inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I used to like this place more

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 1:25 pm

I'm not so sure if I fit in here anymore.

Subject: Re: I used to like this place more

Written By: spaceace on 11/27/06 at 1:30 pm

I get that way sometimes.  Sometimes I feel like deleting my account and just saying "Awww Screw it!!!".

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 1:35 pm

I get that way sometimes.  Sometimes I feel like deleting my account and just saying "Awww Screw it!!!".

I know what you mean, girl. ;) :)

Thank you, I feel a little better. Karma+1

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/27/06 at 1:36 pm

Yeah, but we're glad you didn't delete.  :)

Written By: spaceace on 11/27/06 at 1:37 pm

Yeah, but we're glad you didn't delete.  :)

Thank you! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/27/06 at 2:05 pm

don't you dare...you are a very cool person! :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/27/06 at 2:11 pm

I think about it sometimes (about leaving), as I know I'd probably not feel so addicted. But then, It would probably give me more time to play on myspace.com, and that is a much more deadlier place to be. At least I "learn" stuff here  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/27/06 at 2:17 pm

I really enjoy being apart of this community...I've made so many good friends here, it's like a neat little support system. I wouldn't say that I am addicted...but I like making it a part of my daily schedule.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/27/06 at 2:18 pm

I really enjoy being apart of this community...I've made so many good friends here, it's like a neat little support system. I wouldn't say that I am addicted...but I like making it a part of my daily schedule.

Completely agree. 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/27/06 at 2:21 pm

Yes, addiction may have been the case when I first started. Now, I am not on here quite as much and I just mainly enjoy seeing other's point of view on here from day to day.

Written By: spaceace on 11/27/06 at 2:24 pm

It's like anything else you do.  You have the good and the bad.  But hey, that's life. :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 2:27 pm

that's life. :)

Yeah i know, more bad then good..

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/27/06 at 2:30 pm

It's like anything else you do.  You have the good and the bad.  But hey, that's life. :)

Exactly.  :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 2:32 pm

Things tend to always be more bad than good for me. Its like I have bad luck or something.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 2:42 pm

I hate everything right now, mang.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 2:46 pm

Sometimes I think I'd have been better off if I was never born at all..

Written By: Tia on 11/27/06 at 2:49 pm

i'm no doctor, but if i had to guess i'd say you're suffering from clinical depression.

imminently treatable, i had it when i was around your age.

Written By: spaceace on 11/27/06 at 2:51 pm

Sometimes I think I'd have been better off if I was never born at all..

NOW STOP THAT!!!  If you weren't here we would be "Dudeless".  Which is a horrible thing to be! :(

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/27/06 at 2:51 pm

I hate everything right now, mang.

What do you hate?

Written By: Gis on 11/27/06 at 2:51 pm

What do you hate?
I believe it's called throwing the toys out of the pram..................

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 2:53 pm

Treatable? I don't want dope, I already have that.  I'm not trying to be argumentative, but my experience with psychiatry has been they do nothing but medicate, and I just have no interest in that.

Whats a pram?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/27/06 at 2:53 pm

I thought so, but, what is the root of the problem? Is it hopelessness?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/27/06 at 2:54 pm

Treatable? I don't want dope, I already have that.  I'm not trying to be argumentative, but my experience with psychiatry has been they do nothing but medicate, and I just have no interest in that.

Whats a pram?

A Baby carriage

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 2:56 pm

NOW STOP THAT!!!  If you weren't here we would be "Dudeless".  Which is a horrible thing to be! :(

Hm, maybe you're right.

What do you hate?

The world, just..everything. Its all been the same tired B.S ever since I was a kid.

I don't get the toys/carriage reference.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/27/06 at 2:57 pm

I thought so, but, what is the root of the problem? Is it hopelessness?

Methinks that's part of it...the other part seems to be a general unwillingness to improve oneself.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/27/06 at 2:58 pm

Hm, maybe you're right.

The world, just..everything. Its all been the same tired B.S ever since I was a kid.

I don't get the toys/carriage reference.

The world is what it is... there's just a time where you have to throw your arms up in the air and say, "Screw the world, I'm going to do my best and live by my convictions, and if a few people don't like me for that - I can't help that."

Written By: spaceace on 11/27/06 at 3:00 pm

I went through this too.  Medicating isn't going to help.  I think what you need is someone who you can talk about ANYTHING to.  The worst thing is probably not fitting in.  God, I hated being a teen.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/06 at 3:01 pm

I understand about not wanting meds. Maybe you need to find someone who is not quick to write out a perscription. You might also try to find something that interests you-some kind of hobby, involvement, etc. etc.

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:03 pm

Methinks that's part of it...the other part seems to be a general unwillingness to improve oneself.

My problems are deeper than just improving oneself. I've lost 50 pounds the last year, and that hasn't really changed anything.

The world is what it is... there's just a time where you have to throw your arms up in the air and say, "Screw the world, I'm going to do my best and live by my convictions, and if a few people don't like me for that - I can't help that."

Well, I've done that several times and I always end up unhappy again anyway, and right back where I started from.

I went through this too.  Medicating isn't going to help.  I think what you need is someone who you can talk about ANYTHING to.  The worst thing is probably not fitting in.  God, I hated being a teen.

This isn't some high school "nodoby likes me" thing, hell, I'm not even in high school. I don't know anybody under 29 in real life at this moment(I said 29 because thats my older brother's age- he is the youngest person I know currently).

Written By: Tia on 11/27/06 at 3:04 pm

i was actually never medicated, and i do think this culture tends to over-medicate -- but if it's that depression that just causes the fog of hopelessness temporary meds can really help just to dispel the cobwebs.

i stopped drinking and toking so much, tried to find areas of focus for life improvement, and after a few months things just started to get better. dunno if it was the measures i took or if it was just passing through adolescence.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:06 pm

I understand about not wanting meds. Maybe you need to find someone who is not quick to write out a perscription. You might also try to find something that interests you-some kind of hobby, involvement, etc. etc.

Cat

Yeah, you're probably right about that. I could use a hobby, finding one I like and can do has been very difficult for me.

i was actually never medicated, and i do think this culture tends to over-medicate -- but if it's that depression that just causes the fog of hopelessness temporary meds can really help just to dispel the cobwebs.

i stopped drinking and toking so much, tried to find areas of focus for life improvement, and after a few months things just started to get better. dunno if it was the measures i took or if it was just passing through adolescence.

Yeah, I hope that my hormones changing back to a normal state will help me feel at least a little better. I'm almost 19 now, so adolesence should be ending for me biologically within the next year or two, shouldn't it?

Written By: Gis on 11/27/06 at 3:08 pm

Ok seriously, from what I have seen of you on these boards I think you could use some anger management. You seem to have an awful lot of anger and agression and I really think it is eating you up. I actually find it disturbing on occassions.You need to find some way to let it go/work it out. I personally think if you can do that the rest will follow.

Written By: Gis on 11/27/06 at 3:09 pm

Absolutely! Quit the smoke if you can I found that made a major difference to me.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/06 at 3:15 pm

Absolutely! Quit the smoke if you can I found that made a major difference to me.
it used to make me very fearful, that stuff. course, um, that was then...

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:19 pm

The smoke doesn't bring me down.

I don't think it keeps me from doing anything either. Hell, I LIKE to work out when I'm stoned.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:23 pm

Ok seriously, from what I have seen of you on these boards I think you could use some anger management. You seem to have an awful lot of anger and agression and I really think it is eating you up. I actually find it disturbing on occassions.You need to find some way to let it go/work it out. I personally think if you can do that the rest will follow.

Yeah.. well a lot of it is leftover from the years during my childhood and adolesence, I was not treated kindly. In high school I got picked on quite a bit, and I always wanted to confront my tormentors but I was never able to because I was too physically afraid of them. I have the fighting skills of a girl, and to top it off I'm a pretty small guy, at 5'7". So its like I had this anger against them I couldn't really do anything about since they could kick my ass. I used to fantasize about carrying a blackjack with me and using that on them, but it was never something I could actually do b/c with the way schools are I'd of been locked up because of zero-tolerance policies on weapons. Yet when my ass was kicked by them, they only got in normal trouble(i.e. just with the school, not the law) because they could do it without a weapon, I could not.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/27/06 at 3:24 pm

Yeah, you're probably right about that. I could use a hobby, finding one I like and can do has been very difficult for me.

Yeah, I hope that my hormones changing back to a normal state will help me feel at least a little better. I'm almost 19 now, so adolesence should be ending for me biologically within the next year or two, shouldn't it?

Well, even though you're 19, I didn't see myself change all that much up until at least last year.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/06 at 3:27 pm

I have the fighting skills of a girl, and to top it off I'm a pretty small guy, at 5'7".
lifting for mass might do you a world of good. i took up weightlifting about ten years ago after it didn't really matter any more and i wish to god i'd done it back in junior high through college when i was the same way -- i was real small and afraid of fighting and if i'd known i had some strength i would have carried myself differently and probably not been messed with as much. 99 times out of a hundred you don't even NEED to fight if you carry yourself like you'd take a chunk out of someone who bothered you, but if you're visibly down on yourself, nervous, and physically feeble, like i was back in those days, people can't resist messin' with ya. i just thought i was cursed with being weak but it turns out you can work on that and improve it.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:31 pm

lifting for mass might do you a world of good. i took up weightlifting about ten years ago after it didn't really matter any more and i wish to god i'd done it back in junior high through college when i was the same way -- i was real small and afraid of fighting and if i'd known i had some strength i would have carried myself differently and probably not been messed with as much. 99 times out of a hundred you don't even NEED to fight if you carry yourself like you'd take a chunk out of someone who bothered you, but if you're visibly down on yourself, nervous, and physically feeble, like i was back in those days, people can't resist messin' with ya. i just thought i was cursed with being weak but it turns out you can work on that and improve it.

Interesting. Weightlifting like that might be something I'll take up one day.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:34 pm

Plus if I get all buff maybe women will notice me. I'm too shy too approach them myself, but maybe if I'm hot I won't need to anymore.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:35 pm

I mean, I do think I have the potential to be seriously hot.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:38 pm

I've got beautiful blue eyes with long lashes, dark eyebrows, pretty good facial structure/cheek bones, i have full pinkish lips(kind of Elvis looking actually)..my chin is a little weak BUT I have the dimple thing going on there(kinda like Ben Affleck, but not as noticeable as his) which some women think is cute..

Plus with long, sexy hair(and I do have nice, thick hair with lots of body) and a nice bod, I'd be pretty damn good looking.

Oh, and I have the secret weapon of course.  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:41 pm

Feel like I'm talking to myself. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 11/27/06 at 3:45 pm

If I might make a suggestion in total seriousness, the inflammatory posts certainly don't help.. I took an anti-weed approach to something awhile back, and your response was "I knew I didn't like you". Now, call me crazy, but those aren't the words of someone trying to fit in.. unless, of course, you're trying to start a weed clique.

Although I see what you're saying, this place is going downhill.

Written By: spaceace on 11/27/06 at 3:46 pm

Actually, you're not.  I had to put some laundry in the dryer.  But I'm still here. :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:48 pm

If I might make a suggestion in total seriousness, the inflammatory posts certainly don't help.. I took an anti-weed approach to something awhile back, and your response was "I knew I didn't like you". Now, call me crazy, but those aren't the words of someone trying to fit in.. unless, of course, you're trying to start a weed clique.

"Anti weed approach" ::) It went deeper than that and you know it. You said you support the law, therefore you support sending people to jail over it. I'm not gonna rip on you for being anti-weed personally, Beth is anti-weed and I don't actively rip on her for it.

Written By: Apricot on 11/27/06 at 3:51 pm

"Anti weed approach" ::) It went deeper than that and you know it. You said you support the law, therefore you support sending people to jail over it. I'm not gonna rip on you for being anti-weed personally, Beth is anti-weed and I don't actively rip on her for it.

I said I support the law.. I'd like to know at what point I said I advocated jailing people for the use of drugs in their private residences. I said that people shouldn't use the drug because it's against the law.. I didn't mention anything about incarceration, I didn't say anything about punishment, I said people should respect the law. Again, call me crazy if I'm going out on a limb here, but that sort of statement shouldn't cause such a divide.

If you'd like to elaborate how it went "deeper" than that, please, I really don't know what you're getting at.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:53 pm

I said I support the law.. I'd like to know at what point I said I advocated jailing people for the use of drugs in their private residences. I said that people shouldn't use the drug because it's against the law.. I didn't mention anything about incarceration, I didn't say anything about punishment, I said people should respect the law. Again, call me crazy if I'm going out on a limb here, but that sort of statement shouldn't cause such a divide.

Well, Andrew and I assumed thats what you meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Written By: spaceace on 11/27/06 at 3:56 pm

I think I'll just leave you two to this discussion.
I'll be around if you need, okay.

Written By: Apricot on 11/27/06 at 3:56 pm

Well, Andrew and I assumed thats what you meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ah, it's alright. Just clarify next time before you get all "AAAHHH!!!", eh? :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:58 pm

Ah, it's alright. Just clarify next time before you get all "AAAHHH!!!", eh? :D

Yeah, guess I need to change my MSN screen name now. ^_^  XD

Written By: Apricot on 11/27/06 at 3:58 pm

On an unrelated note.. is the "NEW" button not working for you anymore? Cause mine's not showing up anymore for the new posts.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 3:59 pm

Nah eets working for me, mang.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 4:01 pm

On an unrelated note, what does everyone think of the terminology "rude ass tittahs"? ;D

Written By: Apricot on 11/27/06 at 4:02 pm

On an unrelated note, what does everyone think of the terminology "rude ass tittahs"? ;D

I like the accent on the last word there.. it looks like it should be followed up with a good 'ah ah ah ah ah' laugh.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 4:06 pm

I like the accent on the last word there.. it looks like it should be followed up with a good 'ah ah ah ah ah' laugh.

Its this thing I came up with of replacing the lasy syllables of nouns with the suffix "-ah", 'ala Cartman from South Park when he says "authoritah".

Hence words such as kittah, puppah, tittah etc.

And you see "rude" in reference to cleavage means thats its very "out there" and visible..as well as supple.

Or like in my sig you can refer to them as "impolite".

Written By: Tia on 11/27/06 at 4:25 pm

I've got beautiful blue eyes with long lashes, dark eyebrows, pretty good facial structure/cheek bones, i have full pinkish lips(kind of Elvis looking actually)..my chin is a little weak BUT I have the dimple thing going on there(kinda like Ben Affleck, but not as noticeable as his) which some women think is cute..

Plus with long, sexy hair(and I do have nice, thick hair with lots of body) and a nice bod, I'd be pretty damn good looking.

Oh, and I have the secret weapon of course.  ;)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vw7NAkjvvU

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/27/06 at 4:25 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vw7NAkjvvU

Frinkily uncanny.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 4:30 pm

Frinkily uncanny.

Huh? What is it? I have dial-up, I can't watch that.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/06 at 4:33 pm

Huh? What is it? I have dial-up, I can't watch that.
the most unbelievably dreamy footage of david gilmour you can possibly imagine. *I* pretty much fell in love at first sight. ;D

rick wright tries to keep up at the end but fails.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/27/06 at 4:34 pm

the most unbelievably dreamy footage of david gilmour you can possibly imagine. *I* pretty much fell in love at first sight. ;D

Tia now sits seething with jealously.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/06 at 4:36 pm

:P I don't think this is a place where you really "fit in". It's a place where you leave comments and watch other people leave comments.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/27/06 at 5:13 pm

Why?

I'm lost as to what David Gilmour has to do with me.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/06 at 5:18 pm

now, now, tia. you're pretty too.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/06 at 6:13 pm

I love this place like family,We all have our ups and downs but for me I don't want a certain situation to get out of hand If you know what I mean.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/27/06 at 6:39 pm

Why?

I'm lost as to what David Gilmour has to do with me.

Nevermind.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/06 at 6:42 pm

Maybe It's time to move on from here?  ??? :(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/27/06 at 6:44 pm

Maybe It's time to move on from here?  ??? :(

No Howard.....we don't want you to leave.  :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/27/06 at 6:45 pm

I think he was suggesting Alex leave?

Written By: Howard on 11/27/06 at 6:45 pm

I know I just get overexcited,That's all.No hard feelings  :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/27/06 at 6:46 pm

I think he was suggesting Alex leave?

Oh, I thought he was referring to himself.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/06 at 6:56 pm

Oh, I thought he was referring to himself.

In A Way I was for the evening.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/27/06 at 8:45 pm

That's what I did back in July, but in 2 days I came back cause I just couldn't stay away lol.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/27/06 at 9:45 pm

72 posts in one day?  I hope it wasn't all cruel  ;D, seriously when I saw this thread, I thought Oh Boy, here we go. the door is open. So today was quite a rollercaoster ride, the feelings going up and down and yet it's just another day in the life.  don't let it get you down.  8)

Written By: KKay on 11/27/06 at 9:49 pm

I like it at different times.  I like it now, when few members are around and i can reply to posts without interruption.  I also like when there is banter going like rifle fire...
this is nice right now.

Written By: Apricot on 11/27/06 at 9:50 pm

That's what I did back in July, but in 2 days I came back cause I just couldn't stay away lol.

Donnie Darko once had a hiatus that lasted 45 minutes. ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 11/27/06 at 10:27 pm

Donnie Darko once had a hiatus that lasted 45 minutes. ;D

;D

Written By: Tia on 11/27/06 at 10:34 pm

72 posts in one day?  I hope it wasn't all cruel  ;D, seriously when I saw this thread, I thought Oh Boy, here we go. the door is open. So today was quite a rollercaoster ride, the feelings going up and down and yet it's just another day in the life.  don't let it get you down.  8)
i keep waiting for that "where's the debate" thread mushroom started to get heated up and rolling. that's gonna be a mosh pit!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/06 at 10:36 pm

I still like this place.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/28/06 at 12:48 am

If the original poster hasn't seen "The Big Lebowski", he owes it to himself to see it.  But in honor of the original poster's nickname, even if not necessarily of the original poster, and since nobody else has said it yet:

"Fsck it.  Dude, let's go bowling."

Written By: Davester on 11/28/06 at 2:56 am

Hey all..!  :)

What's to fit in, man..?  This is all an illusion.  Sort of like the Matrix...

Sometimes when I look at my 'puter, it looks back...

Urm, uh...yeah...

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/06 at 3:18 am

I still like this place, and I enjoy coming here regularly. 

This is the only high traffic 80s related messageboard on the internet (I know, I've spent a long time looking all across the 'net)

Written By: Howard on 11/28/06 at 1:39 pm

I still like this place after 5 years being here.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...