inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Feels weird to be back at work...

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/08/07 at 10:54 am

My office got moved the last week of the year (I had to help co-ordinate, ugh).  After we got moved over, the next day was Jan 2nd, and we had no network access still (wiring issues) so we spent the day unpacking.  I had the beginning of a horrible cold/flu/fever so I worked one more half day after that until today.  So it feels like I've been out for a week, and I'm now sitting in a new office for the first time since the move, without needing to do actual moving activities (unpacking, moving furniture, etc).

It's been like two weeks since I did any real work (at least the stuff I'm supposed to be paid to do).  It's just a very strange disconnected feeling trying to get back into the swing of things.  So much work to do too, I don't even know where to begin today.  Got in late too, still sick and unable to sleep a full night.

Subject: Re: Feels weird to be back at work...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/07 at 11:00 am

My office got moved the last week of the year (I had to help co-ordinate, ugh).  After we got moved over, the next day was Jan 2nd, and we had no network access still (wiring issues) so we spent the day unpacking.  I had the beginning of a horrible cold/flu/fever so I worked one more half day after that until today.  So it feels like I've been out for a week, and I'm now sitting in a new office for the first time since the move, without needing to do actual moving activities (unpacking, moving furniture, etc).

It's been like two weeks since I did any real work (at least the stuff I'm supposed to be paid to do).  It's just a very strange disconnected feeling trying to get back into the swing of things.  So much work to do too, I don't even know where to begin today.  Got in late too, still sick and unable to sleep a full night.

:(

Written By: nally on 01/08/07 at 11:48 am

oh dear... that doesn't sound too swift :-\\

hope ya feel better soon, Chuck...

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/08/07 at 11:51 am

oh dear... that doesn't sound too swift :-\\

hope ya feel better soon, Chuck...

I'm feeling ok now... still blowing my nose a lot, but the worst of the worst is over with for now I think

Written By: nally on 01/08/07 at 11:53 am

I'm feeling ok now... still blowing my nose a lot, but the worst of the worst is over with for now I think

Oh yes, I know what that's like. Been there, done that.

I'm glad to hear the worst part is over now. ;)

Good luck on getting your office back in order.

Written By: Tam on 01/08/07 at 1:43 pm

I hear what you are saying Chucky. You feel all weird becuase your work area ins't really 'your' work area yet. Trying to get things put in spots to make it feel like your area. Having to get caught up because now it would appear you are behind. I feel for ya. Hated the feeling when I had to do it before too. Best of luck ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/08/07 at 2:46 pm

I hear what you are saying Chucky. You feel all weird becuase your work area ins't really 'your' work area yet. Trying to get things put in spots to make it feel like your area. Having to get caught up because now it would appear you are behind. I feel for ya. Hated the feeling when I had to do it before too. Best of luck ;)

I suppose it would be easier if it were just one thing, like being out sick for the better part of a week, but it's also the move on top of everything else. I almost went to the wrong building this morning.

I spent some time this afternoon unpacking more stuff.  Still haven't hung much on the walls, going to wait and see what else I still have at home, and I also have to put up some whiteboards too.

Written By: Howard on 01/08/07 at 5:09 pm

Feel Better Chuck  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...