inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Retractable Bollards

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/07 at 8:57 am

That will teach 'em

Subject: Re: Retractable Bollards

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/16/07 at 9:40 am

That's the greatest idea ever!
We could use something like that,no one respects the bus lanes here.

Written By: karen on 01/16/07 at 9:42 am

I've seen that clip before on another messageboard.  There is a bollard like that on the college campus across the road from where I work.  It retracts for the buses but not for anyone else.  One of the girls who helps at the after-school club my children use had her car wrecked when the bollard came up .  It took out her oil sump and stuff.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/07 at 9:52 am

I've seen that clip before on another messageboard.  There is a bollard like that on the college campus across the road from where I work.  It retracts for the buses but not for anyone else.  One of the girls who helps at the after-school club my children use had her car wrecked when the bollard came up .  It took out her oil sump and stuff.
These clips reminds me of the Mr Bean (Rowan Atkinson) episode when he tries to drive his mini car through a barrier at a car park.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/17/07 at 2:41 am

I didn't know there were such things. Don't these drivers know about them or are they trying to sneak in behind the bus? 

Written By: Gis on 01/17/07 at 2:46 am

We have then on the road I work on, you have to type in a code to get them to go down.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/17/07 at 2:53 am

We have then on the road I work on, you have to type in a code to get them to go down.
do you have the codes?

Written By: Gis on 01/17/07 at 2:57 am

do you have the codes?
No, mere mortals don't get them!  ;D I think it's just the garbage men and the emergency services.

Check for new replies or respond here...