inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you want to hear me sing...

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/11/06 at 9:30 am

...here's your chance! ...although you may be having a hard time distinguishing my voice from the many others. ::)

Some of you may know that I sing in a men's choir, and we had our annual concert a week ago. It has been recorded in its full length and is available on the internet. :) If you want to have a listen, follow these steps:

1. Go to this website: www.kerkomroep.nl

2. On the right hand side you will see a small map of The Netherlands. You have to click on the province of Noord Holland (that's the peninsula in the northwest)

3. A listing of churches will be displayed. Scroll down a bit till you find Den Helder, Morgenster, and click it.

4. Another listing will be displayed, showing a survey of services available. The one you want to hear is "04-11-2006 19:51".
    You now have two options: Listen (the green icon with the arrow) or Download (the diskette icon).

4.a. If you choose to Listen, a small mp3-player will be displayed on the right hand side of the screen.
4.b. If you choose to Download, the file will be downloaded to your temporary internet files. This option comes with a full screen mp3-player along the audio file.

Note: I was asked to install some additional software (a control program) in the process, so it's very likely you will be asked too. If you don't feel safe about that, just don't do it. You won't be able to listen to this concert then, though...

5. Both options will give you the full recording of the concert (approx. 2.5 hours), including some speeches and a 29 minute break. To guide you through the evening, here's a Table Of Contents:

19:51:00 | Start of recording

19:59:35 | Alleluia (by Gordon Young)
20:01:45 | Mr Chairman gets the word...
20:04:10 | U zij de glorie (Thine Be The Glory)
20:07:35 | God heb ik lief (Psalm 116, by Johan Bredewout/Hans de Ruiter)
20:11:30 | My Lord What A Morning
20:15:45 | British Bandsman (by Derek Broadbent)
20:20:00 | The Trouble With The Tuba Is... (by William Relton)
20:24:50 | Hello Dolly (by Jerry Herman)
20:28:30 | Rondo Capriccioso op.14 (by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy) [Lea Paliczov

Subject: Re: If you want to hear me sing...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/12/06 at 3:45 am

I just saw this and will check out the singing choir later today Henk

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/12/06 at 10:18 pm

Henk...you guys sound great! I always enjoyed being in a choir (in school and church)....and I enjoy listening to choral songs as well. I especially enjoyed: The Day You Sang (Ode To Beethoven).  Great job!  8) ;)

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/13/06 at 1:11 pm

Henk...you guys sound great! I always enjoyed being in a choir (in school and church)....and I enjoy listening to choral songs as well. I especially enjoyed: The Day You Sang (Ode To Beethoven).  Great job!  8) ;)

You deserve some karamel for that. :)

As you can tell from the recording, facilities weren't superb (well, it's a church...what can you expect?) and I know we're not the best of choirs (just a bunch of amateurs) but we did our best. In all modesty, I think this is one of the best concerts we've given in years. I agree with you on "The Day You Sang" - I'm glad we decided to sing the verses unisono. We were also very blessed to have this (prize winning) brassband supporting us. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...