inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: FreeCycle Trade-Off Thread

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/06 at 4:09 pm

Have any of you heard of Freecycle? It's this site where you can go to your local chapter, and join, and post things that you want to get rid of, or list things that you are requesting and if people have them...they give them to you. It's a really neat way of obtaining lots of great stuff.  I thought that it would be fun to do something like that on the boards.  For instance, if there's a certain CD, or movie, or anything that someone may be looking for, they can list it...and if someone else has it....they could hook them up with it.  The only difference is that everyone is all over the world, instead of being within the same area....however, if it's only something small (like a book, CD, movie, etc)....the person obtaining the item may be able to provide the shipping money.  I don't know if it would take off..but I thought it might be a neat idea.

So, I will start with a request of my own.  I collect those neat vintage Christmas "knee hugger" elves/pixies from the 50's. I have a few of them that my mom gave me, and I found a couple more at an antique shop...but they aren't in that great condition. If any of you happen to have any that you want to get rid of....please let me know. :)

Subject: Re: FreeCycle Trade-Off Thread

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/07/06 at 10:35 pm

come on guys....there have to be things that you would like to list here. ;) :)

I have another one.  Vaughn loves me to read books to him, and we have a lot of books, but we've read them SO many times. SO...if any of you that have kids that are older now, and you have children's books that you don't want anymore...I would gladly take them off of your hands. Any kind really (Golden Books, Disney, etc). I will pay the shipping cost. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/07/06 at 10:37 pm

I would participate, but I can't really! Anybody want an *NSYNC CD?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/07/06 at 10:37 pm

I would participate, but I can't really! Anybody want an *NSYNC CD?

hahaha....hey, I have one too for the taking! ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/07/06 at 10:38 pm

I've never heard of it.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/08/06 at 7:11 am

come on guys....there have to be things that you would like to list here. ;) :)

I have another one.  Vaughn loves me to read books to him, and we have a lot of books, but we've read them SO many times. SO...if any of you that have kids that are older now, and you have children's books that you don't want anymore...I would gladly take them off of your hands. Any kind really (Golden Books, Disney, etc). I will pay the shipping cost. :)
Oh GOD!  PM me your address.  I have TONS of books that, like you, I have read over and over and over again.  Is there anything in particular he likes (i.e. firetrucks, machines, animals)?  My kids have all been "into" different things so we have a plethora of books....

Check for new replies or respond here...