inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: School

Written By: Echo Nomad on 01/08/07 at 12:20 am

School

Subject: Re: Getting in Trouble at School

Written By: Jessica on 01/08/07 at 12:23 am

The homework thing. I hated it. I also got suspensions and Saturday school for ditching class. Good thing they never smelled my water bottle.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/08/07 at 12:24 am

I got into a couple fights...didn't affect my grades none.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/08/07 at 12:24 am

The only thing I ever got in trouble for was talking during lectures.  I never had issues with homework or grades.  I was a perfectionist smarty-pants.

Written By: Davester on 01/08/07 at 12:33 am

Getting in Trouble at School
What were the things you did in school that got you in trouble, if at all?
--------
For me it was for not doing my homework time and time again. Guess it was because I thought that once school was over, it was over. I didn't care for school that much and continuing it into my free time wasn't all that appealing.

In grade school I usually got in trouble for not completing homework assignments.  Talking in class and sometimes for fighting...

In high school for cutting class...

College, no problem...

In grade school we'd get swats on the butt with a wooden paddle...

Written By: Brian06 on 01/08/07 at 12:42 am

I always missed my homework. lol.

Written By: whistledog on 01/08/07 at 12:52 am

The only thing I can recall was Grade 5 when my (then) best friend dared me to urinate in the teacher's tea kettle.  The strange thing is that I don't really remember how I was punished for that

Written By: Brian06 on 01/08/07 at 12:54 am

I used get in fights when we lined up shortest to tallest, I would argue with other kids that I was taller than them. lmao.  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/07 at 11:15 am

I was constantly in trouble for talking in class, passing notes, or ditching. 

Written By: tv on 01/08/07 at 12:06 pm

I got in trouble once in my junior year of high school for throwing food at somebody and got after school detention for it. I think that the only time I got in trouble in school ever. Once or twice I had a teacher call my parents because I didn;t my homework but thats nothing major.

Written By: La Roche on 01/08/07 at 12:36 pm

Mainly fighting and just not turning up.

Written By: KKay on 01/08/07 at 12:54 pm

lots of troulbe in grade school for talking. but it was to be helpful! honest!  telling the new kid where we go, asking someone if they knew a page number....
later, in high school, i had so many absences i needed to sign in at the counselor's office each time to show i was there.  I also was making xeroxed schedule cards so i ha d a bunch of different ones with my name on it, but lunch at different times ...that was i was 'legally" hanging out outside for about 5 hours aday.
other than that, i had no trouble. no fights, nothing.

Written By: spaceace on 01/08/07 at 1:15 pm

Funny story.  Back in fifth grade I would sit on one of my feet.  (Kind of like a half kneeling position)  The teacher called my Mother and accused me of masterbating.  My Mom's response to her was . . . "You're a Nun, what would you know about masterbation?" 

The other things,  not doing homework, ditching class.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/07 at 1:44 pm

Funny story.   Back in fifth grade I would sit on one of my feet.  (Kind of like a half kneeling position)  The teacher called my Mother and accused me of masterbating.  My Mom's response to her was . . . "You're a Nun, what would you know about masterbation?" 

The other things,  not doing homework, ditching class.

I sit like that pretty much all the time...wish I knew how to work that out...  :D

Written By: La Roche on 01/08/07 at 2:12 pm

In 11th Grade I got called in because my attendance rate had slipped below 40% which was apparently the threshold point. (Jeez, 40%!! Wish I'd know, I would have gone 2 days per week and been cool). That sparked all manner of fun things involving counsellors, cops etc.

I had to go to anger management for 6 months because of 'Erratic & violent behaviour towards other members of the class'. This stemmed from me essentially picking a fight with the entire class.. and when nobody would step up to the challenge, going around punching them all repeatedly.  :-[
I had a few screws loose.. took a long time to tighten them up.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/07 at 2:15 pm

I had to go to anger management for 6 months because of 'Erratic & violent behaviour towards other members of the class'. This stemmed from me essentially picking a fight with the entire class.. and when nobody would step up to the challenge, going around punching them all repeatedly.  :-[

Seriously?  That's funny.

Coincidentally, I got in a fight with my entire Greek Mythology class in 11th grade over Gay and Lesbian Clubs in school.  Some kids at another high school wanted to start one, and so the Utah State Legislature, in all of it's infinite wisdom, decided to ban all school clubs that weren't "educational."  It was the biggest bunch of crap EVER.  Sadly, I was the only one in my class who thought so.  I didn't hit anyone though, and I didn't get in trouble.

Written By: La Roche on 01/08/07 at 2:18 pm

Seriously?  That's funny.

Yeah, in retrospect we all sit around and laugh about it. But at the time it was downright bizare. I had no self-control at all and was literally walking up and picking fights with anybody, then if they didn't do anything, I'd hit them. It was obviously a problem because even at about 15 I was around 5'11 - 190.

The thing I remember about Anger Management is how bizare it was.

They'd get us to sit in a circle and then repeat things, then we'd do bizare exercises like sticking newspaper clippings to pieces of paper. I assumed we were being trained as serial killers. I also questioned that idea of putting 10-15 clinically angry people in a small room and then making them perform annoying tasks. There were numerous fights.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/07 at 2:20 pm

Yeah, in retrospect we all sit around and laugh about it. But at the time it was downright bizare. I had no self-control at all and was literally walking up and picking fights with anybody, then if they didn't do anything, I'd hit them. It was obviously a problem because even at about 15 I was around 5'11 - 190.

They'd get us to sit in a circle and then repeat things, then we'd do bizare exercises like sticking newspaper clippings to pieces of paper. I assumed we were being trained as serial killers. I also questioned that idea of putting 10-15 clinically angry people in a small room and then making them perform annoying tasks. There were numerous fights.

Still laughing...but also a little frightened of you now.

Written By: La Roche on 01/08/07 at 2:22 pm

Still laughing...but also a little frightened of you now.

It's ok, now I know how to deal with rage. I just bawl it up in a little ball in the pit of my stomach and let it all out an inappropriate times.
Now do you understand the football thing?

Written By: KKay on 01/08/07 at 2:24 pm

and you've changed...how?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/07 at 2:27 pm

It's ok, now I know how to deal with rage. I just bawl it up in a little ball in the pit of my stomach and let it all out an inappropriate times.
Now do you understand the football thing?

Yeah, but I still think it's stupid.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/08/07 at 2:33 pm

My horns were the only thing holding my halo up. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/engel/angel-smiley-021.gif

I got caught:

Talking
Passing notes
Not doing my homework
Smoking
Cutting class

But never once served detention.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/08/07 at 5:11 pm

I've got into trouble for fighting 18 years ago.

Written By: fusefan on 01/08/07 at 5:23 pm

In sixth grade i cheated on a spelling test. I got in big trouble and had to stay in the problem solving room for like a week.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 01/08/07 at 5:51 pm

I was a really good kid. I got written up twice for wearing my eyebrow ring in school. Our school didn't allow tattoos, piercings, hats, shirts with no sleeves, and unnatura hair color (orange, green, tec.).

My mom was notified, but she didn't care. She was with me when I got the piercing. And I didn't have to do detention or anything.

And once I went with my color guard friends to El Tapatio, a mexican restaurant, for lunch. We all got permission from our parents and checked out, but the school doesn't allow people to go for lunch and come back. One of our friends blabbed, and we all had to serve 2 days of after-school detention. It wasn't too bad, and most of us only went to one XD

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/08/07 at 10:09 pm

I never really got in any trouble....one time I got a detention for skipping gym class...that's about it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/08/07 at 10:39 pm

In 11th Grade I got called in because my attendance rate had slipped below 40% which was apparently the threshold point. (Jeez, 40%!! Wish I'd know, I would have gone 2 days per week and been cool). That sparked all manner of fun things involving counsellors, cops etc.

I would have punched you first ya big bully  ;D  actually we would have been fellow hooligans for sure. I was bad in school, cutting class, drugs, attendance problems, fights, missing assignments, but somehow, despite being high everyday in class and missing so much school and doing some not so nice things,  I ended up ok, and turned out to be "the good Mike" 

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/08/07 at 10:48 pm

Wiping paint on the bathroom mirrors (I had to clean up the bathroom afterwards), Trying to pull a kid off of another kid (I think that this should've been encouraged, and not punished), aaaaaaaaaaaand writing down people's passwords for the AR system... XD Sounds so geeky, but they were just posted there. I didn't use them for bad or anything, I just wrote them down.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/07 at 4:43 pm

I never really got in any trouble....one time I got a detention for skipping gym class...that's about it.

Bad Girl ;)

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/09/07 at 6:42 pm

I got suspended senior year from my last class of the day in which I was a teacher's assistant.  I marked some friends present on a day when we had a substitute teacher in class (which technicallly the TA's weren't supposed to take attendance anyway, but whatever).  It was for a Spanish class.  So for the last 2 months I got out of school earlier and failed teacher's aide  ;D  Ironically I got the senior student award for Outstanding Foreign Language Student.  8)  Oh, and I doctored my report card to show my mom that I passed that class; not that it mattered at that point anyway.  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/09/07 at 6:57 pm

Bad Girl ;)

ya, I saved all of the trouble-making for when I got a bit older!  :D

Written By: loki 13 on 01/09/07 at 7:02 pm

The only time I was in trouble was in sixth grade. It wasn't because my homework wasn't done, it was
because it wasn't done in the manner they taught. Math homework was; write the problem, show your
work, give the correct answer. My math was; write the problem, a whole bunch of scribbled numbers and
the correct answer. I always did my math unconventionally, I came up with a correct answer, just not how
they told us to do the work. The teacher thought I was cheating and sent me---immediately---back to the
fifth grade.

After my mother had a talk with the principal, I was allowed back in the sixth grade.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/10/07 at 1:26 am

^ They can't deal with your unorthodox genius.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/10/07 at 7:58 am

Any trouble I got into was pretty minor, such as telling a stupid joke or making a comment at the wrong time. Occasionally, there were teachers I disagreed with over something, but again, nothing big at all.

I never cut a class in my life, even if I was late to them alot, lol.

The only noticeable behaviorial stuff was more in Elementary. I think I was only suspended 2 or 3 times in all. So basically I was a pretty good student. Maybe not quite teachers' pet, but tailing on it.

Written By: Gis on 01/10/07 at 11:27 am

I was a positive angel up until the 4th year at secondary school ! I was really shy and too scared to be naughty. When I got to about 14, 15 years old I did a bit of rebeling and got in trouble for smoking, wearing mad coloured nail varnish and a denim jacket to school, oh and throwing a pile of tennis rackets at my P.E teacher.
I was asked to leave my college after the first year (drink, drugs) but thankfully I persuaded them to keep me on and I turned over a new leaf and actually turned up and did some work.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/07 at 4:59 pm

ya, I saved all of the trouble-making for when I got a bit older!  :D

So you beat up your husband?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/10/07 at 5:00 pm

No, she doesn't.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/07 at 5:42 pm

No, she doesn't.

I was just kidding. ::)

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/10/07 at 9:50 pm

Where'd you come up with that?  ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/10/07 at 11:19 pm

hmm...well, perhaps a few times to my first one....but I've never been physical with Chris...well unless, he wanted me to! ;D :D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/10/07 at 11:27 pm

I was just kidding. ::)

If you were, you wouldn't have put that damn smilie at the end of it.

Written By: Howard on 01/11/07 at 4:40 pm

hmm...well, perhaps a few times to my first one....but I've never been physical with Chris...well unless, he wanted me to! ;D :D

But I guess you know where the fight would end up? ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/11/07 at 4:41 pm

Where'd you come up with that?  ???

I don't know

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/07 at 10:07 pm

But I guess you know where the fight would end up? ;)

I would imagine so. :D

Written By: Howard on 01/12/07 at 4:47 pm

I would imagine so. :D

I have a vivid imagination  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/12/07 at 7:13 pm

I have a vivid imagination  ;)

doesn't surprise me Howard. :D

Check for new replies or respond here...