inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OH MY GOD! NO WAY!

Written By: whistledog on 08/15/06 at 3:15 am

Recognize the title of this thread?  It's from what could easily be the most annoying banner ad ever

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i127/Arcanoscl/ad.jpg

What are some annoying banner ads you've seen around the internet?

Subject: Re: OH MY GOD! NO WAY!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/15/06 at 3:27 am

Oh that f*cking thing.  Every time I see that ad I want to hurl my computer out the window.  Another really horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE banner ad is the one with a paparazzi camera chasing Brad Pitt and you have to try and click a picture of him while he dodges away and you hear the shutter sounds of the camera......ARRRRRRRGH.

Written By: whistledog on 08/15/06 at 3:29 am

Oh that f*cking thing.  Every time I see that ad I want to hurl my computer out the window.  Another really horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE banner ad is the one with a paparazzi camera chasing Brad Pitt and you have to try and click a picture of him while he dodges away and you hear the shutter sounds of the camera......ARRRRRRRGH.

I've seen that Brad Pitt one.  It is annoying.  There's also one where Johnny Depp moves back and forth, and you have to plant a kiss on his cheek ;D

There is a similar one that's fun where you have to knock out a boxer who moves back and forth.  I was playing with that ad one night for about a half hour ;D  There's also a baseball one where you hit a homerun and win an iPod.  Banner ads .. the next generation in arcade gaming ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/15/06 at 4:09 am

Banner ads? What are those things?  ???

Written By: Tia on 08/15/06 at 7:38 am

Banner ads? What are those things?  ???
you know, like this?

Written By: Apricot on 08/15/06 at 9:13 am

There's one with a mosquito humming.. very high-pitched, worse then the shutters.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/15/06 at 9:17 am

Recognize the title of this thread?  It's from what could easily be the most annoying banner ad ever

Those damn things scare me every single time. They're extremely loud to begin with, but seem ten times worse when you have headphones on.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/15/06 at 9:28 am

Oy... I hate that one that goes "HellOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Written By: Gis on 08/15/06 at 10:24 am

I hate the one that has the huge spider running up and down it.*SHUDDER*

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/15/06 at 11:19 am

use firefox and adblock... you'll see so few ads you won't even notice these things anymore

Written By: Schillingfan on 08/15/06 at 11:43 am

I hate that one too

Written By: Southern Image on 08/15/06 at 11:44 am

I hate that ad too.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/15/06 at 12:28 pm

It is pretty annoying.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/15/06 at 3:16 pm

There's one with a mosquito humming.. very high-pitched, worse then the shutters.

Oh yeah, that one sucks.  The first time I heard it, I thought something was wrong with my computer.

Written By: Schillingfan on 08/15/06 at 4:31 pm

Those damn things scare me every single time. They're extremely loud to begin with, but seem ten times worse when you have headphones on.

They scare the crap out of me whenever I forget that I have the speakers up a little loud OR as much as the many times my mom comes in my room without knocking and scares the s*it out of me

Written By: Howard on 08/15/06 at 5:10 pm

The Internet dating Services  ::)

Written By: Schillingfan on 08/15/06 at 7:31 pm

The Internet dating Services  ::)

those are pretty bad as it is

Smago.de has those f*cking stupid ads in the middle of their music news stories

Written By: HunkyDory on 08/15/06 at 8:53 pm

I HATE THAT ONE!! when I read this thread...that one instantly came to mind

Written By: Howard on 08/16/06 at 4:12 pm

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/rotundrory/firefax3.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/07 at 11:48 pm

There's one out there I've seen (and messed around with) where some woman starts talking, and she says to type things in her text box, and she will repeat them.  I was making her swear for the longest time ;D

There's another similar one where you ask her questions, and she answers.  Jokingly, I asked her something really dirty, and she said "You are a pervert" ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/25/07 at 6:19 am

How about one where a woman repeats that you have recieved 2 free Ipod nanos. ::)

Written By: Gis on 06/25/07 at 6:28 am

Hmm there's one that screams that I hate it always makes me jump and I hate the one with the great big freaking spider that runs up and down *shudder*.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/07 at 4:06 pm

Or the ad that tells you to punch or throw or hit that certain thing and you win a free IPod. ::)

Written By: Apricot on 06/25/07 at 4:53 pm

There's one out there I've seen (and messed around with) where some woman starts talking, and she says to type things in her text box, and she will repeat them.  I was making her swear for the longest time ;D

You mean you're allowed to do things other than make her swear?

My one friend spends hours at a time searching the internet for different versions of that thing, just to see which one swears the funniest.

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/07 at 5:02 pm

You mean you're allowed to do things other than make her swear?

My one friend spends hours at a time searching the internet for different versions of that thing, just to see which one swears the funniest.

You can make her say all kinds of crude things.  You can ask her to do crude things, but it can get quite tricky to get her to say the correct pronunciation ;D

Written By: Paul on 06/25/07 at 5:35 pm

There's another similar one where you ask her questions, and she answers.  Jokingly, I asked her something really dirty, and she said "You are a pervert" ;D ;D ;D

Nothing new there then, Jason!  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/07 at 9:45 pm

Nothing new there then, Jason!  ;)

;D

Written By: Howard on 06/26/07 at 6:52 am

How about The Zwinkys?

Written By: KKay on 06/27/07 at 10:06 pm

someone tell me....i don't know if it's local but...

there is an ad that reads "insurance rates drop in NY!!!!"  but it features a variety of girls dancing in an office, badly pretending to be surprised that they were caught dancing in the office.

bad. bad acting.  I liked the first girl best, but man....ugh.

now, when i'm talkinga bout it, i can't seem to find it to show you.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/07 at 2:54 pm

there is an ad that reads "insurance rates drop in NY!!!!"  but it features a variety of girls dancing in an office, badly pretending to be surprised that they were caught dancing in the office.

I know which ad you're talking about.I don't like it either.

Written By: statsqueen on 06/28/07 at 3:08 pm

Mine come up they've dropped in MI (I guess they know that's where I live)--there are several, they all annoy me.  ;D

Written By: Silversword55 on 06/28/07 at 3:43 pm

You msut be talknig abut the thing with the smileys

Written By: Henk on 06/28/07 at 5:28 pm

I always hate the ones that tell you you're the 999,999th visitor - when you quite obviously aren't. I mean, I saw the darn ad yesterday too, you $#!+#@4$..

Written By: spaceace on 06/28/07 at 5:33 pm

I always hate the ones that tell you you're the 999,999th visitor - when you quite obviously aren't. I mean, I saw the darn ad yesterday too, you $#!+#@4$..

I hate the ones that have the really annoying blinking multicolored theme. >:(

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/07 at 7:19 pm

I had a friend follow through on one of those.  She clicked the pop-up to claim her "free" prize, which turned out to be a discounted vacation, which she still had to pay for.  The free part was the discount, so she ended up with a trip that she really didn't want

Written By: Howard on 06/29/07 at 4:05 pm

http://www.ezprezzo.com/animations/fart_button.html

The Fart Button. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...