inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Three questions..

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/01/06 at 9:17 pm

at a work-related dinner thing last month one of the guys asked everyone to answer the following..

if you were told at 4 o'clock in the afternoon that you had three hours to live:

what would you order for dinner,what famous person would you invite to dine with you, and where would you want to be ? :)

Subject: Re: Three questions..

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/06 at 9:25 pm

I'd go to Swiss Chalet with Rachel McAdams, and have the Double Leg and Rib Dinner.  I figure i'll die in Canada, in a Canadian restaurant with a famous Canadian ;D

I'd of course take 3 hours to eat my meal, so i wouldn't have to pay ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/01/06 at 9:27 pm

I would want to be in PA, eating a meal with my PA friends, eating pizza/ice cream/eggs/ and egg rolls.

Ho, and Mountain Dew/Chocolate Milk!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/01/06 at 9:29 pm

1. caesar salad, lobster tails, filet mignon, baked potatoes and a very expensive wine
2. Bono
3. a quiet cozy restaurant somewhere

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/01/06 at 9:29 pm

what was my answer you ask?
oh!  :D ;D..

something involving chicken,chocolate fondue and sauvignon blanc,possibly oprah or vince vaughn..and at a rollerdisco.. 8)

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/01/06 at 9:30 pm

Couldn't think of one famous person I'd want to spend my last three hours with.

My answers are...

Mac & Cheese, pizza, cheetos and chocolate milk surrounded by Megan, Hunter and Todd all cuddling in my bed.

If you couldn't guess, those are my children's favorite foods, and the names are the three people I care most about in this world...My daughter, son and hubby.  

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/01/06 at 9:33 pm

Ohhh... FAMOUS person. I'd pick John Linnell, probably.

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/01/06 at 9:39 pm

Ohhh... FAMOUS person. I'd pick John Linnell, probably.

sure,why not..who?  ??? ;D

btw..this cracked me up...'eating pizza/ice cream/eggs'  ??? ???

and i think this is very sweet ,Carol..'those are my children's favorite foods, and the names are the three people I care most about in this world'

and Jason..'I'd of course take 3 hours to eat my meal, so i wouldn't have to pay'..just so typically you  ;D ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/01/06 at 9:59 pm

Heh, all those foods are inside jokes with the Pennsylvanians I know.

And, John Linnell is half of They Might be Giants!

Written By: La Roche on 11/02/06 at 1:26 pm

Does it HAVE to be somebody famous?

I guess then..

I'd be having a big ol' Lobster, shrimp done every way from sundown, a big fat swordfish steak and some crawdads down in an open air eatery, real home style, down in the great state of Alabama by the gulf coast, with the sea air blowing in and the smell of fish frying. I think I'd want to have my last dinner on earth with my hero Dave Mustaine. The list of people was long.. Mick Foley, Steve Williams, Dwayne Johnson, Lemmy, Albert Pujols, Don Mattingly, Red Schoendiest, David Allen Coe.. so on and so forth. But Dave is a god to me.

Written By: KKay on 11/02/06 at 1:32 pm

what would you order for dinner,what famous person would you invite to dine with you, and where would you want to be ?

(how can i top the Ktel Queen in the Rollerdisco!!!)

I would have dinner with
I don't know. i can never answer "who with?"  I would probably have a seafood combination platter of some sort...oh! Crabs on a deck in Maryland or lobster at a beach house on the patio...

but who? maybe Bode.

Written By: Abix on 11/02/06 at 1:58 pm

I'd take all my loved ones to Hawaii, but we'd be eating Pasta , fettuccine Alfredo, Pasta w/ Pesto , and Linguini with Clam sauce and scallops. I'd have shrimp scampi as an appetizer with A big vat of Mashed potatoes and gravy, and some home made baked Macaroni and cheese.. with Meatballs.  Dessert would be bread pudding, the real stuff, like grandma used to make, (my sis in law Becky makes some pretty good bread pudding too), with Whiskey sauce..  The famous person... hmmmm.... it would either be Mick Jagger or Johan Santana.  Whoever would be able to clear their schedule for me. I'd also have James there, as I'd want to meet him at least once before I die.

Check for new replies or respond here...