inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: help! my monitor!

Written By: Tia on 12/25/06 at 6:49 pm

it's screwed up!

on the screen i dont get any reds -- like the hats on the emoticons look black and gretyl's hair in my sig line looks sorta dark blue/purple. when i try to adjust the colors in the display settings in my control panel the setting i assume is supposed to be red looks black, too, but when i bring up the color settings menu in my monitor, the red looks fine -- but it won't let me adjust the green! it only lets me adjust the red and blue.

i was watching a movie in a dark room and i wanted to hit the power button, i think; i missed and hit a bunch of buttons at once, accidentally, and the screen went entirely green. you could still see the picture but the only color was green, it was like black and white. but green. i restarted it and it was better, but as above -- greens and blues but no reds.

my mom's gonna kick my butt! yes, i'm in my 30s and still scared of my mom but trust me -- you would be too if you knew her.

anyone got any idea how to fix this problem?

Subject: Re: help! my monitor!

Written By: esoxslayer on 12/25/06 at 6:53 pm

Blame it on a power surge.....

Seriously...is it an old monitor or a new one??

You may have to go back and find the disc that came with the monitor and go through "set up" procedures....

Written By: Tia on 12/25/06 at 6:58 pm

it's new. it's a decently nice flat screen.

Written By: Davester on 12/25/06 at 7:02 pm

Have you tried Control Panel/Appearance and Themes/ Display and Change Color Quality..? 

Try it and restart...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/28/06 at 2:57 am

If you haven't got it back, you can do a system restore. go to programs, accessories, system tools, systems restore, and then pick an available day from the calendar to restore you PC to, ideally 1 or 2 days before the problem occurred. and then let it restore your system to that date and time, however any new programs or files from current day, back to the date you restore will be lost. You can probably restore it to the day before  you f*cked it up  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...