inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs That Give You Weird Vibes...

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/10/06 at 10:19 am

Not talking about the usual feelings of sadness, fondness...but are there any songs which elicit inexplicably, very strong negative/positive emotions in you? For instance, whenever I listen to the song 'Eternal Flame' various (esp the Savage Garden version) - I literally feel sort of dizzy and nauseous - not the 'nausea' (which isn't nausea) I get when listening to saccharine pop/Boy bands.etc. I'm sure it somehow relates to my memory of first hearing the song, but I can't quite remember what negative buried memory in the past started it off. I'm weird like that, don't ask...

Subject: Re: Songs That Give You Weird Vibes...

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/10/06 at 10:28 am

Heh...

I've learned that strong breathing and snoring in recordings make me feel sick.

Same with songs that are a little bassy with tons of treble getting added on... Like a bunch of CocoRosie songs (I still love them!)

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/11/06 at 2:04 am

Heh...

I've learned that strong breathing and snoring in recordings make me feel sick.

Same with songs that are a little bassy with tons of treble getting added on... Like a bunch of CocoRosie songs (I still love them!)

Heartbeats...I don't like the sound of heart-beats, for some reason...like the Floyd song 'Breathe'

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/11/06 at 4:42 am

Not talking about the usual feelings of sadness, fondness...but are there any songs which elicit inexplicably, very strong negative/positive emotions in you? For instance, whenever I listen to the song 'Eternal Flame' various (esp the Savage Garden version) - I literally feel sort of dizzy and nauseous - not the 'nausea' (which isn't nausea) I get when listening to saccharine pop/Boy bands.etc. I'm sure it somehow relates to my memory of first hearing the song, but I can't quite remember what negative buried memory in the past started it off. I'm weird like that, don't ask...

Well, certainly not in a "bad" way or anything, but when I was younger, I used to think the heavy organ solo on the bridge of "Here Comes the Rain" by The Eurythmics was sorta creepy.

Check for new replies or respond here...