inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dumbest thing you ever did in a relationship

Written By: JP on 08/23/06 at 4:41 pm

Dumbest thing I ever did was let myself be run by my emotions when things started improving.  Instead of letting something go as a coincidence and believing what she told me I pushed and pushed and then accused her of things, and then her family was brought in, by me, which resulted in ending any sort of contact that was ever possible.  You see, I was cleaning a virus off my computer, and while doing so my cookies showed a login for someone that I didn't know, I looked at it and it was some guy.  This got me all paranoid becuase I always travelled for work.  So I followed some links that led me here, and well, being in a foul mood, I read into things more than I ever should have, thought my soon to be ex wife was someone on here, made accusations, asked her mother about it, resulting in well.. badness.  So after being completely torn the biggest asshole in the universe, I was told never to make contact again. Well, hindsight is a funny thing, and now, well... I feel like the biggest stinkiest asshole in the world.  Last night I became that guy that no one likes and I have never been full of so much regret.  Problem is there is no way to ever convery that to her and it sucks.

Whats your most horrible relationship story?

-JP

Subject: Re: Dumbest thing you ever did in a relationship

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/23/06 at 8:18 pm

Dumbest thing I ever did was let myself be run by my emotions when things started improving.  Instead of letting something go as a coincidence and believing what she told me I pushed and pushed and then accused her of things, and then her family was brought in, by me, which resulted in ending any sort of contact that was ever possible.  You see, I was cleaning a virus off my computer, and while doing so my cookies showed a login for someone that I didn't know, I looked at it and it was some guy.  This got me all paranoid becuase I always travelled for work.  So I followed some links that led me here, and well, being in a foul mood, I read into things more than I ever should have, thought my soon to be ex wife was someone on here, made accusations, asked her mother about it, resulting in well.. badness.  So after being completely torn the biggest Ashcroft in the universe, I was told never to make contact again. Well, hindsight is a funny thing, and now, well... I feel like the biggest stinkiest Ashcroft in the world.  Last night I became that guy that no one likes and I have never been full of so much regret.  Problem is there is no way to ever convery that to her and it sucks.

Whats your most horrible relationship story?

-JP
i don't think it's that dumb, and i can see how it would be suspicious to see someone's login. You're  a typical guy, and you eff'd up like we do sometimes. It sounds like it ended up bad and while i don't know you, I sympathize with your plight. Hopefully something good can come out of all this mess.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/25/06 at 9:45 pm

The dumbest thing any man or woman can do in a relationship...

...is get into one in the first place!

"A strange game.  The only winning move is not to play."
- WOPR, War Games

Written By: CeeKay on 08/25/06 at 11:52 pm

No specific stories but my dumbest thing was to do things I really didn't want to do in order to avoid a fight.  NO MORE! 8)

Written By: Southern Image on 08/28/06 at 10:23 am

Let him back into the car.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/06 at 3:26 pm

walk away for a moment and later having the girl yell at me. ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...