inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What arcade/console/PC video game are you playing?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/14/07 at 12:07 am

I'm about to pop in EA MVP Baseball 2005 :)  My fake player hit 3 HRs against the Mets last time, let's see if I can do it again...

Subject: Re: What arcade/console/PC video game are you playing?

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/07 at 12:11 am

Earlier, I was playing "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" for the Gameboy Color Emulator. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/07 at 1:42 am

Before Christmas I saw a boxed set of Lemmings for the PC, I was tempted to buy it then and did not, but now I want it.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/14/07 at 2:05 am

I just got finished playing through Gears of War on the Xbox 360, and now I'm playing through Saints Row for the same system. As much as I love my newer systems though, I will always be more into 2D gaming. I still have my old Sega Genesis, Nintendo, and Super Nintendo, and they still work great. Just 30 minutes ago I finished a run through Sonic the Hedgehog 2 8)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/14/07 at 2:07 am

I just got finished playing through Gears of War on the Xbox 360, and now I'm playing through Saints Row for the same system. As much as I love my newer systems though, I will always be more into 2D gaming. I still have my old Sega Genesis, Nintendo, and Super Nintendo, and they still work great. Just 30 minutes ago I finished a run through Sonic the Hedgehog 2 8)

Good stuff.  Now try Gears on insane :D

I just beat the Twins and the Red Sox with the Cubs...maybe I should crank up the difficulty level a tad :D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/14/07 at 2:13 am

Good stuff.  Now try Gears on insane :D

I started a new game on hardcore after I beat it tonight, and played through about the first half of the first act. It didn't seem that much harder than casual. I've heard stories about insane difficulty though, and it sounds truly insane ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 01/14/07 at 2:59 am

I'm still stuck on this part in act 1 in gears of war, I was swearing at my tv set before.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/14/07 at 3:03 am

I'm still stuck on this part in act 1 in gears of war, I was swearing at my tv set before.

Are you stuck at the end of act 1, where you have to lure that Berserker outside so you can use the hammer of dawn? I was stuck there for a little while my first time through.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/14/07 at 3:09 am

Are you stuck at the end of act 1, where you have to lure that Berserker outside so you can use the hammer of dawn? I was stuck there for a little while my first time through.

I beat it on casual but I'm on the insane/hardcore mode now. I'm stuck on the part just before you enter the house of soverance? where all the locusts are.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/14/07 at 3:13 am

I beat it on casual but I'm on the insane/hardcore mode now. I'm stuck on the part just before you enter the house of soverance? where all the locusts are.

Oh yeah, I remember those parts. Since I just started my new game on hardcore, I haven't gotten that far yet, but those parts have got to be pretty killer on hardcore/insane.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/14/07 at 4:01 am

Here Brian, try this:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6161208/index.html

If you're still stuck PM me or something and I'll play as Dom with you to lead you through.

k thanks a lot.  :)

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/18/07 at 8:12 pm

I played the Sneak King game last night after Jess got bored.  That King sure is creepy :D

That game is hilarious ;D

Last game I played was the sports games Tennis, Bowling & Golf on the Wii at my sister's.  I tied my nephew in bowling and he has challenged me to a rematch on Saturday. :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/18/07 at 8:16 pm

WiiSports is fun :)

Here's something Jess showed me...I know people like this too :D  Sad...

http://www.pyzam.com/php/funpix/stupid/2730_image.gif

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/19/07 at 11:54 am

Ooooh...

Gears of War hits 3 million

That's a lot.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/19/07 at 1:19 pm

Ooooh...

Gears of War hits 3 million

That's a lot.

That's cool. It's nice to see Gears doing that good. Now, I wonder how long were gonna have to wait for the sequal to come out :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...