inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A New Member To Our Family

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/06 at 10:49 am

Last night, about an hour after we turned off the porch light, there was a knock on the door. We thought it was more trick-or-treaters but we were wrong. It was the local constable holding a little kitten asking us if it was ours. She was a sweet little thing purring away in the guys arms. We said no but we were just drawn to this cute little ball of fur. We told the guy to check with one of the neighbors and if it wasn't hers to bring her back and we will give it a home. When the guy left, Carlos and I were saying to ourselves, "What have we done?" Sure enough, about 5 minutes later, there was a knock on the door and it was the constable again saying that there was no answer at our neighbor's house. He said that he would bring her home himself but he has a German sheppard who would probably eat her for lunch. So, we took her off of his hands. The other two cats are not too happy but so far there hasn't been any major battles-just some growling and hissing. We don't think it will take too long for them to adjust to each other. It does help that she is just a baby (we figure anywhere from 3-6 months old). I made an appointment with the vet for her already. So far, she still doesn't have a name. We have already decided that her name will be Halloween related. Some of the names that were mentioned have been Hally, Weenie (this was Carlos' suggestion which I dismissed right away), Candy, Trixie, Elvira, and Mina (after a charactor in Dracula). If anyone else have any other ideas, please let us know. She is tiger and white and has two tiger spots right above her mouth that looks like dirt and she is a purring machine. Just a sweety. I will post some pics as soon as we get some.

We are still wondering if she is a trick or a treat.  :-\\

Cat

Subject: Re: A New Member To Our Family

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/01/06 at 10:56 am

Awww... :)  She's definitely a treat.

I like Mina. 

Written By: nally on 11/01/06 at 12:15 pm

Last night, about an hour after we turned off the porch light, there was a knock on the door. We thought it was more trick-or-treaters but we were wrong. It was the local constable holding a little kitten asking us if it was ours. She was a sweet little thing purring away in the guys arms. We said no but we were just drawn to this cute little ball of fur. We told the guy to check with one of the neighbors and if it wasn't hers to bring her back and we will give it a home. When the guy left, Carlos and I were saying to ourselves, "What have we done?" Sure enough, about 5 minutes later, there was a knock on the door and it was the constable again saying that there was no answer at our neighbor's house. He said that he would bring her home himself but he has a German sheppard who would probably eat her for lunch. So, we took her off of his hands. The other two cats are not too happy but so far there hasn't been any major battles-just some growling and hissing. We don't think it will take too long for them to adjust to each other. It does help that she is just a baby (we figure anywhere from 3-6 months old). I made an appointment with the vet for her already. So far, she still doesn't have a name. We have already decided that her name will be Halloween related. Some of the names that were mentioned have been Hally, Weenie (this was Carlos' suggestion which I dismissed right away), Candy, Trixie, Elvira, and Mina (after a charactor in Dracula). If anyone else have any other ideas, please let us know. She is tiger and white and has two tiger spots right above her mouth that looks like dirt and she is a purring machine. Just a sweety. I will post some pics as soon as we get some.

Cat

That's real nice, Cat. She sounds like a treat to me. :) I don't have any additional ideas for names, but the ones you listed seem like good choices.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/01/06 at 12:22 pm

Cat

Awwww...what a nice story there, Cat!  Your new kitten sounds like she's gonna make the perfect addition to your family!  :)

(And btw, I think the name Elvira would be perfect for her!)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/01/06 at 12:28 pm

That is so nice of you guys to take her in...I just love cats, I couldn't turn one away either.

Written By: Gis on 11/01/06 at 12:29 pm

The best way to get a kitten is when they 'find' you! My sister's cat is called Mina for the same reason, ie; dracula.
What about Mary or Shelley?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/01/06 at 12:31 pm

What a sweet story. I think all of the names are great and maybe I can add a few, myself:

Samantha (like in Bewitched!)
Tabitha (also in Bewitched!)  ;D
Abbey

I hope these sound okay... but, as others said, I think I like Mina best out of the suggestions you made.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/01/06 at 12:31 pm

What a sweet story. I think all of the names are great and maybe I can add a few, myself:

Abbey

I hope these sound okay... but, as others said, I think I like Mina best out of the suggestions you made.

awww...Tabitha is really cute! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/06 at 12:44 pm

Thanks everyone.

Abbey

I have thought about those (along with Sabrina) but dismissed Samantha because I have a niece by that name. Abbey? I'm not too sure of the reference.

I should have some pics shortly.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/06 at 1:01 pm

Here are a couple of pics of her. The second one I managed to get her in mid-yawn.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/01/06 at 1:12 pm

Here are a couple of pics of her. The second one I managed to get her in mid-yawn.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

She has very pretty markings!  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/01/06 at 1:13 pm

Thanks everyone.

I have thought about those (along with Sabrina) but dismissed Samantha because I have a niece by that name. Abbey? I'm not too sure of the reference.

I should have some pics shortly.

Cat

Abbey (or Abby) just came to my mind for no particular reason.. it sounded cute, though, so I threw it in there for kicks  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/01/06 at 1:15 pm

Cat

Very adorable...  :)

Written By: La Roche on 11/01/06 at 1:26 pm

You should call her Varg or Ilsa. I rest my case.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/06 at 1:44 pm

Carlos and I have reached a decision. Her name is....(drum roll, please).... ELVIRA!!!

Cat

Written By: joedeertae on 11/01/06 at 3:19 pm

V. cute kitten...
What about
Darcie ~ English ~ Of the Dark
or
Darcy ~ Gaelic ~ Of the Dark

edited to add: nevermind, Elvira is a great name for a Halloween kitten!  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/01/06 at 3:22 pm

Carlos and I have reached a decision. Her name is....(drum roll, please).... ELVIRA!!!

Cat

Such cute pictures Cat.Elvira sounds perfect. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/06 at 3:51 pm

Thanks everyone. I had trouble keeping my eyes open so I laid down and Elvira joined me. She decided that naptime was over and started "attacking" me to wake me up. (Are you sure she isn't a trick?  ;) )

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/01/06 at 5:25 pm

She is so adorable! And...that is a perfect name for her! :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 11/01/06 at 7:48 pm

awwww......she's so cute :)  She looks almost like my old cat Shanigan (named after a bar at school :-\\).  I'll have to see if I can dig up a pic to show you.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/05/06 at 2:17 am

ohhh she is really cute. Welcome to Elvira !

I always think there is a reason why cats appear and choose their owners. So I am sure she is a treat !!!

Check for new replies or respond here...