inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How random can it get?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/06 at 12:42 pm

Ok....so, Christmas Eve night Chris and I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep...so I watched TV for awhile.  I realized that I had left our Christmas lights on outside (and it was like 2 am). So...I came downstairs and looked out the window first (a habit of mine)....and saw something sitting on the front porch, right at the top of the steps. It looked like a package or something.  So, I opened the door and stepped out on the porch, and realized that it was a myriad of canned vegetables. Someone put canned veggies on our front porch...and I have NO idea who, and NO idea why. It was extremely random....and needless to say, I won't be eating them....I am too paranoid to do something like that. ???

Subject: Re: How random can it get?

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/26/06 at 12:53 pm

Oh, but what if they spent money on them... And they're safe!? D=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/06 at 12:54 pm

Oh, but what if they spent money on them... And they're safe!? D=

well, then they should have left a note with it, stating who it was from. I don't trust eating something that was dropped off on my porch by a random person.  And, I have a slight idea who it might have been, and if I am correct in my judgement....it isn't a positive thing. :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/26/06 at 12:55 pm

well, then they should have left a note with it, stating who it was from. I don't trust eating something that was dropped off on my porch by a random person.  And, I have a slight idea who it might have been, and if I am correct in my judgement....it isn't a positive thing. :-\\

=o! Iraqi terrorists!?

Written By: Tam on 12/26/06 at 12:56 pm

That is truly bizarre.
Question - are any of the cans damaged or opened? Not saying you should trust them, but if they are in fine condition, then I would in turn take them to a homeless shelter. However, if they are damaged and don't look right... I would either report it to the authorities or chuck them in the trash~ ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/06 at 1:00 pm

That is truly bizarre.
Question - are any of the cans damaged or opened? Not saying you should trust them, but if they are in fine condition, then I would in turn take them to a homeless shelter. However, if they are damaged and don't look right... I would either report it to the authorities or chuck them in the trash~ ;)

they seem like they are in good condition. It's just so strange. I mean....canned vegetables.  At first I thought that maybe Chris' mom dropped them off (it wouldn't surprise me for her to do something like that)...but we called her and she said that she didn't. I just don't get it.

Written By: Tam on 12/26/06 at 1:02 pm

they seem like they are in good condition. It's just so strange. I mean....canned vegetables.  At first I thought that maybe Chris' mom dropped them off (it wouldn't surprise me for her to do something like that)...but we called her and she said that she didn't. I just don't get it.

Stranger things have happened! Maybe there is a neighbor just watching out for you, or someone else received them and felt the same way so passed them on to you! At any rate, there are Guardian Angels all around this time of year... pass them on like a Hot Potato!

;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/06 at 1:03 pm

Stranger things have happened! Maybe there is a neighbor just watching out for you, or someone else received them and felt the same way so passed them on to you! At any rate, there are Guardian Angels all around this time of year... pass them on like a Hot Potato!

;D

my MIL already said that she would take them, she'll put them to good use. The only thing I am hoping is that it wasn't my ex that put them there. I haven't seen or heard from him in years...but that's something that he would totally do....and if that's the case, then he now knows where I live. :-\\

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/26/06 at 1:30 pm

my MIL already said that she would take them, she'll put them to good use. The only thing I am hoping is that it wasn't my ex that put them there. I haven't seen or heard from him in years...but that's something that he would totally do....and if that's the case, then he now knows where I live. :-\\

And where I work.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/06 at 1:31 pm

And where I work.

it better not have been him, that's all I have to say. I don't know who else it could have been though. ???

Written By: Gis on 12/26/06 at 1:51 pm

Well we just got back from my parents house and some of our front fence is missing! Not kicked down, or broken off but neatly unscrewed and taken away!?! 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/06 at 9:12 pm

Well we just got back from my parents house and some of our front fence is missing! Not kicked down, or broken off but neatly unscrewed and taken away!?! 

wow, that is really odd, isn't it? :o ???

Written By: La Roche on 12/26/06 at 9:20 pm

A friend of mine dug a hole to put a new tree in. Quite a large tree, about 12 feet tall.

He went inside to get some gloves. He was inside 2 minutes, he swears. He came back outside, the tree was gone. No sign of it, just gone.  ;D ;D

Written By: Gis on 12/27/06 at 3:20 am

A friend of mine dug a hole to put a new tree in. Quite a large tree, about 12 feet tall.

He went inside to get some gloves. He was inside 2 minutes, he swears. He came back outside, the tree was gone. No sign of it, just gone.  ;D ;D
That's mad!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/27/06 at 3:27 am

that's too bad Gis. they stole your fence?  the lengths people will go to never surprise me, but this one did. sorry to hear that.  :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/27/06 at 3:29 am

I'm totally suspicious of stuff like that, especially with no note. that's weirdly random  :o but maybe it was someone just being nice. check the dates on the cans too, make sure they're not expired  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 12/27/06 at 6:19 am

That's mad!

Yeah. I mean.. if there were branches and stuff going down the road you could think maybe somebody just dragged it away, or a few people carried it away.. but no, nothing. It would never fit in any normal car.. and not most pickup trucks. You'd need a van really. Probably pikeys.

Written By: Gis on 12/27/06 at 8:27 am

I just rang our agency to report the fence. I explained it was gone, not kicked down or broken but neatly unscrewed and the lad on the phone is like 'so basically you're someone has nicked it?'  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...