animal. it looks like dave mustaine, but it also looks like a tiger. SO cute.

Written By: La Roche on 08/20/06 at 11:39 pm

MOTHER FUC.KIN.. Kinda..

Karen was all "My mom gave me this bedspread, it's real nasty, i don't like it" you wanna know what it was?

Yes, correct, the exact bedspread I purchased. Nobody likes my soft furnishing choices.  :\'(

Written By: KKay on 08/21/06 at 8:16 am

he's lost without his david mustaine stuffed animal. it looks like dave mustaine, but it also looks like a tiger. SO cute.

he he....inspired to fire up the sewing machine and make one.

Karen was all "My mom gave me this bedspread, it's real nasty, i don't like it" you wanna know what it was?

Yes, correct, the exact bedspread I purchased. Nobody likes my soft furnishing choices.  :\'(

^CK: Dont tell mom i hate the bed spread. it's still in the car from two weeks ago when i got it.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/21/06 at 8:28 am

he he....inspired to fire up the sewing machine and make one.

^CK: Dont tell mom i hate the bed spread. it's still in the car from two weeks ago when i got it.

BAHAHA....  of course.  :-X

Written By: KKay on 08/21/06 at 8:34 am

BAHAHA....  of course.   :-X

its' pretty bad..it looked good in her room, but it's red white and blue stripe on one side and red white and blue flowers onthe other.
looks like the bicentennial float from a parade blew up.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/21/06 at 8:38 am

its' pretty bad..it looked good in her room, but it's red white and blue stripe on one side and red white and blue flowers onthe other.

Hmm...can't imagine crawling under the bicentennial float at the end of a long day. 
Donate it to charity.  And all is right with the world.

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 9:22 am

Look Here Woman!

Now.. you might know all about how.. electricity and such like works.. and you may be able to create forward momentum in one of those.. horseless-cart whojamaflips.. but.. Leave the Soft Furnishings to a man!

It's exceptionally pretty, they're like.. flowers on one side.. and then.. these stripe things on the other side.. but I never had the stripe side up 'cus it was white and the Wunder-Wulf just made it messy.

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 9:22 am

Awww.. jeez.. But I feel better having given it to you. Has the problem stopped yet by the way?

Written By: Howard on 08/21/06 at 4:29 pm

Where you headed off this time?

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 9:05 pm

Hmm...can't imagine crawling under the bicentennial float at the end of a long day. 
Donate it to charity.  And all is right with the world.

KAREN! If you donate that to charity I will be especially angry.

a) Because you've done something for charity.

and.. b) Because I want it, it's clean and my one is revolting.

Keep it for me.

Written By: KKay on 08/22/06 at 8:06 am

KAREN! If you donate that to charity I will be especially angry.

a) Because you've done something for charity.

and.. b) Because I want it, it's clean and my one is revolting.

Keep it for me.

no way. i'm putting a duvet cover on it and using it myself.
Bode will get the old one.

Written By: La Roche on 08/22/06 at 8:20 am

no way. i'm putting a duvet cover on it and using it myself.
Bode will get the old one.

That's ok then.

Written By: La Roche on 01/16/07 at 5:56 pm

Hi folks. Phase 2 of Davey's travels will begin in about 4 weeks when I get back to the US with my Bro - PB. No..not Peanut Butter, Pete.

Anywho, we're gonna be heading through Ill-e-noiz, Indiana (Rice, Jess!) , Ohio, Pennsylvania (Erin, Kathie!!), Masschussets... (who lives around Boston that dosen't hate me?) Upstate NY (Yo, Paul, sup?), Virginia (Mike, darling)...etc...etc...etc. So, it's that time of the year again.

'Find a couch for some bums'. ;D

Lemme know if anybody wants to show us guys around and maybe get some Davey home cookin and drinkin.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/16/07 at 6:06 pm

Hi folks. Phase 2 of Davey's travels will begin in about 4 weeks when I get back to the US with my Bro - PB. No..not Peanut Butter, Pete.

Anywho, we're gonna be heading through Ill-e-noiz, Indiana (Rice, Jess!) , Ohio, Pennsylvania (Erin, Kathie!!), Masschussets... (who lives around Boston that dosen't hate me?) Upstate NY (Yo, Paul, sup?), Virginia (Mike, darling)...etc...etc...etc. So, it's that time of the year again.

Lemme know if anybody wants to show us guys around and maybe get some Davey home cookin and drinkin.

I'd sponsor an Ohio leg of your journey, but I don't the hubby would like it too much.. lol  Have a good time though

Written By: La Roche on 01/16/07 at 6:08 pm

I'd sponsor an Ohio leg of your journey, but I don't the hubby would like it too much.. lol  Have a good time though

;D A crate of cheap domestic beer wouldn't sway the deal?  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/07 at 6:31 pm

What about Vermont? We have a spare bedroom (and a couch) with your name on it if you want it.

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 01/16/07 at 6:35 pm

What about Vermont? We have a spare bedroom (and a couch) with your name on it if you want it.

I'd love to get up there. I remember we had a chat about this before. Pete is in to his hiking and I enjoy going out in the woods and hills myself. I think I'll suggest the idea to him.
If it's all good I dare say your offer would be taken up. It's a part of the country I've hardly seen any of and would love to get around.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/07 at 6:53 pm

I'd love to get up there. I remember we had a chat about this before. Pete is in to his hiking and I enjoy going out in the woods and hills myself. I think I'll suggest the idea to him.
If it's all good I dare say your offer would be taken up. It's a part of the country I've hardly seen any of and would love to get around.

Just let us know when. If it is during the summer, we can take you out on the Big Dog.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 01/16/07 at 7:09 pm

Just let us know when. If it is during the summer, we can take you out on the Big Dog.  ;D ;D

Cat

;D

I'm thinking I'll be getting up to the North East by March, so unless you guys have a lot of sweatshirts..  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 01/16/07 at 8:30 pm

You'd have to talk to me about a week before because I don't know how the course/exam/finding a house schedule will look by the time you swing around...if not too hectic, you're welcome, but I hope you understand the little sitch I have, what with not failing out of school and finding a roof for the family in six months :D

Of course. Happy birthday by the way.  ;)

You should consult me about soft furnishings for the new house. I'm the man for that stuff.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/16/07 at 11:03 pm

You should consult me about soft furnishings for the new house. I'm the man for that stuff.

Indeed you are.  :D

Written By: Gis on 01/17/07 at 1:30 am

Yes, such a taste in bed covers.

Written By: La Roche on 01/17/07 at 8:36 am

Indeed you are.  :D

Yes, such a taste in bed covers.

My current one looks like a tie from a big band-leader in 1973.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/07 at 11:30 am

;D

I'm thinking I'll be getting up to the North East by March, so unless you guys have a lot of sweatshirts..  ;D

Oh well. We could at least show you the Big Dog because she will probably still be in the backyard at that time.

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 01/17/07 at 11:31 am

Oh well. We could at least show you the Big Dog because she will probably still be in the backyard at that time.

Just how big is the big dog? I've seen a shot but it's hard to get a perspective.

Written By: Tia on 01/17/07 at 11:57 am

we should see if jason wants to hang in baltimore this time. that might be fun. you should try and come around around spring break, cuz he's a teacher -- he can usually just party all day long on spring break.

Written By: La Roche on 01/17/07 at 2:10 pm

we should see if jason wants to hang in baltimore this time. that might be fun. you should try and come around around spring break, cuz he's a teacher -- he can usually just party all day long on spring break.

Wait.. Jason is.. which one? Did I meet him?

Yeah, I figure I'll hit you up some time in late March. I might finally make the big trip down to Meixco for actual spring break, dunno, that'll be a financial decision.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/07 at 3:05 pm

Just how big is the big dog? I've seen a shot but it's hard to get a perspective.

25 foot. Supposed to sleeps 5 (adults) but one probably wouldn't be too comfortable. 4 comfortably. The most we have had on her (for a day trip) were 7 adults and 2 babies.

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 01/17/07 at 5:16 pm

25 foot. Supposed to sleeps 5 (adults) but one probably wouldn't be too comfortable. 4 comfortably. The most we have had on her (for a day trip) were 7 adults and 2 babies.

Superb!

I've only been on a boat as big as that a couple times. My friend Dave (who's wedding I was at when my picture was taken where I looked half asleep) his Father has one about that size. Always a good day out.

Written By: spaceace on 01/18/07 at 9:50 am

I don't have a couch.  I'll have to set you up in a motel.  don't worry it's on me.  Just tell me when you'll be in town and we'll make arrangements.  One condition . . . we have to go to the Lancaster Brewing Company. 8)

Written By: KKay on 01/18/07 at 9:52 am

I don't have a couch.  I'll have to set you up in a motel.  don't worry it's on me.  Just tell me when you'll be in town and we'll make arrangements.  One condition . . . we have to go to the Lancaster Brewing Company. 8)

Someone better call them now and warn them.

Written By: spaceace on 01/18/07 at 9:55 am

Someone better call them now and warn them.

I'll be sure to do that.

Written By: La Roche on 01/18/07 at 10:05 am

I think I could beat a brewery.

Written By: spaceace on 01/18/07 at 10:08 am

I think I could beat a brewery.

I thought that was pretty much a given.

Written By: La Roche on 01/18/07 at 10:09 am

I thought that was pretty much a given.

Well.. eventually one's liver will actually commit suicide.

Written By: spaceace on 01/18/07 at 10:12 am

Well.. eventually one's liver will actually commit suicide.

Of course.  I'm debating whether I should warn Mr. Grey of your pending arrival. :)

Written By: La Roche on 07/11/08 at 2:12 pm

Wow. So I've done so much traveling. I've been all up and down the Eastern Seaboard, went down to Texas (sorry Tam, I was in DFW), Florida, Nor Cal, Oregon, New Mexico, Montana, a bunch of parts of Canada, went all around the south east, been very busy. My next trip is out to Arizona so if anybody wants to come to the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell, let me know!

Written By: Howard on 07/11/08 at 3:30 pm

How's the weather over in Arizona?

Written By: La Roche on 07/11/08 at 4:18 pm

How's the weather over in Arizona?

Hot I imagine, I don't leave for another couple of weeks.

Written By: Howard on 07/12/08 at 7:14 am

Hot I imagine, I don't leave for another couple of weeks.

Enjoy your stay.

Written By: Shacks Train on 07/13/08 at 10:09 pm

Forget hitching.can be dangerous!.If you want to travel for free .ride the rails.............
Just be sure to get on to a container car & bring a hammock you can string between the sides.You may want to get off when it pulls into a yard as sometimes they do check the length of it.But the sites you will see are beyond the road systems & quite beautiful.....I've done this a few times before & once on a CP line I sat on a cooler drinking beer under a mile of Leopard tanks!Every summer in Augest they ship them out of Gagetown NB by rail to Alta.....Nice big flat deck....& you can sleep safely between the treads.....Wished I had a video camera with me!Even if your sleeping the noise of the train stopping will wake you up.....& as it slows just step off & circle back around the yard to re catch it as it leaves.......As long as you don't mess with the cars you'll be OK....Great free way to see the territories!

an Adventure for Sure!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/14/08 at 2:21 am

Wow. So I've done so much traveling. I've been all up and down the Eastern Seaboard, went down to Texas (sorry Tam, I was in DFW), Florida, Nor Cal, Oregon, New Mexico, Montana, a bunch of parts of Canada, went all around the south east, been very busy. My next trip is out to Arizona so if anybody wants to come to the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell, let me know!
Nor Cal..when and where?

Written By: La Roche on 07/14/08 at 11:55 am

Forget hitching.can be dangerous!.If you want to travel for free .ride the rails.............
Just be sure to get on to a container car & bring a hammock you can string between the sides.You may want to get off when it pulls into a yard as sometimes they do check the length of it.But the sites you will see are beyond the road systems & quite beautiful.....I've done this a few times before & once on a CP line I sat on a cooler drinking beer under a mile of Leopard tanks!Every summer in Augest they ship them out of Gagetown NB by rail to Alta.....Nice big flat deck....& you can sleep safely between the treads.....Wished I had a video camera with me!Even if your sleeping the noise of the train stopping will wake you up.....& as it slows just step off & circle back around the yard to re catch it as it leaves.......As long as you don't mess with the cars you'll be OK....Great free way to see the territories!

an Adventure for Sure!!

Errr, thanks, but, it was just sort of clever way of saying 'traveling around the country'.. I actually have the financial ability to buy train and plane tickets.  ;)

Nor Cal..when and where?

Eureka, my buddy lived there for years and he went back and I went with him. I wanted to get down to the Bay Area.. but wasn't quite aware of just how large a state California is. It's about a 600 mile round trip.

Written By: Bobby on 07/14/08 at 5:04 pm

All the best with the travelling, Andy - you're living my dream, lol.  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/14/08 at 5:28 pm

Errr, thanks, but, it was just sort of clever way of saying 'traveling around the country'.. I actually have the financial ability to buy train and plane tickets.  ;)

Eureka, my buddy lived there for years and he went back and I went with him. I wanted to get down to the Bay Area.. but wasn't quite aware of just how large a state California is. It's about a 600 mile round trip.
you don't wanna "hobo"  ::)     

Eureka is way up near the Oregon border, very close to 600 miles roundtrip and that is a very boring drive. 

Written By: La Roche on 07/14/08 at 6:42 pm

you don't wanna "hobo"  ::)     

Eureka is way up near the Oregon border, very close to 600 miles roundtrip and that is a very boring drive. 

Right, we went through the trees and such, the ocean there isn't so good.

Written By: Tam on 07/14/08 at 11:29 pm

It's all good Darlin'  8)
Think we covered that before! Now however, New York State is a much easier place to get to!!! ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...