inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: You have Photoshop? Wanna help me?

Written By: Tam on 01/01/07 at 9:09 pm

Here is the deal.
I have several pictures that I want to convert to sepia or design things around them or do some sort of crazy, fun loving stuff to. They will be used on myspace and to send to hubby. My problem is that I do not have Photoshop. I only have this Mr. Presto thing that has cool effects and such but nothing can really be done to the pics. And my OLD photoshop is on the OLD computer which is a dinosaur and takes about 30 minutes just to pull up the dang picture!! ;D

If you have photoshop and the time, (I say the time because it could take a bit to do some of the things I would like done lol) just let me know. I would truly appreciate help from anyone. Doesn't have to be one person, can be many. I am open to your ideas as well. This means so much to me and I hate that I don't have photoshop!!!

Let me know! I appreciate it!

Tam

Subject: Re: You have Photoshop? Wanna help me?

Written By: Apricot on 01/01/07 at 10:33 pm

I've heard Gimp works well for this stuff, but the install looked complicated from the site.

Written By: whistledog on 01/01/07 at 10:44 pm

I've heard Gimp works well for this stuff, but the install looked complicated from the site.

I have the Gimp.  It is a very confusing program.  I only use it to resize and crop animated avatars ;D

Written By: Tam on 01/02/07 at 12:15 pm

I have heard of gimp and did a little research... not sure if I want to attempt this.
If whistledog says it is hard then oh my goodness!!! :o

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 01/05/07 at 4:43 am

download the free ULEAD photo editor. Its a really user friendly program and can do sepia tints as well as all sorts of coloured tints and adding textures etc.

Its a breeze compared to Photoshop and a much smaller less intensive program. Most computers can handle it.

Another freebie is IRFANVIEW - again a much smaller program than photoshop.  You cant click on a sepia button in it but you can drag the three colour sliders until you reach a sepia like shade that you like.

Check for new replies or respond here...