inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So what's your deal?

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/19/06 at 3:38 am

..kind of an expression i've been known to use lately..not sure where it comes from exactly but it means essentially what does your world look like as in married/single/kids/pets/hobbies/career/etc multiplied by a billion..maybe more simply put..who are you and what are you into ? :)

i'll kick it off by saying i'm a happily divorced outgoing kinda chick living in a fairly small city in canada with a high maintenance cat named olivia spaceboots,working in the hospitality/tourism industry,hitting the dancefloor to get my groove on as often as possible and doing freelance test-solving for Dell Crosswords as a fun gig now and theni'm very anal about spelling and grammar although it doesn't apply to me as i can only typewith one finger  :-

beyond that,i'm way into music of most kinds.I have a huge collection of vinyl..albums and 45s,mainly from back in the day and i'll never part with it.

i love nostalgia,shopping,run/walking,cooking/baking,hanging out with my amazing friendsand enjoying life in general..

i'm tempted to quote Davester right about now with 'go  ;)'

as in..what's your deal? :D

Subject: Re: So what's your deal?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/06 at 12:40 pm

My deal? How about 7 card stud, deuces wild?  ;) 

I am a VERY happily married woman. We have 2 cats. He has 4 kids/2 granddaughters. I live a very privileged life and I wouldn't change a thing.  ;D

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/19/06 at 12:46 pm

My deal...

I'm a happily married woman (17 years on August 26)...I have two small children, a girl 5 and a boy 2.  I am a stay-at-home mom, but as soon as my son goes to school I hope to go back to work.  I am about to start a 'Daisy Troop' since my daughter wants to be a Girl Scout...I'm crazy!  LOL!!  I have two dogs, a cat, a rabbit and assorted fish. 

That's about it.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/19/06 at 2:33 pm

Let's see....

I am a happily married woman and a "mother" to my 4 year old nephew, whom we have been raising for nearly 3 years now.  We have two awesome kitty cats and we recently (a little over a year ago) bought our first house and have anticapted doing some redecorating and renovating.  We live in a small rural town that has a little gazebo in the center of town, and has many activities all year round.  I am very close to my family, I am over my parent's nearly everyday (they live only about 10 minutes away).

I love vintage stuff...and I collect lots of things! I sell items on Ebay for a side business (while I am still home with Vaughn). When V starts kindergarten next year..I would like to go back to work and also finish school and get my degree (only 2 years to go). My dream is to someday open a vintage/retro shop and we really want to move down south someday, near the beach.

I LOVE the Ramones (I think everyone already knows that one), and I LOVE classic rock and basically all 70's music.  I enjoy going to baseball and hockey games in Pittsburgh, Pa.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/19/06 at 3:05 pm

I'm a single guy, been that way so far for my entire life. I know I've actually posted alot of my hobbies, so I'm being repetitive doing it again.

I'm into anime, music, song and parody writing, video games, guitar playing and collecting and saving catgirl/anime/video game fan art and images.

Really love Nirvana and The Vaselines, but also love a mix of bands from the 60's to now. I live in an apartment at the moment and will be looking for a new job soon(I can't afford to easily live on what I make at my current job at Marsh Supermarkets, my checking account won't hold out for much longer).

My favorite type of video games are role playing games, the Dragon Quest series in particular, so I'm an old school RPG'er.

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 3:32 pm

i'm married (2 years, 3 in October) with a child named Bode (yes,the dog).  We have a house near the beach and we like to ski, sail and swim...i cross country ski in the winter and we also have a snow mobile (i've never been on it- busy!).
I am a clerk and I play in a 70s cover act (guitar and vocal).  I have had tons of jobs.  I love to try new things and get bored easily.  I love to work in the garden and cook too.  I"m hoping to become very good in game cooking (i am related to hunters) this year and I want to try making ice cream too.
I am in lots of clubs and work with several organizations: Sons of Norway, Coast Guard Auxiliary, Ski for Light (winter activities for the blind), and others.

Don't bother calling me, i'm never home. :)

I love bowie, david byrne, peter gabriel, joe henry, and other thoughtful songwriters.
I like to follow NASA news and i'm an astronaut fan; I love the Weather Channel and sharks and foreign films.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 3:44 pm

What's my deal, wow, tough question, do we really know?

I'm a single guy, quite enjoy the whole bachelor deal but wouldn't mind meeting somebody if it was conducive to a better life.

I'm soon to be a small business owner, taking over the business my Father has run for the past 16 years and taking it in new exciting directions.

I'm about to reform the band I played in for several years but with a new name (Fetal Debris - For those of you who are interested) playing Thrash, Speed, Black & Death metal covers.

I'm waiting for my dog to be born  ;D if that makes no sense to you I will explain.
My friend owns a Labradoodle and has promised me a puppy from the first litter, apparently I should be looking at somewhere around late October early November so I'm looking forward to that.

I enjoy drinking heavily, playing soccer, travel and listening to my crappy nostalgic bootleg tapes.  ;D

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 3:46 pm

My deal...

I'm a happily married woman (17 years on August 26)...I have two small children, a girl 5 and a boy 2.  I am a stay-at-home mom, but as soon as my son goes to school I hope to go back to work.  I am about to start a 'Daisy Troop' since my daughter wants to be a Girl Scout...I'm crazy!  LOL!!  I have two dogs, a cat, a rabbit and assorted fish. 

That's about it.  :)

You make me want more pets!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/06 at 3:47 pm

i'm married (2 years, 3 in October) with a child named Bode (yes,the dog). 

When in October? We will also be celebrating our 3rd anniversary in October-the 18th.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 3:48 pm

When in October? We will also be celebrating our 3rd anniversary in October-the 18th.
Cat

october 9... :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/19/06 at 4:03 pm

My deal..

I'm a single 18 year old guy, and I live with my dad, grandmother, and uncle(temporary).  I'm over a year out of high school, because I graduated a year early.

I'm hoping to maybe work with my dad some soon, he's a contractor(residential re-paints).

I have long hair, so, I'm concentrating on growing that more.. I still can't tie it back which can be annoying.

I have a weenie dog, his name is Oscar.  In my free time(LOL!) I like to watch soccer and listen to music.  I'm also a news junkie.

One more thing about the hair, its dark and very thick and I usually part it in the middle and brush it straight down, and my older cousin insists this way I look just like Ozzy Osbourne.  He was telling me the other day that he and this guy he knows close to my age(who I've met a couple of times before) are thinking about forming a band, just strictly for jamming purposes.  The other guy plays guitar, my cousin plays drums, and they want me to learn the base.  So they're going to try to get me a base and amp, but I'm not holding out too much hope.  My cousin plans a lot of things but they don't happen, lol.

Not much else to say really. Oh yeah, the school thing. I'm currently not in school. I took last semester off, and I'm not going this fall because I wasn't able to work out money issues.  Right now I'm planning on moving up to Dallas next summer after my best friend graduates from high school, and we're gonna room up and go to school together.  We both want to be chefs.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 5:07 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/19/06 at 5:42 pm

You may want to play the Bass instead of the base  ;)

Err, yeah. ;D

Written By: CeeKay on 08/19/06 at 5:49 pm

I'm a 46 (for one more week) year old divorced lady with three children (ages 12, 14, 16) and two little dogs (Jetta and Reina).  I work in piano sales for now but I've had many jobs, most in the fields of education and education policy.

I'm a soccer mom.  Keeping track of my kids takes up most of the time when I'm not in work.  I'm active in my church and I play the piano alot.  I love to write.  My house is usually very messy.  I also like to play pool, go on hikes, go the movies and have dinner and gab with my girlfriends.  And wine...I've developed a love for red wine.  And I do the hippy poet thing a couple of times a month.

That's all I can think of right now.  I'm fairly changeable.  So ask me again in a month and the story might be a little different.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/19/06 at 6:08 pm

I'm a happily married anti-soccer mom. lol - I am an elementary teacher.

I love life and try to live it the best way I can.

That's about it.

Written By: Tia on 08/19/06 at 6:54 pm

i'm single. hey, where can i go around here to meet some chicks?

i'm from outer spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.

i was in a three-year live-in relationship once. no pets, no kids. lots of projects. play guitar, start gigging next month. i have to go job hunting. things are sorta tough right now, but they've been tougher.

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/19/06 at 7:03 pm

You make me want more pets!

If it were up to my daughter we would also have...another dog, a hamster, more fish, a turtle...and living in our backyard a cow and a horse.  Thankfully she's not allowed to make the decisions around here.  LOL!!

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/19/06 at 7:10 pm

thanks to everyone who has participated so far..so cool to find out more about you guys  8)

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 7:50 pm

Notice...

All the women here are or have at one point been married.

All the guys are losers without regular jobs and girlfriends.  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/19/06 at 8:10 pm

Notice...

;D ;D Its true.. except for Mike, he's married n stuff.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 8:17 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: ADH13 on 08/19/06 at 10:06 pm

What's my deal, wow, tough question, do we really know?

I'm a single guy, quite enjoy the whole bachelor deal but wouldn't mind meeting somebody if it was conducive to a better life.

Hey, I wish you the best in finding a lady who won't mind your sudden "Oh by the way, I'm moving to Antarctica... the plane leaves on Monday" episodes :)

as for me...  I've been married 7 years, no kids, 2 dogs... i love nostalgic stuff, reminiscing with old friends, and i pretty much live for today, cause who knows if there'll be a tomorrow...  i can be a smart ass at times, and im pretty straightforward most of the time.. i don't sugarcoat things... im not the best person to ask "does this dress make me look fat?"...i work in the real estate industry, and i also research and prepare reports for people who want to know the history of their old houses and who lived there back in the 1800's... sometimes i get requests from people who think their houses are haunted and they want to know if anyone ever died in the house... so i do that on the side.. i like shooting darts, swimming, and writing... the next thing on my list of things to try is parasailing.

i guess that's about it...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/19/06 at 10:29 pm

My autobiography about sums it up, so I'll just copy/paste it if no one wants to actually click on the word "bio" underneath my avatar:

Let's see................I was born in Chicago, Illinois and lived there for 19 years before my family picked up and moved down to Alpharetta, GA.....where I currently reside. I graduated from Georgia State University with a BBA in Marketing in December of last year, and I am currently one of the many who are looking for advertising work, but can't seem to find any. I am the oldest of 2 girls, my younger sister being 18 and a freshman in college. I am a HUGE New York Yankees fan and have been for well over a decade now, and a huge Detroit Red Wings fan (NHL), even though I grew up in Blackhawks country. I am a Democrat, pro-choice, pro-death penalty, and was a lacto-ovo vegetarian, but I went back to eating meat recently. I live mostly on the classic rock stations here in Atlanta, although sometimes I venture over to the pop hits channel when I get sick of hearing the same sucky Styx song over and over again (they can go Sail Away off a cliff!). My favorite bands/artists are Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Weezer, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Jeff Buckley and Elton John. There's more, but I couldn't list them all.

I can't think of anything else any of you would need to know.

Written By: whistledog on 08/19/06 at 10:41 pm

I am a single 28 year old part-time Office worker from Ontario Canada who is obsessed over 80s music.  Just how obsessed?  I have around 5,000 cassette tapes (all 80s), and over 5,000 mp3's of 80s hits.  I also have a K-tel (and similar vinyl compilations) obsession and I still collect 45's

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/19/06 at 10:45 pm

I am a single 28 year old part-time Office worker from Ontario Canada who is obsessed over 80s music.  Just how obsessed?  I have around 5,000 cassette tapes (all 80s), and over 5,000 mp3's of 80s hits.  I also have a K-tel (and similar vinyl compilations) obsession and I still collect 45's

and make no wonder why we're friends  8) ;D ;)

Written By: Buckinghammm on 08/19/06 at 11:08 pm

Myyyyyyyyyyy deal.

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun. XD

I'm a 16 year old guy living in a small town in Pennsylvania. I'm an extremely hardcore band geek, a percussionist first and foremost, currently quad captain of our high school. In addition to playing music, acting is a passion I've had for a long time. I aspire to one day become an actor, but I'm also considering options for joining DCI's (Drum Corps International, a sort of uber-1337 band organization) Concord Blue Devils.

Video games. XD I don't think I have to tell many people in here that I'm a very avid gamer. I've been playing video games since I was 2 years old, but currently my main goal is to beat the entire Mega Man X series (X, X2, almost X3 , X5, and X7 down, 4, 6, and 8 to go!). I am infamous for playing Ragnarok Online, which I play on a private server, qRO. I've established a... good bit of respect from the Dance Dance Revolution community in my town, even though I don't find myself to be that great of a player.

I hate the sun, and I'm up until 6 a.m. (which is waaaay past 2 a.m....  ;D) most nights, until recently, when I've been getting pathetically tired really early. I listen to just about every kind of music there is, with of course a few exceptions, and a few exceptions within those exceptions (whether those exceptions have exceptions has yet to be told  ;)). I have self-esteem issues. I don't post here much.  :)

One final deal I have: By the blessing from some being beyond my comprehension, I've been graced with the greatest gift given to anyone who is, ever has been, or ever will be in existance. I can only hope that I can prove myself worthy of such a gift.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/19/06 at 11:14 pm

One final deal I have: By the blessing from some being beyond my comprehension, I've been graced with the greatest gift given to anyone who is, ever has been, or ever will be in existance. I can only hope that I can prove myself worthy of such a gift.

You have the world's biggest penis?

Written By: Buckinghammm on 08/19/06 at 11:20 pm

You have the world's biggest penis?

Damn, I forgot that.

I have the world's biggest penis. I also play the bass. I think there's a sort of connection.

Written By: Jessica on 08/19/06 at 11:46 pm

26, married to some random guy I met on here, have one child who is 18 months old. Recently moved from California to the ever boring and uninteresting state of Indiana. The only thing cool about moving was the fact that I visited 8 states in 5 days. Sweet.

I love my demon child and freaky husband. I also love music (mostly 80's), books (historical fiction), and cooking (chicken enchiladas are my signature dish). I'm pretty straightforward and bitchy online, but in person I can be quiet and shy, unless I know you really well or I'm drunk.

And yes, drinking is a hobby of mine. Unfortunately, I can't do it that much anymore. My liver is cheering.

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/20/06 at 12:32 am

Mid-30's, divorced, currently have my girlfriend and her kid living with me.  I work for a mutual fund company.  I've also been DJing for the past 20 years; I've spun at various nightclubs in AZ, GA & NC.  Currently have my own 80's music dance mixshow on Renegade Retro on Friday nights.  I have over 2,000 pieces of vinyl, thousands of CDs and I currently make my own remixes on my PC to use on my show.  Oh, and I like margaritas...a lot.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/21/06 at 12:17 am

..kind of an expression i've been known to use lately..not sure where it comes from exactly but it means essentially what does your world look like as in married/single/kids/pets/hobbies/career/etc multiplied by a billion..maybe more simply put..who are you and what are you into ? :)

Well, a *bit* about myself: I just turned 31, and on the 30th of August I will celebrate my third wedding anniversary with my wife, Nicole. We currently have 0.0 children, though I still get an A for effort.  ;) We have one pet, a 90% Maine Coon cat named "Chris", who is exceedingly lazy, and likes to sleep on my head. On occasion, I use him as a pillow, but since he hasn't been declawed those occasions sometimes end with facial lacerations.

My main hobby right now is writing parodies. I also edit for AmIRight and head up a few contests on another section of this board. When I'm not doing that, I enjoy watching comedy routines. And MUSIC! I love music, and even though my collection isn't too large (perhaps 200 CDs, 40 albums, and 600 MP3s), it spans over 40 years and nearly every genre. Grunge/alternative, heavy metal, and classic rock are my favorites though.

When I'm bored, I tend to visit the arcade here. Apparently, I am often bored.

My career. Well, I'm employed full time+ at a large hotel working in maintenance. I have worked mostly in service jobs since I was 14, and I don't see that changing any time soon. I have worked everywhere from McDonalds to operating wastewater plants, the latter of which is where my main training lies. Since I already know a bit about plumbing/electrical and HVAC (mainly, how not to get electrocuted or cause a fire or flood), I plan on getting certified in one of those fields in the next few years. Not only is it good money, and plenty of work, but I don't have to worry about a damned robot or automation taking my job.

I currently live in southern Virginia, and have so for most of my life, though I did spend a few years in Florida and New York. If you ever visit this part of the country, know that the weather forecasts have a 90% chance of being wrong. Humidity rarely drops below 70% throughout the year, which explains this giant mold colony growing on my ceiling. Okay, so I'm joking about the mold, but the weather here, combined with the tourists, can, at times, make this a seriously sucky place to be. Not to mention that 7-11 is about the only thing open past 11pm: not good if you work evening shifts.

As far as what I'm into, simply put: Anything between two consenting adults that doesn't involve death, permanent injury, children under the age of 18, farm animals, mimes, or some kitchen appliances, is okay in my book. That might sound really wild, but most of the time, when I'm not doing something with music, we just play Scrabble or Cribbage.  ;)

I enjoy debating. Some have even said I'm a Master Debator, but unless they looked through my bedroom window, I doubt they know that for sure. I love puns, word play, paradoxes, science, math, and so on.

Occasionally, my free-spirited nature gets me into a wee bit of trouble. But hey, everyone has a 100k lawsuit filed against them once in their life, don't they? If not, disregard this paragraph.

I have a blatant disregard for proper grammar, though I am trying to better myself there. I still manage to butcher a'post'ro'p'hees and m,ur,der, comma,s, and, occasionally, do other things which would earn me a F in 8th grade English. My handwriting is downright horrible, but the bank still accepts my deposits, so I guess it's good enough.

And, if anyone actually reads all of that ^, they'd still only know the tip of the iceberg.

Written By: KKay on 08/21/06 at 10:58 am

by the way, in the Black and White and Read all Over board, there is a thread called member bios.
you can read more in detail aobut lots of members there.
i forgot all about it!

Written By: bj26 on 08/21/06 at 11:28 am

Hi everyone, I'm Paddy from Lexington, KY!
I wanna be the ruler of the galaxy, the king of the universe and the president of Moscow;

I like  exploring the cave of the unknown - Wanna be the nicest guy on earth;

I'm a Pisces, and I love computers and hot tamales and I like To find the essence from within Wanna be the captain of the Enterprise - Wanna be the king of the Zulus Let's meet and have a baby now!

( lyrics from a B52s song :))

Written By: Step-chan on 08/21/06 at 4:56 pm

Notice...

That does it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Summons Nirvana cross-dresser posse!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/Nirvana/Nirvanadressedup.jpg

Now they will take you into a tent and make you dress up in a cheerleader outfit and wear make-up, oh wait.... you might enjoy that too much....

:D :D :D :D :D

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 5:12 pm

That does it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Summons Nirvana cross-dresser posse!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Step-chan/Nirvana/Nirvanadressedup.jpg

Now they will take you into a tent and make you dress up in a cheerleader outfit and wear make-up, oh wait.... you might enjoy that too much....

:D :D :D :D :D

Yes, yes I would enjoy it.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/21/06 at 5:13 pm

Yes, yes I would enjoy it.

:D ;D :D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...