inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: sh!t! head banned .. the censors are in town

Written By: Yesterdayshero on 09/13/06 at 12:20 pm

Subject: Re: sh!t! head banned .. the censors are in town

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/13/06 at 12:37 pm

What happened?  Who's this now?

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/13/06 at 12:40 pm

I have no idea whats going on.

Written By: nally on 09/13/06 at 12:40 pm

Who was this? Another sicko?

Also, did this happen last night? I must've been away from the 'puter at the time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/06 at 12:50 pm

Like a few have already said, what is this about? 

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/13/06 at 12:50 pm

I rarely take anything seriously :D  But this is a private forum, and what the administrators say, goes...so I'm not sure that the person in question has any way of changing the minds of the powers-that-be.

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/13/06 at 12:52 pm

Well, I haven't had the chance to read the thread you (i.e. "But Seriously") are talking about, but I will reply nevertheless.

I think it is safe to assume that there have been enough people offended by the thread to have it reported. Once it's reported, it gets removed - no questions asked. The owner of this site is way too busy to investigate matters.

As to why this member was banned, I have no clue, but I do know that Chucky G is not in the habit of giving explanations, because people usually know bloody well what they've done to deserve such harsh treatment. Perhaps this member was a former member that had already been banned, and was now trying to sneak in again - I don't know, just a guess.

Written By: CeeKay on 09/13/06 at 12:54 pm

Does he have ANY support from this forum? Did anyone find it amusing? (well maybe it was gone before too many people got a look?)  How many of you think this was an 'offence' to warrant banning (given these other threads)? Just watch very carefully what you say here. You might be next ! ...

:-X

I saw it and thought it was a step beyond anything else on those other threads.  Personally, I found it crude and not at all funny.  So I chose to ignore it.  Perhaps something additional happened that we don't know about.  Generally, I think the owners of this forum allow us alot of latitude in our conversations.  I don't think they delete people just for fun.  We may never know.

Written By: Southern Image on 09/13/06 at 12:56 pm

Geez I miss everything :-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/13/06 at 1:02 pm

I saw it and thought it was a step beyond anything else on those other threads.  Personally, I found it crude and not at all funny.  So I chose to ignore it.  Perhaps something additional happened that we don't know about.  Generally, I think the owners of this forum allow us alot of latitude in our conversations.  I don't think they delete people just for fun.  We may never know.

^ Well, I don't know her personally, but if Cee here says the thread was crude and unfunny, then it has to be pretty #*($ed up.  *shrug*

Sorry your friend got banned, but unfortunately, we can't do anything about it.  Once someone is banned from this board, they never return.  Chucky is pretty adamant about bannage.

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/13/06 at 1:04 pm

Henk I just read your message. I know for a fact that this person has NEVER/EVER  been banned anywhere before till that thread. I know him quite well, and am confident he's telling me the truth. I'm sure he is shaking his head in disbelief. That's all I can say ...

::) :o :-\\ :\'(

Then we'll have to wait for Chucky to enlighten us (if he's willing).

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/13/06 at 1:06 pm

^ Well, I don't know her personally, but if Cee here says the thread was crude and unfunny, then it has to be pretty #*($ed up.  *shrug*

Sorry your friend got banned, but unfortunately, we can't do anything about it.  Once someone is banned from this board, they never return.  Chucky is pretty adamant about bannage.

Actually, Howard came back from a ban.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/13/06 at 1:06 pm

somebody registered, maybe last night, I'm not sure when but it was under the name  'Sh!t! Head  and started a thread which I can't remember exactly, but the title was something like, "Do you look at the toilet paper after you've wiped your ass"? or something similar. Granted it was pretty lame but not sure if that's all the individual did to get banned or what. I posted a pic of Batman & Robin that said "Holy Retarded Thread Batman"  and also posted a pic of a smiley flushing himself down the toilet. That was my interaction. In my opinion, the thread itself doesn't warrant banning in my opinion, but then I'm not the webmaster, I don't know any more details.
But Seriously, since you seem to be connected with and in contact with 'Sh!t! Head, you should be his liason to ChuckyG the owner of the site and ask him and maybe he can tell you why your friend was banned and then you can relay it to sh!tHead and to us.  & who is or are the 'powers that be' just love to flex a bit of muscle that you speak of? and your statement "It seems a shame that some people just love to be SO  'correct' / to be 'wet blankets' ... maybe so,  but before you blame anyone, get some facts and share them. I don't like to see anyone get banned unless they get threatening or excessivley vulgar, even then I'm not sure what excessively is to everyone. too bad about your friend. I didn't consider the thread alone as a reason to be banned.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/13/06 at 1:09 pm

somebody registered, maybe last night, I'm not sure when but it was under the name  'Sh!t! Head  and started a thread which I can't remember exactly, but the title was something like, "Do you look at the toilet paper after you've wiped your ass"? or something similar. Granted it was pretty lame but not sure if that's all the individual did to get banned or what. I posted a pic of Batman & Robin that said "Holy Retarded Thread Batman"  and also posted a pic of a smiley flushing himself down the toilet. That was my interaction. In my opinion, the thread itself doesn't warrant banning in my opinion, but then I'm not the webmaster, I don't know any more details.
But Seriously, since you seem to be connected with and in contact with 'Sh!t! Head, you should be his liason to ChuckyG the owner of the site and ask him and maybe he can tell you why your friend was banned and then you can relay it to sh!tHead and to us.  & who is or are the 'powers that be' just love to flex a bit of muscle that you speak of? and your statement "It seems a shame that some people just love to be SO  'correct' / to be 'wet blankets' ... maybe so,  but before you blame anyone, get some facts and share them. I don't like to see anyone get banned unless they get threatening or excessivley vulgar, even then I'm not sure what excessively is to everyone. too bad about your friend. I didn't consider the thread alone as a reason to be banned.

Ohhhh okay I saw that thread too, and yeah, it does seem harsh to ban the guy over that alone. I mean, Chuck usually gives most people a warning to stop what they're doing first, unless its particularly bad.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/13/06 at 1:17 pm

If that was the individuals first ever thread here, then that could be a record for quickest ban. wow  :o
I can't remember exactly all the opening thread said, but i gotta crap & i gotta pee are  gnarly enough, this one asked for too much personal detailed info  :o  yuck

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/06 at 1:25 pm

let's see... a new member who picks an obscene name and posts obsence topics, and there are actually people wondering why I banned him/she/it?

let them go post elsewhere if that's all they could think of doing when they signed up

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/06 at 1:42 pm

Yes, and I've just seen 'ChuckyG's' response whilst trying to post. As I said, let's have some consistency here, and watch what you say guys ... don't think TOO freely whilst typing.. you might be next. If you don't hear from me again, consider me banned too.

So some newbie with an obscene name talking about obscene things gets banned, and now you, some other newbie whom we don't know is all upset about it?  If we don't hear from you again, maybe we should consider ourselves lucky?

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/13/06 at 1:54 pm

Did Chucky give him a warning?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/13/06 at 1:54 pm

But Seriously...

Initials- B.S.?

It strikes me as a bit of a coincidence....
But no matter.

I've seen "Mr. Head's" posting thread, and I concur with majority.
Crude, vulgar, and unnecessary.

Speaking of Heads, anyone seen my mate M@ch!ne He@d, lately?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/06 at 1:55 pm

Did Chucky give him a warning?

no.

the first line of the user agreement everyone sees when they sign up for a new account:

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

If he didn't even read the first line of the system agreement, what's the point?

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/13/06 at 1:57 pm

no.

the first line of the user agreement everyone sees when they sign up for a new account:

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

If he didn't even read the first line of the system agreement, what's the point?

:o

We post stuff that violates that ALL THE TIME.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/13/06 at 1:57 pm

Well, Badfinger Fan. You sure come across as a decent, level-headed, fair-minded guy, so thanks for your input. No question, my friend has a 'bizarre' sense of humour, but I know he's harmless, and just tries to be amusing in his strange way.  To repeat, given those other threads, it seems he's been harshly dealt with, with no prior offences, and having no idea that his thread would have the resulting consequences. I doubt he'd want to return anyway, after this. Yet I do think there should be some sort of warning issued, give someone another chance rather than just throw them out like that!

Anyway, your response, and 'The Dude's (following post)' are kind of interesting barometers of acceptable taste in the sense that there's obviously some of us (generally guys) who are a lot more tolerant about crude humour than others. Still, that's just my opinion.... and as we know, opinions are like ****holes ... you can't please everyone, that's for sure!

P.S. I hope you, Badfinger,  don't get banned too, 'cause you're repeating of the title is pretty much spot on, and that was more or less what it was about. I think there has to be some level of consistency here, so if they're going to delete/ban that, maybe they should take a good hard look at those other threads too.

Yes, and I've just seen 'ChuckyG's' response whilst trying to post. As I said, let's have some consistency here, and watch what you say guys ... don't think TOO freely whilst typing.. you might be next. If you don't hear from me again, consider me banned too.
my repeating of the thread is for the benifit (if any) and in the context of information to those asking, not trying to open a thread like that, so I don't think the judgement against your friend would be the same for me as I'm trying to assist other members to understand what happened last night. A lot of us have established a good ongoing rapport with one another and can engage at many levels, poop, sexual innuendos, etc... but when someone new comes on and the first thing they bring is junk, well then, it's difficult because nobody knows them, they haven't introduced themselves, they haven't given anyone a chance to get to know them, other than the crude nasty topic. i think people should get to know one another before they discuss the most personal of bodily functions  ;D Now even you, maybe you'd rather not let people know much about you, male or female, and you want some anonymity, thats fine, but it's makes it a little less easy to engage.

Written By: Southern Image on 09/13/06 at 1:59 pm

Yeah, but it wasn't your very first post. Those came later down the line.

I can understand Chuckys views on this. To sign up with a disgusting name , and make disgusting threads as your first post translates as a FLAMER on other message boards, and they ban as well

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/13/06 at 2:00 pm

Not necessarily...

Pushing the envelope doesn't mean that we're charbroiling it to Hades!

Threads like "I Gotta Pee", etc. I generally don't read, unless out of curiosity.
If I DO post on them, it's no more than once or twice.

I guess I just have odd tastes, or something...

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/06 at 2:03 pm

yeah, but it's not usually the only thing people post, and stuff that violates those guidelines aren't topics.  The site is to some extent self-policing.  If it gets reported, it gets checked and removed if needed.  Several people reported that topic within minutes of it getting started. 

and yes, it looks like the "friend" and the banned individual are probably the same person.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/06 at 2:07 pm

He did?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/06 at 2:09 pm

He did?

Yeah, ancient history, but he's been the only person I've allowed back after a ban.  The only reason he was banned in the first place, was because a different member was encouraging him to post inappropriate material  (said member got banned before Howard was allowed back).

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/13/06 at 2:11 pm

Well, I for one think we should thank our illustrious benefactor, Chuck, for keeping this a fairly family-oriented show!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/13/06 at 2:11 pm

yeah, but it's not usually the only thing people post, and stuff that violates those guidelines aren't topics.  The site is to some extent self-policing.  If it gets reported, it gets checked and removed if needed.  Several people reported that topic within minutes of it getting started. 

and yes, it looks like the "friend" and the banned individual are probably the same person.

as for the deleted thread; it was too much, too soon, to be sure. and you think this may be the same person, the banned one and the friend asking for support. Thats rather peculiar & when i first joined I would never have thought of an entrance to the board like that. and the result is he got GONGED!

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/06 at 2:12 pm

Yeah, ancient history, but he's been the only person I've allowed back after a ban.  The only reason he was banned in the first place, was because a different member was encouraging him to post inappropriate material  (said member got banned before Howard was allowed back).

Okay, I never knew about it before this thread(must of happened awhile back).

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/06 at 2:13 pm

Thanks for your vote of confidence, and welcoming tone  'Whistledog'

glad i could help.  i am here 24/7

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/13/06 at 2:15 pm

glad i could help.  i am here 24/7

LOL, you can be rather devilsh when ya wanna be  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/06 at 2:16 pm

I can understand Chuckys views on this. To sign up with a disgusting name , and make disgusting threads as your first post translates as a FLAMER on other message boards, and they ban as well

thank you... that hit's the nail right on the head.

Let's see this guy try the same thing on a different board and see how long he lasts...  If it's a surprise to anyone, they clearly have never been on any messageboard at any point in their life.

There's probably been a few dozen other quick bans like these, the only difference is that most people don't notice them.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/13/06 at 2:18 pm

Karma for you, sir, for keeping this website a better place to be...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/06 at 2:28 pm

I'd love to fill you guys in, but am paranoid that by repeating what he said that I may find myself banned too. It basically revolved around toilet paper and what people do when they're 'on the throne'. Guess you'll have to get it from WhistleDog & Badfinger by PM's or whatever. I do know Whistledog seemed to find it amusing, although exceptional in terms of 'kookiness', and awarded it the most outstanding thread in certain aspects in his time here. I guess he's a bit more liberal minded. It's a shame it's gone before too many people could get a look. I particulary think Howard might have been amused, given some of the things he's come out with. Oh well ...

Henk I just read your message. I know for a fact that this person has NEVER/EVER  been banned anywhere before till that thread. I know him quite well, and am confident he's telling me the truth. I'm sure he is shaking his head in disbelief. That's all I can say ...

I find it interesting that for a newbie, you certainly seem to know what our friend Howard might like. However, one thing you don't seem to know about this board, as Chucky said, it is pretty much self-policing. If any of us see something that it inappropriate, we report it. I have reported some things myself if I find them vulger-and for those who really know me, it has to be REALLY bad for me to report something. And no, I did not report that thread (never did see it). We also know that Chucky has the final word on things-whether we agree with his decision or not. We all admire and appreciate Chucky because without him, this board would not exist. And the reason why this board is so great because of Chucky's hard work and the fact that he does ban those "less desirables". Never seeing that thread that your "friend" posted, I can't say that (s)he is a "less desirable", I am just going to trust Chucky's decision.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/06 at 2:36 pm

I find it interesting that for a newbie, you certainly seem to know what our friend Howard might like.

Strange that when I saw the deleted thread, my first thought was that it looked like something Donnie Darko would do and now this person is mentioning Howard. Gee! What a coincidence.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/13/06 at 2:39 pm

Was M@ch!ne He@d banned?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/06 at 2:49 pm

Was M@ch!ne He@d banned?

I don't think so... even though I'm pretty sure he was a former banned member.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/13/06 at 2:53 pm

Could he & "Mr. Head" be one & the same?

Written By: Tam on 09/13/06 at 2:55 pm

I dunno

Personally, s/he felt more like AL-B to me.
Al's humor, as has been seen before, is a little off the wall.
I am hoping it wasn't him though

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/06 at 2:58 pm

I dunno

Personally, s/he felt more like AL-B to me.
Al's humor, as has been seen before, is a little off the wall.
I am hoping it wasn't him though

It's not, he's still registered here it look likes(he's posted on Airrider's anime caption thread and I checked to see if his post were changed by a ban).

Written By: Tam on 09/13/06 at 3:02 pm

It's not, he's still registered here it look likes(he's posted on Airrider's anime caption thread and I checked to see if his post were changed by a ban).

I understand what you are saying but a ban will only affect the account to which it was associated.
All of Al's posts are still intact.

It was just mho. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/06 at 3:07 pm

I understand what you are saying but a ban will only affect the account to which it was associated.

It was just mho. ;)

I meant that it would say "guest" instead.

What's "mho"?

Written By: nally on 09/13/06 at 3:29 pm

I meant that it would say "guest" instead.

What's "mho"?

Here it stands for "My humble opinion", I think. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/06 at 3:30 pm

Here it stands for "My humble opinion", I think. ;)

Okay, I don't know much of those....

Thank you.

Written By: nally on 09/13/06 at 3:31 pm

Okay, I don't know much of those....

Thank you.

Yep... and "IMHO" is "In my humble opinion"...I use that acronym all the time.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/06 at 3:38 pm

Yep... and "IMHO" is "In my humble opinion"...I use that acronym all the time.

I've seen variations of that one.

Written By: nally on 09/13/06 at 3:40 pm

I've seen variations of that one.

...such as "IMO" and the like... well, basicaly that's the only variation I can think of right now.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/06 at 3:46 pm

...such as "IMO" and the like... well, basicaly that's the only variation I can think of right now.

Me too...

Then you have ...

LOL
LOLOL

LMAO
LMFAO

I >3 a dancer class(I probably didn't apply that one right, I don't know what >3 means. Never played MMORPGs or any other online game).

I didn't know what this one meant: 1337(LEET), until I asked.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/13/06 at 4:06 pm

I bet you 10 to 1, Chucky banned that person not because of the thread......because compared to the topics of conversation we already have, it's mild......but because it was a former member.  That is the only reason I can think for why he'd do it. 

But as the mods on another forum I belong to say, "you don't need to know why we banned someone, so don't bother asking".

Written By: Howard on 09/13/06 at 4:09 pm

Well It definitely can't be me,I would never do that sort of thing.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/13/06 at 4:19 pm

It was just mho. ;)
Actually, if I'm correct, it's the IP address that's banned so I would think that all of the posts made from that particular IP would now show up as "guest".

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is.  He broke the rules, plain and simple.  This is Chucky's board and HIS opinion is the only one that matters.  B.S. it seems like you know quite a bit about the board......here's some advice:  if you've been around awhile and plan on coming back, I'd drop it.

Written By: Howard on 09/13/06 at 4:35 pm

Was it somebody from the past? ???

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/13/06 at 4:40 pm

most likely......

Written By: Howard on 09/13/06 at 4:41 pm

most likely......

Would you happen to know who?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/06 at 4:53 pm

Actually, if I'm correct, it's the IP address that's banned so I would think that all of the posts made from that particular IP would now show up as "guest".

not true.  only if an account is deleted (by whatever reason) do posts show up as guest.  I've accidently banned people in the past (same IP range) and the posts don't show up as guest.

Written By: Howard on 09/13/06 at 4:54 pm

not true.  only if an account is deleted (by whatever reason) do posts show up as guest.  I've accidently banned people in the past (same IP range) and the posts don't show up as guest.

So you could tell by their IP?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/13/06 at 4:56 pm

I >3 a dancer class(I probably didn't apply that one right, I don't know what >3 means. Never played MMORPGs or any other online game).

You did apply it wrong.  It's <3.  It's a heart on it's side.  That way if you want to say "I like hot dogs" or I heart hot dogs" you'd type "I <3 hot dogs".  Real easy.

Written By: Davester on 09/13/06 at 5:05 pm

You did apply it wrong.  It's <3.  It's a heart on it's side.  That way if you want to say "I like hot dogs" or I heart hot dogs" you'd type "I <3 hot dogs".  Real easy.

I always thought <3 looked like a pair of puckered lips.  You know, like a kiss...

go ;)...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/13/06 at 5:06 pm

I always thought <3 looked like a pair of puckered lips.  You know, like a kiss...

go ;)...

There's already a smilie for a "kiss".  :-*

That's why this is a heart.  <3

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/13/06 at 5:33 pm

I'd love to fill you guys in, but am paranoid that by repeating what he said that I may find myself banned too. It basically revolved around toilet paper and what people do when they're 'on the throne'. Guess you'll have to get it from WhistleDog & Badfinger by PM's or whatever. I do know Whistledog seemed to find it amusing, although exceptional in terms of 'kookiness', and awarded it the most outstanding thread in certain aspects in his time here. I guess he's a bit more liberal minded. It's a shame it's gone before too many people could get a look. I particulary think Howard might have been amused, given some of the things he's come out with. Oh well ...

Oh... THAT THREAD.

Yeah, I saw it.

My guess is that Chucky blew that guy away as somewhat of a "shot over the bow" of these boards that the scatalogical threads will not be tolerated.

I support Chucky's decision whole heartedly.

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/06 at 7:10 pm

go ;)...

It also looked like a 2 scoop Ice Cream cone in it's side.  Pucker up them lips for some ice cream ;D

Written By: Tam on 09/14/06 at 12:34 am

Was M@ch!ne He@d banned?

Online  mach!ne_he@d  12:33:15 AM Viewing the topic Show us your BOO-TAY!.

Funny thing isn't it?!

Check for new replies or respond here...