inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brushes with famous people - stories about meeting celebs

Written By: pink daisy on 01/28/07 at 2:46 pm

I'm curious: have any of you guys got stories about meeting/interacting with/spotting famous people?  I've had several incidents of meeting famous people myself - here's one to start with....

Lewis Collins (star of 70s series 'The Professionals') used to be a regular at the club my then-boyfriend owned in about 1985.  One night when we were all drinking after hours, the door was kicked in and several tough guys brandishing baseball bats ran in to rob the place.  Lewis came over all heroic (in a case of life imitating art) and threw me and my friend over the bar, then jumped over himself and covered us both with his body to protect us.  In the meantime, the bouncers ejected the bad guys.  My friend and I still debate whether Lewis was being brave, or just hiding behind the bar and using us as an excuse....

Anyone else got a story?

Subject: Re: Brushes with famous people - stories about meeting celebs

Written By: La Roche on 01/28/07 at 3:29 pm

I used to live near and shop at the same grocery store as Yadier Molina (Catcher for the St. Louis Cardinals). He was a pretty decent guy, he often went to the store at similar times to me (real late at night or real early in the morning) so I'd sometimes say Hi to him and speak to him briefly. I guess he wasn't quite famous enough to get hassled all the time so I don't think it bothered him.

Martin Johnson lived right around the corner from me when I was growing up and my Mom looked after his dogs a couple times when he was away. He showed me loads of stuff like playing Rugby.

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/28/07 at 3:43 pm

I once saw Gwyneth Paltrow,she was rude and pretentious to everyone,then again she had just had a brazilian bikini wax ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/28/07 at 4:11 pm

When I was little, Kirk Muller used to live on my street in the off season.  Me and some of the neighbourhood kids used to play road hockey on the street, and on several occasions, Kirk and his buddies would ask if they could join us.  Dang, they were body checking and slashing us like it was the NHL :o

I think I still have the scar on my knee, from when he tripped me, and I fell to the pavement ;D

Written By: tv on 01/28/07 at 5:59 pm

I met former NY Giants and St. Louis Cardinals(now called Arizona Cardinals)running back OJ Anderson and got an autograph from him. OJ Anderson was never as high profile as the Giants players he played with like Phil Simms and Lawrence Taylor. OJ did however did win the MVP(which was well deserved) in Super Bowl 25 when the Giants upset the Bills 20-19 in the 1991 Super Bowl.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/28/07 at 6:20 pm

I've had a brief conversation with Nick Varner, a professional pool player

A few words with Dick Trickle, a retired NASCAR driver

I've had a extensive conversation with Keith Emerson and Greg Lake on two occasions, Carl Palmer was a man of few words.

Went to High School with Bob Corea, drummer of the 80's band Pretty Poison.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/28/07 at 6:37 pm

Let's see...

In 1998, after winning the Oscar for Good Will Hunting, Robin Williams filmed part of Patch Adams at UC Berkeley and I met him there.  In 2003, when I started teaching at the high school I graduated from, he came by as a surprise because he was a friend of a fellow science teacher.  That was good for a few laughs :)

I also saw KC Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez (who played football and basketball at Cal) playing a pickup game of basketball at the Berkeley gym while I was also playing.  I did not play in that game as I am not insane enough to take a charge from THAT guy :P

I went to school at Duke with Shane Battier, Jay Williams, Chris Duhon and Mike Dunleavy Jr., who are now in the NBA (Jay Williams broke his legs and hips or something and is rehabbing and trying to get back now).

Written By: nally on 01/28/07 at 6:53 pm

I haven't met any famous people as of yet...but I have at least seen some in person. Does that count?

If the answer is yes, then...

In January of 1995, I went to the WB Studios in Burbank to view a taping of an episode of "Step By Step"...so I saw the cast in person from where I was sitting. Very interesting experiece...even seeing the main set.

On April 9th of that same year, then-President Bill Clinton showed up at the Cathedral in downtown L.A.; my dad had to be there since it was a special event, and I was with him. I did get within 10 feet of him, but that's all.

And then last February, members of the L.A. Dodgers (and former manager Tommy Lasorda) showed up at Pierce College; once again, I only saw them. Tommy even conducted a raffle.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/28/07 at 6:54 pm

The surgeon who repaired my leg, the late Dr. Louis Kolb, was the Blackhawks' team orthopaedic surgeon.  So I had my leg sliced open by someone who sliced open Chris Chelios's leg. 

A few months ago, my sister and I were at the Chick-Fil-A near our house and John Smoltz went through the drive-through.  He was signing autographs through the drive-through window. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/28/07 at 8:45 pm

I was in Ohio with my family (my dad was running a marathon).....they happened to be hosting a body builder's convention at our hotel we were staying at....anyway, we were walking into the hotel when my mom goes, "look over there...that's Lou Ferrigno...the guy that played the Incredible Hulk"....so we went over and got his autograph...he was very nice.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/28/07 at 9:30 pm

My dad and uncle are wig makers and make-up artists so I've met a few famous people.

When I was a baby I was in my uncle's shop and a lady started to play with me and carry me around.  My mother asked my father "Who is that woman with Carol?" and my dad said "Faye Dunaway.".  My mother then said "Who the hell is that?"...this was back in 1969 or 70 and I guess she hadn't made movies my mother knew.

In 1986 I was helping out a make-up artist by the name of  John Caglione Jr. (well I was helping get coffee and lunch. LOL!!).  He was working on a movie called "My Demon Lover".  I saw him make all the monster make-up.

I've also met a few people from Saturday Night Live, my dad makes the wigs for the show.

I met Lucie Arnez and Robert Klien after I saw the show "They're Playing Our Song"

Dick Smith, make-up artist for "The Exorcist" and other movies.

I saw Rick Schroeder having pizza in my local mall, he had just made "The Champ".

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/28/07 at 10:05 pm

My dad and uncle are wig makers and make-up artists so I've met a few famous people.

When I was a baby I was in my uncle's shop and a lady started to play with me and carry me around.  My mother asked my father "Who is that woman with Carol?" and my dad said "Faye Dunaway.".  My mother then said "Who the hell is that?"...this was back in 1969 or 70 and I guess she hadn't made movies my mother knew.

In 1986 I was helping out a make-up artist by the name of  John Caglione Jr. (well I was helping get coffee and lunch. LOL!!).  He was working on a movie called "My Demon Lover".  I saw him make all the monster make-up.

I've also met a few people from Saturday Night Live, my dad makes the wigs for the show.

I met Lucie Arnez and Robert Klien after I saw the show "They're Playing Our Song"

Dick Smith, make-up artist for "The Exorcist" and other movies.

I saw Rich Schroeder having pizza in my local mall, he had just made "The Champ".

that is SO cool! 8)

Written By: Jessica on 01/28/07 at 10:10 pm

Dad's friend's brother plays for the Yankees.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/28/07 at 10:22 pm

Dad's friend's brother plays for the Yankees.

WHO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Written By: Jessica on 01/28/07 at 10:24 pm

WHO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Erm....I forgot. Let me call my dad tomorrow and ask him. :-[

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/28/07 at 10:25 pm

Erm....I forgot. Let me call my dad tomorrow and ask him. :-[

OMG, if I know someone who knows someone who knows a Yankee, that's like.....OMG!

Written By: Gis on 01/29/07 at 1:30 am

I see famous people quite alot in Oxford, many live around the area and they do loads, and I mean loads of filming there. Apparently it has the only cobbled streets this side of London without traffic noise and problems, so they do alot of exterior shots for period dramas and movies. We even have a few celebs that have or do read in the library. I have served Rosamund Pike and Neil Pearson neither of whom I recognised.  ;D
Big productions they have filmed at the library since I've been there include Morse, Harry Potter, Gulliver's Travels, To Kill a King, Sherlock Holmes, The Scarlet Pimpernel  and The Lady and the Highwayman. The Sherlock Holmes thing was fantastic they had a huge scaffold set up outside the old library and we all kept ringing across the road going 'have they hung anyone yet?' Finally we get the message 'Quick they have people on the scaffold!' so we belted over and lined the windows to watch and completely ruined the shot!  ;D

When I was younger and lived in Yorkshire they were filming Open All Hours and we used to see Ronnie Barker and David Jason all the time they were lovely and always chatted even though we were irritating school kids.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/29/07 at 3:10 am

I see famous people quite alot in Oxford, many live around the area and they do loads, and I mean loads of filming there. Apparently it has the only cobbled streets this side of London without traffic noise and problems, so they do alot of exterior shots for period dramas and movies. We even have a few celebs that have or do read in the library. I have served Rosamund Pike and Neil Pearson neither of whom I recognised.  ;D
Big productions they have filmed at the library since I've been there include Morse, Harry Potter, Gulliver's Travels, To Kill a King, Sherlock Holmes, The Scarlet Pimpernel  and The Lady and the Highwayman. The Sherlock Holmes thing was fantastic they had a huge scaffold set up outside the old library and we all kept ringing across the road going 'have they hung anyone yet?' Finally we get the message 'Quick they have people on the scaffold!' so we belted over and lined the windows to watch and completely ruined the shot!  ;D

When I was younger and lived in Yorkshire they were filming Open All Hours and we used to see Ronnie Barker and David Jason all the time they were lovely and always chatted even though we were irritating school kids.

How could you not recognise Neil Pearson, Gis? Have you not seen Bridget Jones?  Besides, he's cute!

Written By: Gis on 01/29/07 at 5:55 am

How could you not recognise Neil Pearson, Gis? Have you not seen Bridget Jones?  Besides, he's cute!
I know I'm always doing things like that !  ;D To be fair he did look different to how he does on screen and I guess it's also when someone is in a situation you don't expect them to be in it kind of doesn't register.

Written By: maddog on 01/29/07 at 6:51 am

Some of these are pretty obscure but it's fun remembering...

I met Fish from the band Mariilion in a night club in Liverpool in about 1984, he was a nice guy.

http://65.214.37.88/ts?t=3793916665132569275

I met Joe Jackson of "Stepping Out" and other 80s hits fame in a trendy night club in London called "Le Beat Route" in 1981.
At the time, this club was the focus of the New Romantic movement in England. God knows why they let me in, I was a scruffy student!
Most of Spandau Ballet and Boy George were also there but I didn't speak to them. Joe was very chatty and an excellent bloke.

http://65.214.37.88/ts?t=14948331730398227208

I met Henry Rollins of American punk band Black Flag at Brussells Airport sometime in the 90s, he was nice enough, shook my hand.
He was just as muscular as you'd expect from his pictures but surprisingly short.

http://65.214.37.88/ts?t=6691685356137331139

I met Kid Creole and one of the Coconuts (now his wife) at Manchester Airport (England) in the mid 90s, he was great! Very happy to chat.

http://65.214.37.88/ts?t=15229470711090766716

And I've met my teenage idol Joan Jett on several occasions outside her gigs...on one occasion I got invited onto the tour bus and she autographed my jeans.
A treasured possession but, predictably, thrown out by my Mum in a clear-out at home when I had moved into my own place :(.

http://65.214.37.88/ts?t=6382600304616753767

Written By: Abix on 01/29/07 at 7:33 am

Here is my list of famous People I've met face to face...
Scott Baio twice. met him at the Auto Rama. kissed him/ autograph.
Keith Richards (got pictures of him entering a van after his concert, I was close enough to touch him but my photos were so blurred they were ruined).
Fernando Von Arb
Marc Storace
Mark Kohler
and the rest of the Band Krokus... These guys, met them Sunday morning on the way to Mass at the Holiday Inn in St. Paul, their concert had been the night before.  autographs and Fernando Von Arb  sprayed our autographs with his cologne, Halston Z 14.
Tommy Lee and Vince Neil (of Motley Crue) at the Radisson Hotel lobby in St. Paul , the day of their concert. kissed them/ autographs.
Angie Dickinson and her autistic daughter who just committed suicide recently. met her in the grandstand at the State Fair. Told her I used to love the show Police Woman when I was a kid. She was very gracious. It's a shame about her daughter.
TG Sheppard (a country singer) met him in an elevator at the Sheraton Hotel during the State Fair, 1983.
Jesse Ventura , State Fair Grandstand 1985.. he was a rude bastard and when he ran for our State governor I recalled that, Even though his Lt. Governor was my 6th grade teacher, I refused to vote for him. Plus he's an idiot.
Nick Bockwinkle (wrestler AWA) I spit on his chest during a wrestling match in 1984.
the closing pitcher Jose Prado of St. Paul Saints fame (who's cousin is former NY Yankee Tino Martinez)(this probably doesn't really count, but I'm going with it).

I was in Robert Plant's dressing room and have pictures to prove it. But I got kicked out before I had a chance to meet him.
(Damn!)

Written By: Gis on 01/29/07 at 7:49 am

I did meet the comedian Ross Noble last november he was very funny and a really nice bloke. I shall attach the picture I have of Ian with him.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/29/07 at 8:36 am

I met Fish from the band Mariilion in a night club in Liverpool in about 1984, he was a nice guy.

I had a drink with him once in 82 or 83, he was a nice bloke - and so TALL!  A few weeks later in the same bar the bassist from the Psychedelic Furs bought me a pint.  And I also have the distinction of having queued behind Ian Gillan in a convenience store - he bought jelly (Jello).  Not very 'rock star'...

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/29/07 at 8:58 am

I've partied with Bowling For Soup on a few occasions because my brother works for them.

I've also met Rev. Horton Heat, The Burden Brothers, the new drummer for the Supersuckers and a few members of The Toadies (all bands my brother worked for)

Other than that, I saw Susan Powter speed-walking through O'Hare airport once when I went to pick up hubby....flew to California with Ed Asner on the plane and sat across the aisle from one of the Pittsburgh Steelers linebackers on our honeymoon (god, he was HUGE!!!  He took up 2 seats).  Can't think of anything else right now...

Written By: La Roche on 01/29/07 at 9:05 am

When I worked on the stage set up for Motorhead I met loads of cool folks.
Different local bands supported in different places which was neat.

I've hung out with Scott Ian (of Anthrax fame), he's pretty cool.

After he had surgery to repair his leg, Matt Heath played on the same football team as me, and Steff Oakes played with us a few times as well.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/29/07 at 10:09 am

Susan Powter
Who's that, Mama_K?

When I worked on the stage set up for Motorhead I met loads of cool folks.
A friend of mine dated one of their roadies and they both came on my hen night in 1984.  Unfortunately, they didn't get the message that the wedding was off, so the following week they drove 200 miles for it, only to find there was no one around.  Oops.  They didn't take it too well.... :-[

Written By: La Roche on 01/29/07 at 10:18 am

A friend of mine dated one of their roadies and they both came on my hen night in 1984.  Unfortunately, they didn't get the message that the wedding was off, so the following week they drove 200 miles for it, only to find there was no one around.  Oops.  They didn't take it too well.... :-[

Yeah, you get some if you roadie for the loudest band ever, it's sweet.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/29/07 at 10:18 am

A couple of years ago, I was at a grocery store in Park City, (where they have the Sundance Film Festival.)  I was looking at gum, and Jean Claude Van Damme walked up to me and said "Hi, how are you doing."  At first I didn't recognize him, so I said "Good, how are you," with what I'm sure was a not so nice look on my face.  When it finally dawned on me who I was looking at, I said "well, have a good day" and got away as fast as I could.  I kick myself all the time for not chatting with him - I could have played it cool, but noooo, the big nerd in me took over and I ran away!   ::)

I've also met a lot of politicians.  My uncle used to be a Congressman for Utah, so I've been to several Republican conventions and stuff.  (Yes...Republican.  My liberal views are NOT in sync with my family.)  I know I've met several congressmen and senators but, being a little kid I have no idea who they were.  My mom met some of the more recent presidents - Ford, Carter, Regan, Bush Sr. doing various things with my uncle, and my cousin was on Bob Dole's presidential campaign.  

Written By: spaceace on 01/29/07 at 10:29 am

When I was 10 I spent the an afternoon at Robert Mitchum's summer house.  He was a delightful man.

I got to hang out with Peter Tork of The Monkees.

When I was 14, I got to talk to Prime Minister Margret Thatcher on the phone.  (My cousin was involved in the S.A.L.T.2 )

I got to meet the band Poison.

I'm friends with former Major Legue Baseball player Tom Herr (Tommy Herr)

I also meet Congressman Patrick Kennedy and the late U.S. Senator Paul Wellstone.

Written By: Jessica on 01/29/07 at 10:31 am

OMG, if I know someone who knows someone who knows a Yankee, that's like.....OMG!

I'll let you know tonight. Usually my dad sleeps in the day due to health issues.

It can't be one of the more important pitchers or else I would have remembered right away and I would have been begging their family to help my dad. :P

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/29/07 at 10:36 am

Oh, I forgot one, most people probably won't know who this is...

I met Bob McAllister when I went to a taping of the kids show Wonderama.

Written By: La Roche on 01/29/07 at 10:40 am

I'm friends with former Major Legue Baseball player Tom Herr (Tommy Herr)

As in.. Cardinals World series winning all star second baseman?

Nice.

He can come out for a beer with us.

Written By: spaceace on 01/29/07 at 10:42 am

As in.. Cardinals World series winning all star second baseman?

Nice.

He can come out for a beer with us.

Yes Dear, that Tommy Herr.  :)

Written By: La Roche on 01/29/07 at 10:44 am

Yes Dear, that Tommy Herr.  :)

Cool!

Written By: nally on 01/29/07 at 10:46 am

I just remembered... during the early 90's, my mom taught music at a private elementary school in Brentwood...and most of the students there were children of celebrities. So my mom got to meet quite a few of these people, including Steve Garvey (former baseball star, who was with the L.A. Dodgers and San Diego Padres, among other teams), and I forget who else at the moment. I do happen to know that OJ Simpson's youngest daughter went to school there as well.

I, on the other hand, missed out.

My mom also got to meet Casey Kasem, Bob Hope, and Michelle Phillips (of Mamas and the Papas) in the late 70's, before I was born. (She had been working in radio at the time, so...)

Still no meeting of celebs for me. :-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/29/07 at 11:25 am

One of my childhood friends was a distant cousin of Joe Montana.

Oh yeah, I also went to high school with Mark Madsen (he was a senior and I was a freshman), who was a 3-time champion cheerleader for the LA Lakers and now cheers on Kevin Garnett on the Minnesota Timberwolves :D  I also knew two of his sisters, very large happy Mormon family.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/29/07 at 7:33 pm

FYI, it's Mariano Rivera's uncle that Jess' dad knows ;)

Written By: Jessica on 01/29/07 at 7:49 pm

FYI, it's Mariano Rivera's uncle that Jess' dad knows ;)

Yeah, I was mistaken. I thought it was his brother. But nope. Just his uncle.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/29/07 at 8:00 pm

Who's that, Mama_K?

She's an exercise guru that was pretty big back in the 90s.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Powter

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/29/07 at 8:01 pm

MARIANO RIVERA?!

*iz dead*

Written By: Davester on 01/29/07 at 8:20 pm

Met Eddie Money near the ski lift at Heavenly Ski Resort back in the early nineties...

My girlfriend addressed him as "Mr. Money", or something, as a joke.  I laughed.  He didn't.  Don't know if that's his real name...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/29/07 at 8:22 pm

Oh yeah, in 2005 there was a Democratic Convention being held at the same time as my financial services seminar and Howard Dean was the keynote speaker.  I walked about 20 feet past him and then yelled "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" and ran ;D ;D ;D

I was also within spitball distance of Carrot Top when my friends and I were in Vegas.

Written By: nally on 01/30/07 at 1:44 am

Met Eddie Money near the ski lift at Heavenly Ski Resort back in the early nineties...

My girlfriend addressed him as "Mr. Money", or something, as a joke.  I laughed.  He didn't.  Don't know if that's his real name...

It's a pseudonym. His real last name, I think, is Mahoney. ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/30/07 at 1:49 am

Oh yeah, in 2005 there was a Democratic Convention being held at the same time as my financial services seminar and Howard Dean was the keynote speaker.  I walked about 20 feet past him and then yelled "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" and ran ;D ;D ;D

I was also within spitball distance of Carrot Top when my friends and I were in Vegas.

Tee-hee.

Written By: Jessica on 01/30/07 at 9:13 am

Carrot Top would have kicked your ass. Have you ever seen the muscles that guy has? :o

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/30/07 at 10:24 am

Hubby had Daniel Negraneau (or however you spell it) ask him for a chair while playing blackjack in Vegas...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/30/07 at 12:03 pm

Carrot Top would have kicked your ass. Have you ever seen the muscles that guy has? :o

Ergo, why Carrot Top escaped unscathed, and so didst we ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/07 at 3:52 pm

Way back in the land before time Led Zeppelin were in Boston and I was is a store in Boston that sold leather jackets and Robert Plant walked in with a guy.  The guy had a briefcase full of money and Plant bought a jacket and chaps.(about 68)
I was once outside a place were the Who were going to be playing and Roger and Pete T. were just walking in, it was early so maybe a soundcheck, they stopped so my friend could take a picture(wonder where that is now)(about 67 or 68)
My sister was in radio for years and once had a business dinner with Spencer Davis, and sat across the table from George Harrison at some kind of fundraiser

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/30/07 at 4:38 pm

I think we've done this a few times, so I won't go into a huge spiel - I'll just list em' with some small details.

2003 & 2004 Arnold Schwarzenegger (twice at the newspaper I work at)

1989-1990 Kirk Cameron (at a local Carl's Jr.)
               Candice Cameron

2003        Al Stewart (I pretty much got myself in the middle of a circle with a bunch of hippies (or so I thought) who
               were fawning over this one dude who happened to be Al Stewart, lol

1992         Rick Honeycutt (who was playing for the A's at the time - I got his signature on a troll :0)

Well, that's all I can think of for now...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/30/07 at 4:49 pm

I heard from my boyfriend that Eddie Money lives/lived in Moraga - if so, then my brother didn't live too far from him.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 01/30/07 at 6:31 pm

I met all three of the Pink Spiders last September when they came to play a widdle concert after a TTU football game. For them being such a big band, and from Nashville, I was surprised there weren't too many people.

The guys were great. I liked the drummer. He's so dorky : ) And the other two let my sister kiss them on the cheeks for a picture.

I'm still waiting for the day I stalk meet Morrissey...

Oh yeah, my mom met everyone in Weezer except for Rivers because he was being stuck-up. I was so mad at her for weeks for not letting me come. *shakes fist*

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/30/07 at 6:50 pm

I hang out with that cat for a bit at Newbar in Raleigh after a performance he had a Charlie Goodnight's in '96.  Anthony Clark too.  One of the former Five-O DJs used to help manage the comedy club and would often get me a deal on shows.

I've talked to Moby at a record signing for a bit about DJing.

I flew from Charlotte to L.A. with George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars in '97.  Those guys were cool.  George was pretty stoned and took a nap for half the flight but I managed to talk to him for a bit and get him to sign one of my planner pages.

Written By: nally on 01/30/07 at 6:56 pm

I think we've done this a few times, so I won't go into a huge spiel - I'll just list em' with some small details.

2003 & 2004 Arnold Schwarzenegger (twice at the newspaper I work at)

You met the Governator? :o What was that like?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/30/07 at 7:12 pm

You met the Governator? :o What was that like?

The first time, there was a lot of people (co-workers) surrounding him asking for autographs and stuff. I was about 2 feet away from him and mainly saw his head and heard him speak, but I can't remember what he said. The second time, it was much more subdued. I was covering the front counter and the bodyguards were hanging around the lobby when his big Hummer rolled up to our parking lot. The editorial guy met him and Arnold kinda stopped and looked around and mentioned how nice our Grandfather clock was.  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/30/07 at 7:14 pm

The first time, there was a lot of people (co-workers) surrounding him asking for autographs and stuff. I was about 2 feet away from him and mainly saw his head and heard him speak, but I can't remember what he said. The second time, it was much more subdued. I was covering the front counter and the bodyguards were hanging around the lobby when his big Hummer rolled up to our parking lot. The editorial guy met him and Arnold kinda stopped and looked around and mentioned how nice our Grandfather clock was.  ;D

Nehce claaaahk...

:D

Written By: nally on 02/04/07 at 7:25 pm

Verry eenteresting. ;)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/04/07 at 8:55 pm

Gis?  Anything you need to tell us? ;)

Written By: nally on 02/12/07 at 12:55 pm

I almost forgot...ten years ago this month I went to a Dr. Demento show at Caltech in Pasadena, and during the intermission, I noticed that Weird Al Yankovic was sitting across the aisle from me!! Of course, there was a long line of people waiting to meet him, so I stayed seated where I was.

Written By: pink daisy on 02/13/07 at 6:08 am

I almost forgot...ten years ago this month I went to a Dr. Demento show at Caltech in Pasadena, and during the intermission, I noticed that Weird Al Yankovic was sitting across the aisle from me!! Of course, there was a long line of people waiting to meet him, so I stayed seated where I was.

Did he look White And Nerdy?  ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/13/07 at 9:37 am

Doesn't he always? ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/13/07 at 10:07 am

I always thought he'd be remembered forever as the Amish dude... but now he's the white and nerdy guy.

Written By: nally on 02/13/07 at 10:39 am

Ten years ago I don't think he did. Or he might have started to.

I always thought he'd be remembered forever as the Amish dude... but now he's the white and nerdy guy.

But they did play the music video for "Amish Paradise" after the intermission.

Written By: Gis on 02/13/07 at 10:47 am

Gis?  Anything you need to tell us? ;)
Not yet, it's on sunday!
Ian has just told me that it's not going to be a group of fans all together meeting the band, but two at a time. I'm still really nervous about it, pathetic wuss that I am! So when you're brother tells you he met some squeaky, laughing insane woman that will probably be me.  ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/13/07 at 11:14 am

Ten years ago I don't think he did. Or he might have started to.

But they did play the music video for "Amish Paradise" after the intermission.

He looked more nerdy back then than he does now.

Written By: nally on 02/13/07 at 11:16 am

He looked more nerdy back then than he does now.

At the time, I was just getting acquainted with his music; I didn't know very much about him.

I take it you've been a fan of him for a long time?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/13/07 at 11:17 am

Not yet, it's on sunday!
Ian has just told me that it's not going to be a group of fans all together meeting the band, but two at a time. I'm still really nervous about it, pathetic wuss that I am! So when you're brother tells you he met some squeaky, laughing insane woman that will probably be me.  ::)

You should show them your bruise.  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/13/07 at 9:59 pm

At the time, I was just getting acquainted with his music; I didn't know very much about him.

I take it you've been a fan of him for a long time?

Yeeeah. He used to be my favorite. I don't like him as much now, but I still hold a lot of respect for him. After all, if it weren't for him, I'd probably have a totally different taste in music.

Written By: nally on 02/13/07 at 10:23 pm

Yeeeah. He used to be my favorite. I don't like him as much now, but I still hold a lot of respect for him. After all, if it weren't for him, I'd probably have a totally different taste in music.

I just like his 80's and 90's stuff. His 00's stuff isn't all that appealing to me. :-\\

Written By: Gis on 02/20/07 at 8:25 am

So I have had my brush with Bowling for Soup!

It was kind of cool, but kind of sucked too. We met them in the auditorium of the venue the gig was being held in and unfortunatly the other bands were sound checking at the time which meant we didn't get a chance to chat to them because it was just way to noisy. :( 
I got my T-shirt signed and had my photo taken with them which I will post later. It was lucky I decided to wear sneakers because I was the same height as them in the photo if I would have worn heels like I had planned I would have been like some tall freak woman in the picture!  ;D 

Check for new replies or respond here...