inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Neal's walking now...

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/21/06 at 2:15 pm

My wife just called me at work to let me know he's walking a lot more today than he has been.  Up until now, he'd take three or four steps without touching anything (cruising), but that was it.  Susan says he's talking 10-15 steps at a time today.  Guess I'll need to crank up the video camera when I get home tonight. 

he'll be 16 months old this Friday.

Subject: Re: Neal's walking now...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/21/06 at 2:16 pm

Congrats, Chucky!  I remember when my sister first started walking.....my dad was following her around like he was Steven Spielberg.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/21/06 at 2:20 pm

Wonderful.  Jason all of a sudden decided he wanted to walk at about 13 months.  Apparently he realized that walking got him places faster than crawling and said, "Why not?"

Silly babies :D

Written By: danootaandme on 11/21/06 at 2:20 pm

:o  Wowee, I guess I don't have to tell you how fast that time went

Written By: nally on 11/21/06 at 2:20 pm

That's great news, Chuck! 8) Before you know it he'll be walking even more steps at a time!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/21/06 at 2:21 pm

My wife just called me at work to let me know he's walking a lot more today than he has been.  Up until now, he'd take three or four steps without touching anything (cruising), but that was it.  Susan says he's talking 10-15 steps at a time today.  Guess I'll need to crank up the video camera when I get home tonight. 

Awwww...that's awesome!!!  8)

Written By: Jessica on 11/21/06 at 2:27 pm

You guys are in so much trouble now. Once they decide to walk, that's it. ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/21/06 at 2:37 pm

:o  Wowee, I guess I don't have to tell you how fast that time went

I thought he'd be doing it sooner.  My mother said I was walking at 9 months.  Then again, it's a pretty wide swatch of ages when you hear who started walking and when.  I guess he didn't have the proper motivation or something.  Then again, I keep telling people he didn't want to walk because he's rather tall for his age (people think he's twice as old as he is!), so it's a lot longer way to the floor when you fall.

I did notice Saturday he was running back and forth in his pack 'n' play, from corner to corner really fast.  So I'm not surprised

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/21/06 at 2:39 pm

The baby pretty much decides when he wants to do stuff.  I want Jason to talk, but he doesn't want to.  One day he's just gonna be like, "Father, I want a cookie" and then I'll be like WTF :D

Written By: nally on 11/21/06 at 2:39 pm

I think I was about a year old when I started walking. I have absolutely no memories of that, but I would know from seeing the pictures. Also, my parents would know. :)

Written By: spaceace on 11/21/06 at 2:43 pm

Yep, sounds like a proud Dad to me!  :) :)

Written By: Jessica on 11/21/06 at 2:44 pm

The baby pretty much decides when he wants to do stuff.  I want Jason to talk, but he doesn't want to.  One day he's just gonna be like, "Father, I want a cookie" and then I'll be like WTF :D

Well, he can sorta tell you what he wants. Like when he grabs his DVD and turns the television and DVD player on, you know he wants to watch a movie. :D

Or when he wants milk, he opens the refrigerator door.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/21/06 at 2:45 pm

Yeah, I'm waiting for the day I come home and see a big pile of milk spooge on the kitchen floor because he tried to pour it himself :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/21/06 at 2:47 pm

Awww Chucky, how exciting!  You need to post some pics!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/06 at 2:55 pm

Congrats, Chucky (and Rice & Jessica, too).  Now you have to make sure that your place is "baby proof".

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/21/06 at 2:57 pm

Congrats, Chucky (and Rice & Jessica, too).  Now you have to make sure that your place is "baby proof".

I prefer the "Papa Titus" approach to him learning what is safe and what isn't.

I'll give you a hint, it involves the phrase "I bet you won't do that again"

/blackest comedy on American TV ever

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/21/06 at 2:59 pm

"I bet you won't do that again"

Don't count on it :D  Stubborn they be.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/21/06 at 3:14 pm

Don't count on it :D  Stubborn they be.

what doesn't kill him, can teach him

Written By: spaceace on 11/21/06 at 3:20 pm

what doesn't kill him, can teach him

That's how I learned.  I've got the scares to prove it!! :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/21/06 at 5:13 pm

I prefer the "Papa Titus" approach to him learning what is safe and what isn't.

I'll give you a hint, it involves the phrase "I bet you won't do that again"

/blackest comedy on American TV ever

I loved that show! 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/21/06 at 5:17 pm

That's how I learned.  I've got the scares to prove it!! :)

True story:  My mom would iron in the dining room, and in the apartment we lived in when I was growing up, my grandmother lived upstairs.  She called down for my mom to do something for her, so she said she'd be right back and not to touch the iron, because it was hot.  She had it propped up on the board with the can of starch sitting next to it.  Well, just being told it was hot wasn't enough for me.  I put my palm against the iron and burned my hand to high-heaven.  I had blisters for weeks.  AND I still have a scar near the base of my thumb. 

I never touched the iron again....in fact, I haven't touched it since.

Written By: spaceace on 11/21/06 at 5:54 pm

True story:  My mom would iron in the dining room, and in the apartment we lived in when I was growing up, my grandmother lived upstairs.  She called down for my mom to do something for her, so she said she'd be right back and not to touch the iron, because it was hot.  She had it propped up on the board with the can of starch sitting next to it.  Well, just being told it was hot wasn't enough for me.  I put my palm against the iron and burned my hand to high-heaven.  I had blisters for weeks.  AND I still have a scar near the base of my thumb. 

I never touched the iron again....in fact, I haven't touched it since.

See it's a proven method. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/06 at 6:11 pm

that's awesome, Chucky! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/21/06 at 7:30 pm

that's so cool, Happy fathering Chucky. Soon he'll be zipping all over.  video & pics needed.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/21/06 at 7:32 pm

BTW, if you have stairs in the house, it's time to barricade them off...the babies are usually quite agile but you don't want them to be stuntmen tooooooooooo early, if you know what I be sayin'  :o

Written By: Dagwood on 11/21/06 at 9:55 pm

16 months already?  Wow.  Congrats on the walking.  Such a sweet age.

I loved that show! 

Me too.  I wish they hadn't canceled that.

Written By: whistledog on 11/21/06 at 10:10 pm

Great news Chucky! :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/21/06 at 10:53 pm

BTW, if you have stairs in the house, it's time to barricade them off...the babies are usually quite agile but you don't want them to be stuntmen tooooooooooo early, if you know what I be sayin'  :o

yeah, I've got the gate ready to go.  been holding off on that one for as long as I can, because Susan is constantly going up and down the stairs.

Check for new replies or respond here...