inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hawk's Last Topic...For Now

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/23/07 at 2:47 pm

My Fellow Online Members-

Due to increasing problems in my life, and due to certain terms that were put to me today, I regret to announce that I am leaving, at least for a long while.

Please do not confuse this with a "Donnie Darko"-type maneuver, as I am not that way.
Those who know me even a little will realize this.

I have met many of you, whom I like, and would love to get to know better, as friends.
There are of course, a few who have cared less for me, but such is life.
I wish all of you the best, and I hope we meet again.

I will finish up loose threads, such as my "I" CryptiQuiz, and for those of you who may want to communicate with me, I can give you my snail-mail address, or my e-mail. Either way is fine.

I just want one thing clear: I am surrendering things in my life now, for the sake of my family's happiness.
It has always seemed that when I am miserable, everyone else is happy. When I am happy, everyone else is miserable. I also realize that some of you may see this as a "pity-me, pity-me" gesture. If you see it as such, I am sorry you misunderstand, and all I can say is: You're not in my shoes, right now.

Anyway, it is on this day that HawkTheSlayer dies.
My account will be deleted as of tomorrow.
PM me, if you want to stay in touch. I will give details on how.

Farewell.

Subject: Re: Hawk's Last Topic...For Now

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/23/07 at 2:52 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you.  :(  I'm sad to see you going, but wish you the very best of luck. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/23/07 at 2:54 pm

I wish you all the best.  Hope to see you around again!!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/07 at 3:01 pm

You will be missed around here but please don't delete your account. I wish you the best.

Cat

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 01/23/07 at 3:03 pm

Why do you have to delete your account? Just because you can't come on here for awhile doesn't mean your account has to die.  So you are forced to take a break. Do it, but don't delete everything you have earned over someones ultimatiums. Besides, you can always limited your time spent online.

I know you didn't ask for this , but who gives one person the right to tell their mate ( yes I'm assuming here) its either THIS or THAT.  I'm sorry but if my SO did that to me , I would boot his ass out the door.

Written By: Apricot on 01/23/07 at 3:52 pm

Ah, shoot, man, don't delete.. just take a break. I had to do that once.. and I'm glad I didn't kill my account.

Written By: Henk on 01/23/07 at 3:57 pm

I'm sorry to see you leave. :\'(

My Fellow Online Members-

Due to increasing problems in my life, and due to certain terms that were put to me today, I regret to announce that I am leaving, at least for a long while.

Of course I do not know what "terms" were put on you, but I do hope you can live up to them.

btw: What do you consider "a long while"? ???

I just want one thing clear: I am surrendering things in my life now, for the sake of my family's happiness.
It has always seemed that when I am miserable, everyone else is happy. When I am happy, everyone else is miserable. I also realize that some of you may see this as a "pity-me, pity-me" gesture. If you see it as such, I am sorry you misunderstand, and all I can say is: You're not in my shoes, right now.

Anyway, it is on this day that HawkTheSlayer dies.
My account will be deleted as of tomorrow.
PM me, if you want to stay in touch. I will give details on how.

Farewell.

There's a lot more to this than meets the eye, eh? Deleting your account over here is not gonna solve any of your problems (but you don't need me to tell you that). If things were only that simple...

I wish you the best of luck.

...And hurry back. ;)

Written By: Jessica on 01/23/07 at 4:23 pm

I think by "Donnie Darko manuever", he meant that he wasn't going to keep popping back in, not that he was going to self delete. If that were the case, I think he would have deleted right after posting that.

That said, we're going to miss you. I know how it goes though.

Written By: spaceace on 01/23/07 at 5:59 pm

Take care Hawk.  I'm going to miss you. :(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/23/07 at 7:57 pm

Sorry to see you go, my friend.  I hope to see you back soon.  Hang in there.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/23/07 at 8:08 pm

I'm sorry to see you leave Hawk. Go in a good way and hopefully most of us will be here when, and if you return.

Written By: whistledog on 01/23/07 at 8:20 pm

We're gonna miss ya Hawk, but please don't delete your account.  I hope one day you will come back :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/23/07 at 8:23 pm

Take care Hawk, and know that we'll be saving a special spot for you here on the boards, just for you.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/23/07 at 9:33 pm

Do not delete your account.  Just leave and come back when you're back to 100%.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/23/07 at 9:49 pm

Wayne....just as the others have been saying...please do not delete you account...there will be a time in your life when things get better and you will regret doing so. You have been an asset to the boards...and I will truly miss you. You've always been such an encourager...and I will really miss that.  I wish you would be able to reconsider....but hopefully one day we will see you back on here again.  I will PM you my email address...I hope we can keep in touch.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care my friend.

~Erin :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/24/07 at 1:13 am

Take care Hawk, cheerio to a Bubby of mine.

Written By: Gis on 01/24/07 at 1:21 am

I'm very sorry to hear you have to go, I shall really miss you and I have enjoyed getting to know you very much. Take care my friend and I hope you will come back one day.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/24/07 at 3:27 am

I have thought about it, and perhaps you're right.

Besides, how will I ever catch up to Badfinger-Fan, if I have to rebuild my karma count?

Anyway, I had to sneak on here, just to look, but now I must be on the way.
I shall contact those who are keeping in touch w/me, when I can.

For those of you who posted here, thank you. Even you, Beth...even you.
One day, the Mindsword shall strike again, and I shall regale you all with my tales of amazing ridiculousity.
Farewell, for now.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/24/07 at 9:24 am

Come back soon!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/24/07 at 9:39 am

Catch you on the flipside, Hawk.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/07 at 3:48 pm

See You Soon. :)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/24/07 at 4:14 pm

Take care and good luck Hawk :)

Check for new replies or respond here...