inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grade School Characters

Written By: Wiffle on 09/27/06 at 1:18 am

Not sure where else this might go, but does anyone else remember the different interchangeable characters you would run into in grade school? I go to night school, and even though I'm older now, there is a know-it-all guy there, he always has to argue with the teacher. Damn, 30 years later there is still a class "Webster". I swear, it is the same guy, just in a different state and a little older.

Then also there is "The Announcer" who has to let everyone know what he is doing when he has to step out in the middle of class. What happened to being inobtrusive?

Anyway, you'd think things would get different dealing with adults, but apparently they do not...

Subject: Re: Grade School Characters

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/06 at 1:24 am

In my school, there were a whole range of characters, one that springs to mind ...

There was a real weird kid in my class.  He wasn't handicapped of any sort.  He looked normal, talked normal, but did real weird things.  I won't name his name, but just how weird was he?  Grade 6 .. he used to write letters to his ruler, and by ruler, I don't mean owner of a land.  I'm talking rectangular piece of wood with measurements on it ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/27/06 at 1:28 am

I went to grade school with degenerate morons who all either ended up knocked up at 16 or in jail.  I recently spoke to someone I went to school with and so far 5 people I graduated with have drug problems, 2 have been in jail and four have 3 kids or more.

So yeah, I went to school with "characters".

Written By: Brian06 on 09/27/06 at 1:33 am

I've found some of the people I went to grade school with on myspace, there are a few that I occasionally still talk to online but they're from my 2nd grade school. It's really weird seeing some of those people from my first grade school for the first time in like a decade, some are like really weird now lol.

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/06 at 1:34 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/27/06 at 1:37 am

That was the same with my school.  Half the kids I was classmates with are all in jail now.  Seems like everytime I read the local paper, I see a blurb about a kid I went to school with, that tells about the crime he has recently committed.

One in particular that my brother went to school with .. he graduated university and became a police officer.  Then one day I read in the paper where he was charged with beating up a suspect while on the job

What's even funnier was I got an email through Classmates about going to our 10 year reunion this year.  It was going to be at the same place our awards banquet and dance was at. 

I wouldn't have gone to that if they paid me.  I wouldn't cross the street for those loons, so I'm not driving 15 hours for them.

Written By: Wiffle on 09/27/06 at 1:45 am

I went to the first reunion and all these lowlife guys came out of the woodwork to "get to know me". Yeah right, they were lowlife in high school, out for one thing only, I'm not going to fall for it now that I am older and wiser.

There was one guy in particular, in our senior year of high school he made it well known that whichever girl he took to the prom, he would "score with". Yeah, the "Smooth Talker" approached me at the reunion to tell me how he always liked me... buzz off you loser! I have blown off the other reunions since then.

In my night school class, there is a "Jeff Spicoli" right behind me! He communicates in grunts, and has to be told everything at least twice!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/27/06 at 1:47 am

there were always bullies in school, mean kids that always picked fights and got into them. These were the kids I hung out with when I wasn't hanging out with the baseball playing kids.  For some reason I got along with the bad kids. go figure  ???   There was a class clown who could imitate the most animated of our teachers, he was funny.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/27/06 at 9:56 am

There were always "interesting" people to say the least.  There were the popular cheerleader girls...who always took advantage of the spirit days (days usually on Friday, during football season...where they would have themes to dress up as)....and they always accessorized to the T...then there were the "popular" boys who could get away with anything (ex. farting in class, throwing dissected animal parts around the room in biology class, etc.). There were the "rebel" kids...who in my school....a group of the guys actually all wore leather jackets and took the name, "The T-Birds" (how original ::))....they would hang out outside of the school, sneaking cigarettes...and giving everyone dirty looks....and they were hardly ever in class (but if they were, they were usually sleeping in the back of the room).  Then there was always the kid who smelled really bad. (well, actually a few of them). It's like....it doesn't take that much effort to take a shower and clean yourself.  They would sit all alone at lunch and then wonder why nobody wanted to be near them.  Then there were the band/theater geeks (me ;))...they were basically down to earth kids who didn't judge you like the rest of the school did....they were usually accepting of everybody.  I could probably go on for hours about all of these people... ;D

Written By: La Roche on 09/27/06 at 12:15 pm

There were some good ones at school.

You always get the psycho and ours was this kid from Spain.. he'd pick fights with everybody and would start talking jibberish in Spanish, real fast then he'd scream and run off. Cuckoo.

Carlton was the stinky one.. and he really did stink. He wore the same sweatpants every day for years, I think they got washed about 4 times in those few years.

Lots of others. I was the uber class clown.. pain in the ass.

Check for new replies or respond here...