inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: On my perfect day...

Written By: La Roche on 08/20/06 at 11:23 am

FINALLY!! I had an idea for a topic.

OK, I was thinking to myself, what would I do on my perfect day.

Here's my first shot at it:

I'd wake up nice and early, some time around 7 after a good 8 hours of sleep, feeling refreshed and ready to face the day, not too groggy.
Somebody would have bought me breakfast in bed, bacon, eggs, sausages, beans, toast and a stack of pancakes with hot maple syrup drizzled all over them.

I'd get up and take a relaxing hot shower, loosen up all my muscles and joints for the action packed day ahead of me.

First port of call would probably have to be the beach, soak up some sun and swim in the sea for a few hours, work off breakfast and get my body going.

By now it would be getting on for 11 o'clock, I'd grab a quick bite to eat, maybe a club sandwhich and then be on my way to play some football. Of course, my dogs would come with me and be participating members of the team.  ;D

Football would go on for a few hours and then back to the house for another quick shower, to wash off the sweat and dirt from playing, before a quick drink.. then it would be time to cheer on the lads as the mighty Leicester City would take on the Nottingham Forest scum, a resounding 3-0 win would already have made it the perfect day, but we're not done yet.

By now it's 5:30 and time to go back to the house and play with the dogs.

At 7:00 dinner would be served, Sausage & Sauerkraut, with plenty of mustard, a great meal.

Then it would be off out, bar hopping all night, hit the karaoke and wind up back home with friends. Get the instruments out and have a sing song all night until the sun crawls up, then it's off to bed, the perfect end to a perfect day.

What would be your perfect day?

Subject: Re: On my perfect day...

Written By: Paul on 08/20/06 at 12:49 pm

Well, let's see...

Feed animals in the zoo...

Later, a movie too...

...and then home...

(Surely no-one was expecting this answer!  ::))

Altogether now...

(croons)...Oh it's such a perfect day...

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/06 at 1:21 pm

I would opt for Drinking Sangria in the park...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/20/06 at 1:34 pm

...my kids behave!

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/20/06 at 5:33 pm

... I awaken permanently to my true self ...

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/06 at 1:26 pm

...firstly, I have to be off work for the day.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/21/06 at 4:18 pm

... I'd visit Beth. Get there nice and early. Five o' clock in the AM should do it! I'd make her get out of bed... We'd go to Shippensburg and meet all the people we know! We'd go to Pittsburgh and... do things (After picking up Nat in Irwen, of course... We could bring Justin and Andrew along or something.)!We'd go to her house and play video games and then stay up all night talking about nothing and everything... AT THE SAME TIME! =o. Psht, yeah right, as if that'll ever happen. :(

Written By: KKay on 08/21/06 at 4:39 pm

I'd wake up on a plane slightly hungover from the big party that was held after the big benefit in London.  Although the Bill Blass I wore showed a little too much leg, I thought my performance with Placido Domingo, Bowie, and Bjork went really well.  Even though people think it's really cheezy, they were more than happy to sign my mom's autograph book.  It's here now, in my big tote bag full of stuff: cds, a script from David Lynch, a bag of cool ranch doritos (that i really should not have) and a box of Liv-a-Snacks for Bode for when she's loaded off the plane.
After a long swim at home, I will watch Legend Of Hell House on my new big TV ....the sound is great! and then go for a run on the beach.
I'ts good to be back home in NY, but I have to pack for my three day trip to LA.  I've never been to the Oscars, but I'm sure it will be fun.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/21/06 at 4:55 pm

... I'd visit Beth. Get there nice and early. Five o' clock in the AM should do it! I'd make her get out of bed... We'd go to Shippensburg and meet all the people we know! We'd go to Pittsburgh and... do things (After picking up Nat in Irwen, of course... We could bring Justin and Andrew along or something.)!We'd go to her house and play video games and then stay up all night talking about nothing and everything... AT THE SAME TIME! =o. Psht, yeah right, as if that'll ever happen. :(

Don't forget IHOP! And driving aimlessly, listening to mixed tapes!!1

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/21/06 at 7:10 pm

Don't forget IHOP! And driving aimlessly, listening to mixed tapes!!1

=o Oh yes! That, too... Could we fit that in a day? Let's call it two days and pretend it's one.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/21/06 at 7:11 pm

I'd wake up on a plane slightly hungover from the big party that was held after the big benefit in London.   Although the Bill Blass I wore showed a little too much leg, I thought my performance with Placido Domingo, Bowie, and Bjork went really well.   Even though people think it's really cheezy, they were more than happy to sign my mom's autograph book.  It's here now, in my big tote bag full of stuff: cds, a script from David Lynch, a bag of cool ranch doritos (that i really should not have) and a box of Liv-a-Snacks for Bode for when she's loaded off the plane.
After a long swim at home, I will watch Legend Of Hell House on my new big TV ....the sound is great! and then go for a run on the beach.
I'ts good to be back home in NY, but I have to pack for my three day trip to LA.  I've never been to the Oscars, but I'm sure it will be fun.

XD Bowie and Bjork together? I dunno....

Written By: KKay on 08/21/06 at 7:31 pm

XD Bowie and Bjork together? I dunno....

it was Placido's idea. not mine.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/21/06 at 7:31 pm

On my perfect day, I'd get up about 7:00 am, and have a breakfast of goldenrod eggs, maple flavored bacon, apple & banana crepes, and sausage-stuffed baked apples with ice cold milk and cajun coffee to drink.

I'd then get a good workout, shower, and leave the house by about 9:30 am. I'd go to Best Buy and browse around for about an hour, and buy a couple of good DVDs. From there I'd head to a good music store, and pick up a few CDs.  Then I'd go to Starbucks and get a Caramel Macchiato. From there'd I'd go see a movie, but not too long of one.  I wouldn't eat popcorn so I'd have an empty stomache, and I'd go by a local taqueria on the way home and get a super quesadilla, and take it home.  I'd spark up there, eat, and then head over to a friend's house to hang out for the night, watch TV, talk, listen to tunes, get blazed and then head out about 9, get some Chinese take-out, and park somewhere to eat. Then cruise around until after midnight listening to music.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/21/06 at 8:40 pm

Good idea for a thread Davey & I got no time now, but I'm on it later, and I can't believe there has been no mention of  *Loving, Touching, Squeezin'*  included in perfect days.
c'mon now.  8)

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 8:41 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/21/06 at 8:42 pm

This is what I would call 'Saturday'  :) Sweet plan dude.

You think I played with the dogs for a whole hour and a half?! HA!

;D  you fool!  LMAO ;D  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/06 at 12:26 am

a non-crowded bus.
A bus would turn up at the bus stop.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/22/06 at 8:41 am

Good idea for a thread Davey & I got no time now, but I'm on it later, and I can't believe there has been no mention of  *Loving, Touching, Squeezin'*  included in perfect days.
c'mon now.  8)

I was going to say the same thing.  I haven't had time to write mine either but....geez, how do you think I wanna start my day??

Written By: La Roche on 08/22/06 at 8:43 am

I was going to say the same thing.  I haven't had time to write mine either but....geez, how do you think I wanna start my day??

I'd say... but next time you go to church I'd probably get struck by a lightning bolt.

Written By: KKay on 08/22/06 at 8:45 am

c'mon now.  8)

I don't share my personal life.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/22/06 at 10:32 am

I don't share my personal life.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif

Admit it, you're begging people to ask very personal questions about your life... ;) :D

Written By: KKay on 08/22/06 at 10:34 am

Admit it, you're begging people to ask very personal questions about your life... ;) :D

always. i want to be interviewed constantly.
i have always been upfront about my self-centeredness.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/22/06 at 10:35 am

always. i want to be interviewed constantly.
i have always been upfront about my self-centeredness.

Same here, actually...

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/22/06 at 10:38 am

Same here, actually...

Well, if we were stars, you'd be the Sun, and I'd be a Red Giant...

Written By: KKay on 08/22/06 at 10:39 am

Same here, actually...

if you admit it, i cant annoy people
;D

Written By: Howard on 08/22/06 at 5:58 pm

An empty bus?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/06 at 1:14 am

An empty bus?

Any bus to turn up at a bus stop.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/23/06 at 2:10 am

hell yeah CeeKay!  that's the right attitude.  karma point to you

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/23/06 at 8:54 am

I would get up around 9 am and have some yummy pancakes for breakfast. Then I would head out and do some major thrift/antique shopping. Later, I would go to the beach (if I lived near one) and hang out in the sun for about 2 hours.  Then I would go to my favorite restuarant (Sho-Gun....a Japanese hibachi steak & seafood house) for dinner and perhaps catch a Pirate's game at night.  Then...go out for coffee and conversation afterwards.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/23/06 at 9:53 am

I would wake up early (in my house that overlooks the ocean).  I would definitely not wake up alone...but a certain man I love would be there right beside me.  So....we would wake up early and have long slow morning together.  Then he would go to the kitchen and make us breakfast, which he would bring back to bed, and we would eat breakfast and watch a movie.  At about 11:00 we'd get up and shower and head for the water where we'd take our boat out for some fishing.  A late lunch in the little cafe down the road.  Some time hanging out with the kids playing games and doing puzzles, whatever.  An outdoor concert in the evening and then....back to bed.  ;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/25/06 at 9:58 pm

You think I played with the dogs for a whole hour and a half?! HA!

...is that what they call it now? 

(Hey, he sets 'em up, I just knock 'em down.)

My perfect day begins with 200 miles of open road between me half a dozen wineries connected by another hundred miles of lazy winding back roads. The wine's so dang good I almost feel guilty about using the spitoon, but 100 miles of back roads and 200 miles to get back home doesn't give me the luxury of drinking.  It feels as if the car's handling is improving as the day goes on -- the weight of six cases of wine over the rear wheels will do that.  By the time I get home, my tastebuds are so burned out, and my wallet so depeleted, that it's a relief to discover that leftover pizza and a couple of pints of my favorite local microbrew can be every bit as good at a tenth of the price.  The leg of lamb in the fridge can wait until tomorrow.  It'll take half the day to cook anyways.

Written By: La Roche on 08/26/06 at 9:47 am

...is that what they call it now? 

(Hey, he sets 'em up, I just knock 'em down.)

My perfect day begins with 200 miles of open road between me half a dozen wineries connected by another hundred miles of lazy winding back roads. The wine's so dang good I almost feel guilty about using the spitoon, but 100 miles of back roads and 200 miles to get back home doesn't give me the luxury of drinking.  It feels as if the car's handling is improving as the day goes on -- the weight of six cases of wine over the rear wheels will do that.  By the time I get home, my tastebuds are so burned out, and my wallet so depeleted, that it's a relief to discover that leftover pizza and a couple of pints of my favorite local microbrew can be every bit as good at a tenth of the price.  The leg of lamb in the fridge can wait until tomorrow.  It'll take half the day to cook anyways.

I'm totally stealing this idea, what a great day.

Check for new replies or respond here...