inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Merry Festivus!

Written By: deadrockstar on 12/23/06 at 5:03 pm

I was watching CNN, and I saw that today is Festivus...for the rest of us.  ;D

Subject: Re: Merry Festivus!

Written By: danootaandme on 12/23/06 at 5:04 pm

I am writing down my list of grievances lest I forget some. 

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/23/06 at 6:05 pm

Can we get a pole too?

"George, fight your father!" ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/23/06 at 7:24 pm

Can we get a pole too?

As a matter of fact, yes

Written By: KKay on 12/23/06 at 7:27 pm

Yes, my office had a Festivus sign and a pole and at our party we had the airing of the grievances AND feats of strength- which was thumb wrestling.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/23/06 at 7:39 pm

I got a lotta problems with you people! http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xYk2Y1F5HQAWS.jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=129ufd8p8/EXP=1167010468/**http%3a//static.howstuffworks.com/gif/bw-festivus-1.jpg

Many Christmas's ago, Frank Costanza went to buy a doll for George. There was only one doll left and when he reached for it, so did another man. After struggling for the doll, he thought there could be another way. The doll was destroyed, but out of that, a new holiday was born. It was called Festivus. A Festivus for the rest-iv-us..

Festivus Information:

Celebrated December 23rd each year.
The Meal: What ever you want

During the last few weeks in December when Festivus takes place, families and friends get together at the dinner table and have something called "the Airing of Grievances". Durning this time, we share with family and friends all the ways they had disappointed over the past year

After the Airing of Grievances, we get together right in the same night to do something called "Feats of Strength". This is where the head of the household tests his/her strength with another friend or family member. The great honour is given out to a different person each year

Now for the pole. No it is not a tree. A pole, no decorations. Frank Costanza believes that tinsel is very distracting so there are no decorations. The pole is tall, silver, hollow, long, skinny, and heavy.

thanks for reminding us about Festivus Alex  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...