inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The most amount of money you've found, and what did you do with it?

Written By: loki 13 on 01/18/07 at 5:18 pm

The most money I've found was a 100 dollar bill. After hours in a tattooist chair I felt like I needed a drink.
My wife and I stopped at the bar. As we sat there she saw a piece of paper on the floor and said it looked
like a dollar. I bent over and picked it up, and surprise, a 100 dollar bill.  ;D

Now both of us are honest people, to an extent, she wanted to give it to the bartender in case someone came
back for it. I told her the bartender would keep it, so we should hold onto it. If someone came in frantic and looking
for it, I would return it. If not it's mine.

After three hours at the bar, no one reported it missing so, some poor sap paid for my tattoo.

Subject: Re: The most amount of money you've found, and what did you do with it?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 5:21 pm

$5.  I spent it.

Subject: Re: The most amount of money you've found, and what did you do with it?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/07 at 5:47 pm

£50 pound note in the street, and my wife took into her care.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/07 at 5:50 pm

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/07 at 5:50 pm

Would that be about 75 dollars in America?
I think so.

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/07 at 5:54 pm

Found a $20 bill a few years ago.  Went to the local video store to buy a VHS movie

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/07 at 10:50 pm

This past summer Chris, Vaughn, and I were at our local fairgrounds for this huge children's consignment sale.  I was paying for some items and Chris and Vaughn were out in the parking lot waiting for me. When I came out, Chris said, "I have a surprise"....he then proceeded to show me 5 $20 bills, and said that while he and Vaughn were heading out near the car....he saw them scattered on the ground in a patch of grass. Of course we didn't turn it in, because they would have just pocketed it...so we stood there for about 1/2 hr. waiting to see if anyone around was frantically searching for money....we didn't see anyone...so we kept it. And to think that Chris didn't even want to go that day....I am glad we did, that $100 helped out immensely that week.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/07 at 10:57 pm

I found $100 in a laundromat washing machine back when I was living in an apartment.  I kept it.

I still occasionally find $100+ in the washing machine in my house... but I have to return it, since I know it belongs to my husband. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/19/07 at 2:44 pm

$60 and I spent it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/07 at 2:53 pm

When I was a kid, my mother was going to take us to Gaslight Village in Lake George, NY (which is now defunct  :\'( ).  When we got there, the prices were outragous and my mother didn't have enough so, with tears in our eyes, we left. My mother decided to take us to an arcade in Lake George as a compromise. My sister found $30 sitting on one of the machines. My mother went to the office and told them that we found this money. The guy wanted my mother to give it to her but my mother refused and gave the guy her name and phone # and if anyone claimed it, to give her a call. So we all got back into the car and headed back to Gaslight Village (complements of someone we did not know). BTW, no one called to claim the money.

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 01/19/07 at 3:21 pm

$20, I pocketed it.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/19/07 at 3:33 pm

I've never really found any large sum of money just change on the ground.  My daughter found a dollar in the self check-out lane at the grocery store.  We gave it to customer service becuase she said it was the right thing to do.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...