inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I am a Soldier's Wife... and PROUD of it!

Written By: Tam on 01/04/07 at 11:48 pm

I figured I should use this thread that I already started, instead of starting a new one. It isn't an "ask" thread, but you can if you wish. I added the original text again, the server crash caused quite a bit of it to be lost. An update: hubby was just here on his 18 days R&R (leave) and it was a great time. Of course, he has gone back again, so I resume life as I have come to know it.

If you feel the need to express your dislike of this so-called war, please do so. This isn't in the politics board because I tend to get one-sided when it comes to Soldiers and I forget to remain open minded. If you feel the need to send love and wishes, please do so as well. If you could care less, then just don't post cause I really don't need nor want to read mundane posts.

This was wrote on November 7, 2006.
A few friends on here thought it was a good idea to post it here, since it is already on my blog on myspace.
I know it helped me to write it, and has helped a few other people to see a different side of things...

So, I am just going to start typing and see where it takes me. It has been a few days since my husband left on his second tour to Iraq. A few of you already know this, and for those who didn't.... I will apologize. Everyone deals with things in their own way, and for me it was to just let a chosen few in. Most times I appear to be the outgoing person, the one who is more than willing to always help and you would think that I would receive the same treatment in return – but I don't like to show my weaknesses.

So, life commences as usual. I go through my regular daily routine. Some things change though. I don't watch the news anymore. I fear that if I turn it on I will end up glued to it like I did last time. The news only ever portrays the negative and never the positive. It has a way of seeping into you and making you solely thrive on what bad news they have to offer. The news SUCKS!

It is harder to make meals in the house now. With Hubby here before, I would have to prepare a meal for 5. With two giant men in the house I could cook all day, every day. Now it is just The Son and I and cooking smaller portions is hard on me. I can do it and will continue to do it, but like everything else….. it SUCKS! The Son tries to help out and I appreciate it – but there is only so much that I have taught him to cook. I guess this is another opportunity to teach him some more recipes.

I get up in the mornings and do normal things. I shower (which we all know must be done) and I find myself using hubbys' shower gel… just so I can smell like him. This is where I do most of my crying. I don't have to worry about people seeing me or judging me while I am showering. I let go every day of everything that slowly piles up on me. I even use his shave gel that has been left behind…. Just like me. I haven't washed the towel he last used – can't let go of the smell just yet.

I stay logged into my yahoo messenger, hoping upon hope that he will soon be online. Of course, I haven't seen him yet. I don't turn the computer off at night anymore either – for fear of missing him. I stay as close as I can to any possible contact from him – because that is how an Army Wife gets through her day.

The Son and I watch our favorite television programs. I record hubbys' shows for him with the DVD recorder. I have started recording our old home videos too from the camcorder. I'll send them to him so that he has that little part of home with him while he is away. I'll probably record a message myself and let Mike record one too. Any type of contact we can get to him will mean so much.

The Son hangs out in the den now more than he ever did. The den is also known as "The Man Room." When hubby was in Iraq last time, I remodeled it. All the walls are sports posters, jersey's, action figures and all of our DVD's and home theater system. On a normal day, that's where you would find hubby. Days aren't normal now, so instead you will find The Son down there, watching tv or movies, being as close to his Dad as he can get.

Our dog Daisy knows something is up as well. She has gotten more protective, barking at everyone who walks up to the front of the house. Even people she has known for what seems like forever. She sleeps in the bed with me all night now too. Before we had Daisy, I would pile all the pillows in the house next to me in bed, cover them with the blankets and snuggle into them as if they were hubby. I don't have to do that anymore because Daisy is my companion.

I had to change the sheets on the bed, so once in a while I now spray hubbys' cologne on the pillows… to smell him and dream of him. I sleep in his boxers and t-shirt and pretend while falling asleep that he is in fact in my arms. One more thing that I try to do to keep sane.

I watch my bulletins more now on myspace, because hubby has posted those instead of direct messages. I now know that he has safely made it into Iraq, so my daily worries have begun. It is funny, no matter where they tell you your husband is going to be and how safe or unsafe it is, there is that part in your heart that just won't let up. I could never truly imagine what he has to go through every day, nor do I think I would ever want to know what he has had to do. I didn't ask questions last time and I wont ask questions this time.

Sometimes I think I am not a strong person but then I realize that I am. I may not feel like it all the time, but as they days go by I get to feeling as close to normalcy as possible. It does take a strong person to marry a Soldier. It also takes a strong faith and commitment and willingness to do it to help you get through.

I have only had 3 phone calls from people who think they are saying the right thing, and they really weren't. The worst part is when they say they understand when they have absolutely no idea what a spouse or the soldiers families are going through. I have learned though to just say thank you to those people, instead of going off on a tirade.

To all my friends and family who are going through this same thing with me, I send my love and understanding. We will overcome. To those who have sent their well wishes and thoughts and prayers, I say Thank You. I also ask that you keep each and every single Soldier in your hearts and prayers as they need all the support they can get.

You can sleep well, safe and free because my Husband is protecting you and yours.

Subject: Re: A glimpse in my life.....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/04/07 at 11:49 pm

^applause!  This is really touching Tam...I remember when I read that the first time...it really made me think.

Written By: Jessica on 01/04/07 at 11:49 pm

I read this awhile back and it brought tears to my eyes. It still does. Hugs to you, my dear.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/04/07 at 11:49 pm

Was your husband drafted, or did he choose to go? :P Call me naive, but I don't know much about this war... or country.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/04/07 at 11:50 pm

Was your husband drafted, or did he choose to go? :P Call me naive, but I don't know much about this war... or country.

There hasn't been a draft since like 1973 in Vietnam.

Written By: Jessica on 01/04/07 at 11:51 pm

Ladies and gentleman.....our future! :D

By the way, the draft doesn't exist anymore.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/04/07 at 11:51 pm

By the way, the draft doesn't exist anymore.

Woop! That answers my question.

Written By: Jessica on 01/04/07 at 11:52 pm

Woop! That answers my question.

You are one funny kid. Don't ever change. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/04/07 at 11:52 pm

Muahaha... I'mma prove that you can be stupid and live a normal-ish life!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/04/07 at 11:52 pm

There's no draft, Meat.

I sympathize with you Tam and I will send warm thoughts to you and your family...hopefully whatever little we do here will help you through the day :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/04/07 at 11:52 pm

You are one funny kid. Don't ever change. ;D

Oh, and thanks.

Written By: Tam on 01/04/07 at 11:53 pm

He is enlisted, and chooses to be an Army man. ;)

Written By: Gis on 01/05/07 at 9:10 am

Karma to you sweetie, hang in there.

One of my most abiding memories of my younger childhood was the upset of my Dad going away and then the excitment when he came back. He always sent us loads of postcards which we would stick in an album and then Mum would tell us about the country where he was. I never forget this one time when I was about 6 and was very very sick. I woke up one morning and there was this card and a Speedy Gonzales Toy saying 'Make a Speedy recovery' from my Dad. I thought he had been all the way home to see me and then gone again by magic! Turns out my Mum had sent him a telegram about me being so ill and he had got the present to me via another aircraft (He was in the R.A.F)that was on it's way back.
I asked my Mum recently how on earth she managed with him away so much and no phone, email, nothing apart from letters to keep in touch by. She said she just did but having us kids helped because it meant she had to have a routine through the day. She said she knew it was going to be hard from the start, he was in the R.A.F when the met, but she loved him so she married him. I'm guessing it's the same for you. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/05/07 at 9:13 am

Love > all :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/05/07 at 9:40 am

Tam,  I truly cannot imagine what it's like to have your hubby in Iraq.  Mine travels alot, but I always know he'll be home in a few days.  You ARE a strong person and I admire you.  I don't think I could handle it, but please know that we are all here for you whenever you need us. :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/05/07 at 11:40 am

Wow!!  Thank you for posting this and thank you to your husband.  I can not imagine what you're going through. 

My prayers are with you and your husband. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/05/07 at 11:58 am

You, along with every family member of the men & women over there are VERY BRAVE!  And I applaud you. I will not pretend that I know what you are going through but if you ever need to talk, you know where to find me. (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/05/07 at 12:14 pm

Your husband is very lucky to have such a loving and supportive family, Tam.  Karma to you for being an incredibly strong woman through all of this.  :)

Written By: Tam on 01/05/07 at 12:18 pm

I thank you all for reading my thread. And I thank you for all of your kind remarks, encouraging words and prayers.

I want it to be known that I didn't post this for a pity party and such. I posted it because although there are a ton of Military Spouses, not everyone knows one, and sometimes it helps others get through when they read that someone else has it just a little bit harder than they do.

I fell in love with my husband when he was out of the Army. He re-enlisted before we got married, and knowing full well what it meant, I married him anyway. I would not trade a single moment in for anything. One thing that really irks me is, there are some Military Spouses who blame the current leadership for making their spouses go overseas and they fail to realize that they married a Military Soldier who chose to sign on the dotted line! They complain all the time and of course the ones that cheat lay blame on the Military for taking their spouse away - instead of laying blame on themselves.

I do not blame anyone. I try not to complain so much. (Sure, there are times when I do, but it is mostly to myself or my son.) My husband is a very Patriotic man who loves his job and loves his Country. I love him so that means I have to make this work. I support him 110% and I do everything within my power to make sure that he doesn't have to worry about anything back here while he is on tour. This is the life I chose, so it is the life I live.

Sorry for spewing that all out! I just get fired up about it and it honestly makes me sick anymore when I hear people raggin on the Military Service Members. Some people need to be reminded that they are following orders that have been given to them. Whether a soldier agrees with the current situation or not, they have to do what they have been ordered to do.

That being said, I am done for now. (Didn't really want to get all political and I hope I haven't too much.)
Again, I thank each and every one of your kind words. It means so much when most times there is nothing but negativity surrounding us! ;)

Written By: Abix on 01/05/07 at 1:34 pm

Tam, I'm going out on a limb here, and I don't want to say the wrong thing..
I know it's your husband's profession and he is doing his job, by going over to Iraq. But media, government, all that aside... don't you wish your husband were home safe with you?  I do. and I'll keep him in my prayers. He's doing his job being over there, and I respect him for that . But I hope he gets home safe and sound soon.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/05/07 at 2:51 pm

Wow Tam.  Thank you so much for sharing this with us.  I think that most people support the troops, and pray for their safe return, but they have no idea what it's really like for them or for the people they leave behind.  We all need to see this - to know what it's really like.  We may never fully understand, but at least we'll have a glimpse into the reality of so many brave men and women.  My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband, and all of our soldiers.  Thank you again for telling your story.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/herz.gif

Written By: Dagwood on 01/05/07 at 6:48 pm

Tam, that brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you for your sacrifice to keep us safe.  Big hugs to you.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/05/07 at 11:12 pm

I now know that he has safely made it into Iraq, so my daily worries have begun. It is funny, no matter where they tell you your husband is going to be, and how safe or unsafe it is, there is that part in your heart that just won't let up. I could never truly imagine what he has to go through every day, nor do I think I would ever want to know what he has had to do. I didn't ask questions last time and I wont ask questions this time.

Sometimes I think I am not a strong person but then I realize that I am. I may not feel like it all the time, but as they days go by I get to feeling as close to normalcy as possible. It does take a strong person to marry a Soldier. It also takes a strong faith and commitment and willingness to do it to help you get through.

To all my friends and family who are going through this same thing with me, I send my love and understanding. We will overcome. To those who have sent their well wishes and thoughts and prayers, I say Thank You. I also ask that you keep each and every single Soldier in your hearts and prayers as they need all the support they can get.

Thanks for sharing something so personal Tam.  As your friend and fellow board member I also send love and well wishes and hopefully some understanding, and will continue to keep your husband in my prayers.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/07/07 at 3:05 am

A few friends on here thought it was a good idea to post it here, since it is already on my blog on myspace.
I know it helped me to write it, and has helped a few other people to see a different side of things...

Yeah that was really touching. :)

I commend you for being strong enough to share your feelings (I'm not sure I could do it as well if I were in your position). While I can't pretend to know what you're going through from personal experience, I can certainly empathize. I'm glad everything has been well so far for him. Good for him for doing what he is too.

Best wishes to all you guys.

Subject: Re: A glimpse in my life.....UPDATE

Written By: Tam on 05/17/07 at 11:50 am

I just wanted to give y'all a bit of an update, and this will also explain why I haven't been on the boards so much.

My husband is currently somewhere in Germany, at one of the bases.
He was flown there a week ago last Monday.
He thought he had the flu for a while, but then it turned nasty.

They flew him out because he had a fever of 105.4 and was pretty much delusional.
Initially, they thought he had malaria, which scared the crap out of me, but it turns out that he has pneumonia, has probably had it for over a month. The pneumonia caused dehydration, which caused muscle failure, which then caused kidney problems.

He is on the fast track to recovery though.

Imagine my surprise to know that soldiers can end up with pneumonia over there, not to mention the many other ailments readily available.

Thanks again everyone, for all your support and prayers.

Tam

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/07 at 11:57 am

I just wanted to give y'all a bit of an update, and this will also explain why I haven't been on the boards so much.

They flew him out because he had a fever of 105.4 and was pretty much delusional.
Initially, they thought he had malaria, which scared the crap out of me, but it turns out that he has pneumonia, has probably had it for over a month. The pneumonia caused dehydration, which caused muscle failure, which then caused kidney problems.

Imagine my surprise to know that soldiers can end up with pneumonia over there, not to mention the many other ailments readily available.

Tam

I'm sorry to hear this but I am happy to hear that he is on the road to recovery. He is going to come home soon? If you ever need to talk, you know where to find me. ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/07 at 12:32 pm

Tam

I'm so glad that he is recovering Tam....please keep us updated!! :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/17/07 at 2:52 pm

Tam,
Good to hear he's on the mend.  I'll keep both of you in my thoughts.

K

Written By: danootaandme on 05/17/07 at 3:27 pm

So glad it isn't a tragic story.  So glad he is out of harms way.  Maybe he will get to come home for a while.  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/17/07 at 4:12 pm

Best wishes to him (and you guys!)  :-*

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/17/07 at 4:17 pm

Aww Tam Tam i was wondering where you were! Hope he gets well too, oh and in Germany he'll get the best treatment,so don't worry :)

Written By: whistledog on 05/17/07 at 4:30 pm

It is good to hear he is on the road to recovery!  Best wishes :)

Written By: Gis on 05/17/07 at 4:57 pm

I'm also so glad to hear your news, hugs to you and yours. Now tell me was this a case of a typical bloke ignoring symptoms until it became pneumonia??

Will he be sent home on recovery?

Written By: La Roche on 05/17/07 at 5:43 pm

Hey.

I would assume he's at Landstuhl. That's the nearest Army hospital to Rammstein which is probably where they flew him in to.

I can't imagine not being told these kind of things, but still, the facilities around there are absolutely top notch.

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/17/07 at 6:18 pm

Coming from a former military member, I do hope for his safe return.  Although, we all know my view on this war from the politics and religion board, I still and will always support the military. 

The draft doesn't exist anymore?  Then why do males still have to sign up for selective service?  Its still out there, just needs the go ahead.

Im sure there are alot of people who try to place blame on something else because they are scared.  There is nothing wrong with that.  People handle stress in different ways.  I am glad to see you are so strong in these hard times and I hope for the best.

My thoughts and wishes go out with you and your husbands safe return.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/17/07 at 6:32 pm

I'm glad he's getting the medical care he needs and I wish him a speedy recovery and safe passage to wherever he may go next.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/17/07 at 6:36 pm

Best wishes to hubby Tam, and thanks for the updated glimpse. support and prayers to you, your family. glad to hear he's on the road to recovery

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 05/17/07 at 7:39 pm

{{{{Tam}}}}

My best wishes to you and yours. I'm glad things are improving at this point. Hopefully everything will right itself in the near future, including us being graced with even more of your presence. :)

All my best, all the time.

Written By: Tam on 05/17/07 at 9:45 pm

Thanks so much y'all. I appreciate all your kind words and thoughts.

Gis - he had been going to the aid station, and they kept telling him it was the flu. To drink lots of fluids and such. ::)

Davey - I do in fact know where he is, but of course you know how we are - can't be putting out the info ;) and he is getting the best care possible.

Danoota - he will still get his regular EML (or r&r if you will) but right now they are keeping him to ensure he fully recovers from the pneumonia.
Sad thing - he was supposed to be home right now, but I am thankful that when he does come home he will be healthy and I won't have to worry about possibly taking him to the hospital here.

Semper - because I haven't been here all that much lately, I haven't actually read any of your posts. No matter your stance on the situation, I thank you for still supporting the troops! I stay strong because I know there are people still out there who support them no matter what they are 'told' to do. I married him knowing he was a Soldier and a Patriot, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 8)

Again, I thank each and every one of you. Karma +1 as well.

Written By: La Roche on 05/17/07 at 9:52 pm

Davey - I do in fact know where he is, but of course you know how we are - can't be putting out the info ;) and he is getting the best care possible.

MmmHmm, mum's the word.

Written By: jackas on 05/17/07 at 11:44 pm

Tam, I'm glad to hear your husband is doing better.  I sure hope he gets to come home soon.  And I want to tell you how great I think you are for being such a supportive wife and a great mother.  I just wish more military wives were as awesome as you.

Written By: Gis on 05/18/07 at 1:22 am

Hey.

I would assume he's at Landstuhl. That's the nearest Army hospital to Rammstein.

For a moment there I thought you meant the band!! Now that would hardly aid anyones recovery but I guess at least they'd be warm.  ;D

Tam appologies for maligning your husband, It's just amazing how many men do 'ignore' things until they are so ill they can't any longer!  I bet you can't wait to get him home, I hope it's very, very soon.  :)

Written By: Gis on 05/18/07 at 1:25 am

For those of you not in the know Rammstein are a very loud industrial metal band who are famous for their outrageous pyrotecnics see picture below!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/18/07 at 8:17 am

Thanks so much y'all. I appreciate all your kind words and thoughts.

Gis - he had been going to the aid station, and they kept telling him it was the flu. To drink lots of fluids and such. ::)

Danoota - he will still get his regular EML (or r&r if you will) but right now they are keeping him to ensure he fully recovers from the pneumonia.
Sad thing - he was supposed to be home right now, but I am thankful that when he does come home he will be healthy and I won't have to worry about possibly taking him to the hospital here.

Semper - because I haven't been here all that much lately, I haven't actually read any of your posts. No matter your stance on the situation, I thank you for still supporting the troops! I stay strong because I know there are people still out there who support them no matter what they are 'told' to do. I married him knowing he was a Soldier and a Patriot, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 8)

Again, I thank each and every one of you. Karma +1 as well.
geez, did they think it was the "24 DAY" flu instead of the "24 HOUR" flu? ::)

At least he's now getting the care he needs (and deserves ;))  Here's hoping he gets home soon and 100% better (although, he might "pretend' to be sick just to get some "down home TLC" ;D) :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/07 at 12:02 pm

geez, did they think it was the "24 DAY" flu instead of the "24 HOUR" flu? ::)

At least he's now getting the care he needs (and deserves ;))  Here's hoping he gets home soon and 100% better (although, he might "pretend' to be sick just to get some "down home TLC" ;D) :)

Somehow I don't think he has to pretend to get TLC when he gets home.  ;)

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/18/07 at 1:34 pm

Somehow I don't think he has to pretend to get TLC when he gets home.  ;)

Cat
Good point ;)

Subject: Re: I am a Soldier's Wife... and PROUD of it!

Written By: Tam on 08/02/07 at 1:22 pm

Re-reading this thread has made me love you guys even more!

So hubby obviously fully recovered, although when he does return for good I do have an appointment for him with a specialist because I want to make sure he is 100%!

He was just here for his EML (leave) and we had a blast! They gave him 18 days off instead of the usual 15, because he was extended thus making his tour 15 months instead of 12. (There is still talk of them possibly extending them to 18 months)

We did all kinds of crazy things while he was here. He got to see his beloved Simpsons Movie (groan) and a slew of others. We went out for dinner countless times, and the amazing part was that he was here for our Anniversary! I asked him to re-marry me again, ring and all! It was truly awesome!

The only thing that hurt during his whole time home, was the fact that I was just getting used to him being here again, and then he had to leave. I honestly don't know where I get the extra strength from, but I know my faith keeps me strong.

The pics in my sigline are from when he was home. I have a ton more but I need to upload them.

I updated the firts post in this thread and changed the title, if you have any questions or support oir anything at all (that isn't mundane) please post away!!!!

So much information, so little time!

Tam

Written By: danootaandme on 08/02/07 at 1:26 pm

So happy for you. It must have been great to have him back, and he is soooo good lookin'.  I hope he is back with you for good, well and healthy, real soon.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/02/07 at 1:31 pm

Tam...it sounds like you had a wonderful and very special time. I am so happy for you both. :)

Written By: Tam on 08/02/07 at 1:34 pm

So happy for you. It must have been great to have him back, and he is soooo good lookin'.  I hope he is back with you for good, well and healthy, real soon.   :)

Thanks Girl! He is HOT isn't he? ;D

Should be sometime in '08 that he is back for at least a year - then possibly another deployment! Who knows!!!

Tam...it sounds like you had a wonderful and very special time. I am so happy for you both. :)

Thanks Erin! You know how it goes! xo

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/07 at 1:37 pm

Sounds like you two had a blast while he was on leave.  That re-marrying him part is awesome :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/07 at 2:10 pm

I'm glad you guys had a great time. Hopefully, it won't be too long before he is home to stay.

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/02/07 at 5:32 pm

I'm so happy for you guys,it looks like you had fun :)

It must be so hard to have him gone so much,how do you deal,Tam?

Written By: Tam on 08/02/07 at 11:15 pm

I'm so happy for you guys,it looks like you had fun :)

It must be so hard to have him gone so much,how do you deal,Tam?

Good question. Sometimes I don't even know how I deal - but I do.

I guess it comes down to how much I really love him. There have been days that I have just wanted to throw my hands in the air and say enough, but the thought of him doing this not only for me but for everyone else too makes me shut up and carry on. I can say one thing for sure.... I have learned patience and self sacrifice. I have learned that just when you think you can't take anymore, you actually can. I have learned that friends are not always as they appear and your gossip high school days are not necessarily behind you. But most of all I have learned to trust my instincts and stand up for myself, even when the Army tells you that you were not 'issued' to your Soldier.

Not to mention that the added bonus is knowing all you peeps who help to keep my sanity levels in check! ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/03/07 at 2:02 am

Spending that time with hubby must have been like water on dry ground Tam. I'm sure you needed it and he did too & you both soaked it up. & you guys re-did the marriage thingee :D  I bet that was a bit special. we renewed our vows about 4-5 years ago. Congrats  :)

Written By: Gis on 08/03/07 at 6:01 am

Thanks Girl! He is HOT isn't he? ;D

Should be sometime in '08 that he is back for at least a year - then possibly another deployment! Who knows!!!

Thanks Erin! You know how it goes! xo
I read that as then possibly another development and thought 'Oh yes what is she not telling us??'  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/07 at 12:32 pm

Good question. Sometimes I don't even know how I deal - but I do.

I guess it comes down to how much I really love him. There have been days that I have just wanted to throw my hands in the air and say enough, but the thought of him doing this not only for me but for everyone else too makes me shut up and carry on. I can say one thing for sure.... I have learned patience and self sacrifice. I have learned that just when you think you can't take anymore, you actually can. I have learned that friends are not always as they appear and your gossip high school days are not necessarily behind you. But most of all I have learned to trust my instincts and stand up for myself, even when the Army tells you that you were not 'issued' to your Soldier.

Not to mention that the added bonus is knowing all you peeps who help to keep my sanity levels in check! ;)

I have learned over the years, that when the s**t hits the fan, you discover who your REAL friends are. There are many "fair weather" friends (as one of my best friends calls them) but TRUE friends will stick with you when the weather is nasty.

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/03/07 at 2:19 pm

I take it he said "Yes" ;)

I'm so happy for you.  I couldn't imagine hubby being gone for that long at a time.  Yes, he's usually on the road for work, but I at least have the comfort of knowing he's home almost every weekend and isn't in any type of danger.  I truly applaud you for your strength and commitment :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/07 at 2:27 pm

I take it he said "Yes" ;)

I'm so happy for you.  I couldn't imagine hubby being gone for that long at a time.  Yes, he's usually on the road for work, but I at least have the comfort of knowing he's home almost every weekend and isn't in any type of danger.  I truly applaud you for your strength and commitment :)

I agree. I have only been away from Carlos for about 2 weeks in the last 10 years. 1 week when his mother died, and another week when my BIL died. Those were the longest weeks of my life. I can't not imagine being away from him for any length of time.

I too, applaud you Tam for your courage & strength.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/03/07 at 3:52 pm

Tam, I just don't know how you do it - I am really in awe of you and all of the other military spouses out there.  You guys are in my thoughts and prayers all the time!!

Written By: Tia on 08/03/07 at 5:00 pm

Call me naive, but I don't know much about this war... or country.
our country is that big pretty yellow one right in the middle of the map. it's got that little phallic looking thing hanging off of it.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/03/07 at 7:26 pm

our country is that big pretty yellow one right in the middle of the map. it's got that little phallic looking thing hanging off of it.

On me map, it's multicolored. It's got about fifty patches of colors, it seems.

Written By: Tam on 08/03/07 at 7:45 pm

Tam, I just don't know how you do it - I am really in awe of you and all of the other military spouses out there.  You guys are in my thoughts and prayers all the time!!

Thanks Girl.
It's not always butterflies and roses - but sometimes it is rather easy to turn a pile of crap into a beautiful sculpture! ;) ;D

Written By: Tia on 08/04/07 at 4:57 am

On me map, it's multicolored. It's got about fifty patches of colors, it seems.
sounds about right. although make sure you don't let on you know too much about geography, you might get drafted as a military strategist. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...