inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who Rules Your Roost?...

Written By: loki 13 on 09/16/06 at 11:37 am

My wife runs our household and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am disorganized and have an,
"I will get to it sooner or later," attitude. She pays all the bills in a timely manner, makes all necessary
appointments and does the grocery shopping. I think the reason we've been married so long, 25 years
next month, is because I know she is the boss. If it wasn't for her I would probably be living in a cardboard
box. The woman is a Saint.

So I wan't to know, who rules your roost?

Subject: Re: Who Rules Your Roost?...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/16/06 at 11:42 am

pretty much...me. LOL! :D ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/16/06 at 12:03 pm

No one does.

Written By: gemini on 09/16/06 at 12:37 pm

My wife runs our household and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am disorganized and have an,
"I will get to it sooner or later," attitude. She pays all the bills in a timely manner, makes all necessary
appointments and does the grocery shopping. I think the reason we've been married so long, 25 years
next month, is because I know she is the boss. If it wasn't for her I would probably be living in a cardboard
box. The woman is a Saint.

So I wan't to know, who rules your roost?

Ours is about the same, although I wouldn't say I'm the "boss", I just take care of the bills and most of the appointments. BTW, we'll be married 25 years next month too! Oct. 30. When's yours?

Written By: loki 13 on 09/16/06 at 12:52 pm

Ours is about the same, although I wouldn't say I'm the "boss", I just take care of the bills and most of the appointments. BTW, we'll be married 25 years next month too! Oct. 30. When's yours?

Oct. 3

I use the term boss loosely, she hates being called "The Boss."  ;D

Written By: gemini on 09/16/06 at 12:58 pm

Oct. 3

I use the term boss loosely, she hates being called "The Boss."  ;D

Cool! Congrats early! Yea, I don't like it either!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/06 at 1:08 pm

We rule together. He does the cooking, pays most of the bills, takes out the garbage and takes care of the lawn/snow. I pay some of the bills, do the dishes, do the laundry, take care of the cats (for the most part but he will do a little) and we pay someone to do the rest of the cleaning. When it comes to making decisions, we make them together.

Oct. 3

I was married the first time on Oct. 30th and my sister's birthday is Oct. 3rd. Carlos and I got married on Oct. 18-and we will be celebrating our 3rd.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 09/16/06 at 4:48 pm

no one.  it's like a frat house and it's a disaster all the time.

i used to be neat but i'm on strike

the other night my husband's friend came over and HE did the dishes!!!
lol

Written By: CeeKay on 09/16/06 at 5:08 pm

no one.  it's like a frat house and it's a disaster all the time.

i used to be neat but i'm on strike

the other night my husband's friend came over and HE did the dishes!!!
lol

That's so funny.  ;D

It's kind of the same in my house.  If anyone rules (which is rare), it's usually me -- as I'm the only adult in the house.  Sometimes my 12 y.o. daughter rules -- when her evil twin decides to show up (see KKay's evil twin posts -- as KKay and my daughter are pretty much the same person).  To their chagrin, the boys only rule on their own territory -- their basement rooms.  That's just how it is.

Written By: La Roche on 09/16/06 at 5:50 pm

The dogs.. who else would?  ???

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/16/06 at 7:48 pm

We rule together. He does the cooking, pays most of the bills, takes out the garbage and takes care of the lawn/snow. I pay some of the bills, do the dishes, do the laundry, take care of the cats (for the most part but he will do a little) and we pay someone to do the rest of the cleaning. When it comes to making decisions, we make them together.

Cat

We rule together, too (for the most part!)...

My hubby pays most of the bills, takes care of anything mechanical or electrical, and shares parenting duties.  Occasionally he'll wash the dishes and take out the trash (but his father does most of the yard work).  I pay a few bills, make all appointments, take care of laundry and housecleaning, cook (and wash dishes), feed the cat, and help the kids with anything pertaining to school.  :D

Written By: KKay on 09/16/06 at 7:49 pm

The dogs.. who else would?  ???

come to think of it,....it IS Bode's sofa ...not mine.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/16/06 at 8:59 pm

The cats...?  :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 09/17/06 at 7:14 am

come to think of it,....it IS Bode's sofa ...not mine.

Exactly!

Think about it.. we cater to her every need, not the other way round.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/17/06 at 10:13 am

It does seem like lately it has been the cat. He get special food, I don't know how many meds per day not to mention picking up after him because of what the meds are doing to his digestion tract.  :P  And of course we have taken him to vet so many times in the last couple of weeks.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/18/06 at 4:31 pm

Father

Written By: Step-chan on 09/18/06 at 4:32 pm

Me! I'm the only one there! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...