inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Going away for a short vacation

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/14/06 at 4:45 pm

Hi everyone. I am leaving on a vacation - the first of this kind since May of 2005. So, this is very well deserved! We're going to Los Angeles and hitting Magic Mountain, Disneyland, Hollywood, Malibu, Pasadena and some other local areas down south. It's about 369 miles from here, so we're going to drive down Thursday night, stay at a hotel about halfway down and wake up early to start trekking down to Magic Mountain which is just outside L.A. in Valencia. From there, we're going to do the rest of the listed places until we leave on Tuesday (we, as in my boyfriend and I).

Hope to see you all back here on Wednesday, 8/23, in one piece and with a few pictures to share :0)

Best of luck,
Kristen (I will be lingering around here until Thursday, though)

Subject: Re: Going away for a short vacation

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/14/06 at 6:26 pm

^ bump ^ (just in case this got bypassed by others)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/14/06 at 6:32 pm

Hi everyone. I am leaving on a vacation - the first of this kind since May of 2005. So, this is very well deserved! We're going to Los Angeles and hitting Magic Mountain, Disneyland, Hollywood, Malibu, Pasadena and some other local areas down south. It's about 369 miles from here, so we're going to drive down Thursday night, stay at a hotel about halfway down and wake up early to start trekking down to Magic Mountain which is just outside L.A. in Valencia. From there, we're going to do the rest of the listed places until we leave on Tuesday (we, as in my boyfriend and I).

Hope to see you all back here on Wednesday, 8/23, in one piece and with a few pictures to share :0)

Best of luck,
Hey Krissy, I know you're gonna have such a good time. My family and I love Disneyland. Sounds like a much deserved vacation. at least we gotchu until Thursday. so if for some reason we don't touch base, have a fun safe trip, and bring back pics.  8)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/14/06 at 6:44 pm

Hey Krissy, I know you're gonna have such a good time. My family and I love Disneyland. Sounds like a much deserved vacation. at least we gotchu until Thursday. so if for some reason we don't touch base, have a fun safe trip, and bring back pics.  8)

I will definetly bring back some amazing pics! And being this is my 4th time at Disneyland, I have that place mapped out in my brain still - lol.  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/14/06 at 7:48 pm

two words:Rodeo Drive..lemme live vicariously l'il sis  8) ;)

hope you have an awesome time  :) :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/15/06 at 1:43 pm

Sounds like you will have a grand time, but you could probably have made it down there all in one night :D  Especially if you go down in the middle of the night, as long as your car isn't governed, you can go from SF to LA in like 5.5 hours :D

Have fun.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/15/06 at 1:56 pm

Enjoy your little trip, Krissy!  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/15/06 at 3:03 pm

Sounds like you will have a grand time, but you could probably have made it down there all in one night :D  Especially if you go down in the middle of the night, as long as your car isn't governed, you can go from SF to LA in like 5.5 hours :D

Have fun.

Yeah, we did that on family vacations but, my boyfriend and I just figured that hotel stay gives us that needed sleep and then allows us to have a full day of adventure without feeling groggy. My brother and I trekked to Las Vegas about four years ago and drove the whole night through. It was a dastardly day and it was **%$* HOT night! lol We just couldn't get caught up on sleep from that point on.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/15/06 at 3:05 pm

^ plus, we may have to have some dinner stops on the way, so we may not get there in the appointed 5.5 hours, but I know it's doable - we're just two old fogey's who are gonna take our time  ;D

Written By: Southern Image on 08/15/06 at 3:21 pm

Have fun. I just went to Sea World a few weeks ago. I hadn't been there in ages.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/15/06 at 3:33 pm

Have a fun vacation! 8)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/15/06 at 3:45 pm

^^ Thank you much ^^ to all above. I look forward to sharing my stories when I return :0)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/15/06 at 3:57 pm

^^ Thank you much ^^ to all above. I look forward to sharing my stories when I return :0)
I hear Pirates Of The Caribbean has been made better. That's always been one of my favorite rides. I hear they incorporated more of the movie into that 1950's boatride and that Captain jack Sparrow may be in somwhere?  & if you spend $30 or more on a meal at a restaurant in Orleans Square you receive a free commerative Pirates of the Caribbean coin. My friend got one, they're pretty cool, but of course that;s if you spend 30 bucks on lunch, not a cheap lunch.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/15/06 at 4:04 pm

I hear Pirates Of The Caribbean has been made better. That's always been one of my favorite rides. I hear they incorporated more of the movie into that 1950's boatride and that Captain jack Sparrow may be in somwhere?  & if you spend $30 or more on a meal at a restaurant in Orleans Square you receive a free commerative Pirates of the Caribbean coin. My friend got one, they're pretty cool, but of course that;s if you spend 30 bucks on lunch, not a cheap lunch.

Of course you get a free cheapy coin, you just blew $30 on overpriced food at Disneyland :D

But yeah, to coincide with the movie's release, they incorporated Captain Jack into the ride.  In fact, some of the scenes from the movies are picture-for-picture duplicates of the ride.  So fans of the movies should be pretty impressed and thrilled when they go to Disneyland this time around :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/15/06 at 4:15 pm

Best of luck,

Hey, hope ya have a great time - I always loved road trips. Looking forward to the pics, too. :)

I've been to Disneyland twice. Once when I was 4 in very early 1986, with my parents, grandma and uncle. That was the most fun, from what I remember (i.e. doing bumper cars, and being--barely--old enough to remember the rides with detail, but too young to be afraid of it). The second time was with some HS friends in '99. I more remember that for the overall experience. At the park itself, I tried to replicate where I'd been the first time, but it had kinda changed exterior appearance by then, lol.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/15/06 at 4:21 pm

Of course you get a free cheapy coin, you just blew $30 on overpriced food at Disneyland :D

But yeah, to coincide with the movie's release, they incorporated Captain Jack into the ride.  In fact, some of the scenes from the movies are picture-for-picture duplicates of the ride.  So fans of the movies should be pretty impressed and thrilled when they go to Disneyland this time around :)
and the kicker is they have 8 different coins so if you buy 8 meals over $30, you'll get all 8  ;D 
with my family of 3, we rarely spend 30bucks on lunch in the park unless we eat at the Blue Bayou inside the Pirates ride area. We never eat dinner in the park, we always go out and you probably know all these places ++ Hot stuff ++  across from the park entrance is Tony Romas, we always hit The Spaghetti Station.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/15/06 at 4:51 pm

Have a fun and safe trip Krissy! :)

Written By: Howard on 08/15/06 at 4:55 pm

Where'd you say you were going?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/15/06 at 5:27 pm

and the kicker is they have 8 different coins so if you buy 8 meals over $30, you'll get all 8  ;D 
with my family of 3, we rarely spend 30bucks on lunch in the park unless we eat at the Blue Bayou inside the Pirates ride area. We never eat dinner in the park, we always go out and you probably know all these places ++ Hot stuff ++  across from the park entrance is Tony Romas, we always hit The Spaghetti Station.

We ate at the IHOP last time, but we mainly stayed in the Disney park and ate. I remember eating French Fries for lunch, lol. We also had some kabobs near the Indiana Jones/Jungle Cruise rides. We ate at the Blue Bayou and that was a definate treat - Gawd... I SO want to be there right now!

Maybe we'll hit the Spaghetti Station this time around :0) We all sound like total buffs on Disneyland, eh?  lol

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/15/06 at 5:29 pm

Where'd you say you were going?

Mostly Los Angeles and Anaheim and hitting two major amusement parks - Disneyland and Magic Mountain.

Written By: Howard on 08/15/06 at 6:09 pm

Mostly Los Angeles and Anaheim and hitting two major amusement parks - Disneyland and Magic Mountain.

Enjoy!  ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/16/06 at 1:36 pm

Enjoy!  ;)

Thank you, Howard. Have you ever been to Disneyworld?

Written By: Howard on 08/16/06 at 3:33 pm

Thank you, Howard. Have you ever been to Disneyworld?

Can't say that I have

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/16/06 at 3:39 pm

Enjoy your trip Kristen and remember TOFU RULES!  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/16/06 at 3:41 pm

Enjoy your trip Kristen and remember TOFU RULES!   :D

I hate Tofu. :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/16/06 at 3:49 pm

We ate at the IHOP last time, but we mainly stayed in the Disney park and ate. I remember eating French Fries for lunch, lol. We also had some kabobs near the Indiana Jones/Jungle Cruise rides. We ate at the Blue Bayou and that was a definate treat - Gawd... I SO want to be there right now!

Maybe we'll hit the Spaghetti Station this time around :0) We all sound like total buffs on Disneyland, eh?  lol
You'll like the Spaghetti Station, it has a western museum inside the restaurant and tons of pasta. Diane & Julie always insist we eat at Bakers Square which isn't fancy, but they love that place and they have great pies. The park is filled with places to eat & yes, lots of french fries  ;D have a good time Kristen.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/16/06 at 3:55 pm

I hate Tofu. :P

Okay.

Check for new replies or respond here...