inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: U.S. woman listed as world's oldest person dies at 116

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/06 at 3:03 pm

MEMPHIS, Tennessee: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Bolden, recognized as the world's oldest person, died early Monday, the administrator of the nursing home where she lived said Monday. She was 116.

Bolden was born Aug. 15, 1890, according to the Gerontology Research Group, a Los Angeles-based organization that tracks the ages of the world's oldest people.

Guinness World Records recognized Bolden as the oldest person in August after the death of Maria Ester de Capovilla of Ecuador, who previously was listed as the oldest.

Bolden had lived at the Mid-South Health and Rehabilitation Center nursing home for several years until her death, said the center's administrator, Charlotte Pierce. She died at about 2 a.m. EST (0700 GMT) Monday, said Pierce.
Bolden suffered a stroke in 2004, and her family said she spoke little after that and slept most of the day.

Family members said she had 40 grandchildren, 75 great-grandchildren, 150 great-great-grandchildren, 220 great-great-great grandchildren and 75 great-great-great-great grandchildren.

Subject: Re: U.S. woman listed as world's oldest person dies at 116

Written By: Howard on 12/11/06 at 4:00 pm

She must've had a secret to be living that long. :o

Written By: danootaandme on 12/11/06 at 4:06 pm

That puts me one notch closer to the title  ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/11/06 at 4:07 pm

That puts me one notch closer to the title   ::)

What title,Danoota? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 12/11/06 at 4:27 pm

What title,Danoota? ???

Worlds Oldest Person.... Since DC seems to have left us I am currently 00s oldest citizen 

Written By: Howard on 12/11/06 at 4:46 pm

Worlds Oldest Person.... Since DC seems to have left us I am currently 00s oldest citizen 

You're not old. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...