inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tell Us, What Makes You Laugh?

Written By: Red Ant on 11/14/06 at 12:30 am

I should have started this thread on day one. What is it that you find funny?

I'll give my answers later.

Subject: Re: Tell Us, What Makes You Laugh?

Written By: Tam on 11/14/06 at 1:29 am

Good question.

I laugh at other people's misfortunes. (Like when they trip on nothing etc...) Does that make me a bad person?

Sometimes I get laughing for so long that I forget what I was originally laughing at, but continue to laugh anyway because it just feels so good to have my funny bone tickled.

This is making me think - so I will be back with more!!!

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/06 at 4:30 am

I too laugh at other people's misfortunes .. like if some dude slips on the ice in the winter, or some lady trips on the sidewalk and takes a tumble.  I shouldn't laugh, but it's somewhat uncontrolable

One thing that made me laugh was something that I saw one day.  I was sitting in the parking lot of the library waiting for my mom to come out, when suddenly this person in a clown costume driving a car pulls into the adjacent space.  Naturally I looked over, just in time to see the clown pull a bottle of crown royal out of her breast pocket, and take a couple of swigs ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/14/06 at 4:56 am

Cerebral comedy.  Comedy that makes you think about it first. 

It's easier for me to list thing that DON'T make me laugh, as opposed to things that do.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/14/06 at 9:27 am

I laugh at other people's misfortunes. (Like when they trip on nothing etc...) Does that make me a bad person?

I too laugh at other people's misfortunes .. like if some dude slips on the ice in the winter, or some lady trips on the sidewalk and takes a tumble.  I shouldn't laugh, but it's somewhat uncontrolable

Karma to both of you for having a good sense of humor.  NOTHING makes me laugh harder than seeing someone fall down.  I can think about people I have seen falling down in the past and burst into hysterics.  I also enjoy it when people bump their heads.

Also, my husband makes me laugh every day.  He has such an odd sense of humor and says the craziest things.

It's easier for me to list thing that DON'T make me laugh, as opposed to things that do.

Too true!

Great thread!

Written By: spaceace on 11/14/06 at 9:34 am

Adam Sandler, The Muppets, George Bush.  Occasional I laugh at horror flicks. ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/14/06 at 10:10 am

My kids, my dogs, my cats.

Monty Python and The Far Side.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/06 at 1:37 pm

I like what I call "sophisticated humor", very witty. I also laugh just watching my cats be cats. I also laugh watching kids, too.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/14/06 at 1:43 pm

Blackadder also makes me laugh.  Never fails.  And House.  I know the show isn't a comedy, but some of things Dr. House says makes me crack up hysterically.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/14/06 at 4:47 pm

I've learned today that Shakespeare makes me laugh when he's trying to be serious. I mean... When you hear that your father's died, do you say, "O, by whom?" shouldn't you start crying and freaking out first? I don't know.

Um... Things that others wouldn't get make me laugh. *Shrug* When somebody just does something silly, and only you or a few people are around to hear it, it's a lot funnier.

Written By: nally on 11/27/06 at 11:14 pm

There are soooo many things out there that make me laugh, I don't think I can list them all! :o :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/27/06 at 11:28 pm

um....Vaughn, other random kids, my cats (most definitely), Mr. Bean, Bethany (most definitely), stupid stuff that others probably wouldn't think was funny.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/06 at 11:32 pm

stupid stuff that others probably wouldn't think was funny.

Everybody says this. The funny thing is, they're all right.

It's almost as if there are certain jokes for every individual being.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/27/06 at 11:33 pm

Everybody says this. The funny thing is, they're all right.

It's almost as if there are certain jokes for every individual being.

yes. I mean, I am kind of odd. Sometimes nothing makes me laugh my butt off. Every once in a blue moon...I will just start busting out laughing and I cannot stop....I have no idea why either. :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/28/06 at 10:22 am

yes. I mean, I am kind of odd. Sometimes nothing makes me laugh my butt off. Every once in a blue moon...I will just start busting out laughing and I cannot stop....I have no idea why either. :D

::) My mom often cracks up at the dinner table for no reason, and it goes on FOREVER, and everybody just watches her fall out of her chair... About ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/28/06 at 10:31 am

::) My mom often cracks up at the dinner table for no reason, and it goes on FOREVER, and everybody just watches her fall out of her chair... About ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

sounds like my kinda gal! LOL!

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/28/06 at 10:33 am

sounds like my kinda gal! LOL!

I dunno, I think you'd like my older sister. You remind me of her. AND you're the same age! =o.

Written By: La Roche on 11/28/06 at 11:50 am

Real dark things always make me laugh. Like retards and such like.

Think Randal Graves a'la Clerks.

Written By: nally on 11/28/06 at 10:57 pm

Okay...I'll tell you one thing that makes me laugh. Spoofs...of literary works and things like that. The other day I was thinkin' about one of my childhood books, and I did some Googling...and I found a site that spoofed it. I'll see if I can remember the URL so others can check it out.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/06 at 4:33 pm

British comedy, especially Monty Python
Comedians such as Lewis Black, Chris Rock, Denis Leary, Richard Pryor....
Muppets
Late Night With Conan O'Brian
Comic strips
Shows such as Cheers, Scrubs, The Office (both versions)

Check for new replies or respond here...