inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you use a mobile phone to read this site?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/18/06 at 6:55 pm

Right now, the enhanced stats for the "who's visiting" tells me three different people using three different brands of phone are using the site.

What, a computer isn't good enough for you people? 

Where's the oddest places people have been viewing the site with a phone?  wait... maybe I don't want to know that.

Subject: Re: Do you use a mobile phone to read this site?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/18/06 at 6:57 pm

I don't have a Blackberry, so I can't do that....but I would imagine some of them are on the toilet. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/18/06 at 6:58 pm

(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Nokia6682/2.0 (3.01.1) SymbianOS/8.0 Series60/2.6 Profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0 (compatible;YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2;mobile-search-customer-care AT yahoo-inc dot com)) 07:56:38 PM Viewing the topic Songs with "Life" in the title (Dead).
(xx.xxx.xxx.xx, MSIE) 07:56:11 PM Viewing the topic thefacebook.
(xx.xxx.xx.xx, MSIE) 07:55:57 PM Viewing the topic Churchsigngenerator.com.
(xxx.xx.xxx.xx, MOT-V360/08.B7.2ER MIB/2.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) 07:55:55 PM Viewing the topic Rate these Music Videos: The 1990's.
(xxx.xx.xxx.xx, SAMSUNG-SGH-X490/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.3.c.1.101 (GUI) MMP/2.0) 07:55:41 PM Viewing the topic Best cartoon episode.
(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, SonyEricssonK700i/R2A SEMC-Browser/4.0 Profile/MIDP-1.0 MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/18/06 at 6:58 pm

I could, but I don't have the first clue on how to ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/18/06 at 6:59 pm

[quote author=

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/18/06 at 7:01 pm

judging from some of the posts I've had to delete, I don't doubt that for a moment

which hand indeed
I'd vote for left ;)

Written By: Brian06 on 09/19/06 at 12:20 am

I have tried it before, it's a huge pain. I think my phone divides the front page of this site into 7 different sections.

Written By: karen on 09/19/06 at 2:53 am

I could, but I don't have the first clue on how to ;D

ditto.

I only bought this phone because it was the cheapest phone that was small enough to fit into my bag.  The WAP option is just something to scroll past on my way to the games!

Written By: Gis on 09/19/06 at 2:56 am

I've got an ancient second hand Nokia which replaced an even more ancient Motorola, I was just thrilled to get a simple phone I could use for texting I couldn't careless about other stuff.  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/19/06 at 3:18 am

I have a basic phone that rings and texts. None of this fancy stuff like internet access, the ability to take photos, the ability to make breakfast... etc.

How is it possible to read the site on that screen anyway?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/19/06 at 3:22 am

I have a basic phone that rings and texts. None of this fancy stuff like internet access, the ability to take photos, the ability to make breakfast... etc.

How is it possible to read the site on that screen anyway?

Some PDAs like Blackberries have phones in them, and they have a pretty decent-sized screen.  Some websites have board settings specifically for those devices, and they are very slimmed-down and not graphics-intense at all.  It's basically all text.

Written By: Apricot on 09/19/06 at 5:10 am

I find Mobile devices too irritating to use internet on.. like, I've tried my dad's BlackBerry, my friend's Cell, the sample phone at the Cingular Store that was connected.. it's just too frustrating, all that use of that little keyboard..

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/19/06 at 6:33 am

[quote author=

Written By: CeeKay on 09/19/06 at 12:57 pm

I find Mobile devices too irritating to use internet on.. like, I've tried my dad's BlackBerry, my friend's Cell, the sample phone at the Cingular Store that was connected.. it's just too frustrating, all that use of that little keyboard..

Totally agree with Tubeway.  It's too frustrating to use my cell for the internet.  I barely have enough time to show up here period.  Computer is the way to go.

Written By: Southern Image on 09/19/06 at 6:13 pm

Nope.  I like to see my things on big screen.

Written By: Roadgeek on 09/19/06 at 6:17 pm

I have a pretty fancy phone, but my phone can't do that.

Written By: whistledog on 09/19/06 at 6:18 pm

My mobile phone doesn't have such features.  With my Mobile phone, I can take it everywhere, but if I want to be able to use it, I have to find a phone jack so I can plug it in ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/19/06 at 6:26 pm

My phone has internet capabilities, but I didn't buy the service when I bought the phone.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/06 at 6:33 pm

What is wrong with a phone that just rings and you can TALK to someone on the other end? Why do phones have to have cameras, text messaging, internet access, etc, etc. I just don't get it.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/19/06 at 6:41 pm

What is wrong with a phone that just rings and you can TALK to someone on the other end? Why do phones have to have cameras, text messaging, internet access, etc, etc. I just don't get it.

Cat

My phone rings and you can talk to someone on the other end.  I can also take pictures, movies and send text messages with it.  I can play games, read the New York Times, check the time in 45 cities, have a tip calculator, a stopwatch and surf the internet. 

There is nothing wrong with a phone that just rings and you can talk to someone on the other end.  But I happen to like the fact that I have all this cool technology at my disposal.  Oh, and my sister's phone has all that stuff PLUS an mp3 player. 

Written By: whistledog on 09/19/06 at 6:44 pm

Cat

There used to be a commercial where this guy was like "With my new cellphone, I can take pictures, access the internet, text message, watch TV, download movies and even play games.  I only have one problem.  How do I make a call?" ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/06 at 1:49 am

Given half the chance I would.

Written By: nally on 12/11/06 at 4:45 pm

Nope.  I like to see my things on big screen.

Same here.

Check for new replies or respond here...