inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: get it on in the park

Written By: vanillagirl on 01/29/07 at 5:46 pm

from ananova:
Bary, Italy is opening a park where couples can be intimate.  They pay

Subject: Re: get it on in the park

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/29/07 at 7:31 pm

The problem is GETTING to Italy if you're not already there :D

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/07 at 11:11 pm

Giuseppe Foggetti, an entrepeneur, conceived of the idea

An idea conceived, so couples can conceive ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/07 at 12:19 am

Do they have exit punch tickets like a parking garage, or do the rangers just watch and keep time?
:P

The living at home with parents point is a good one.  Fifty years ago couples got married and started families at 19 and 20 years old.  No accident, no stress...it was normal.  That's because in, say, 1960 a 20 year old man could get a job that would support a wife and a child, and be alble to keep that job and make more money to be able to support more children down the line.

I won't talk too much politics/economics here, but things have changed and not for the better.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/30/07 at 11:49 am

I think it's a good idea in theory...but I can't imagine actually going there.  It would be weird...and a little creepy.

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/30/07 at 12:17 pm

That's just silly ::)
The point of having sex in public is the idea of being caught and shock people.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/07 at 12:18 pm

That's just silly ::)
The point of having sex in public is the idea of being caught and shock people.

It's better to have sex at home. ;)

Written By: Tia on 01/30/07 at 12:21 pm

can i go and just... sit around?

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/30/07 at 12:24 pm

It's better to have sex at home. ;)

Yes...sometimes :D

;D Who would you want to watch getting it on with Kim?

Written By: Tia on 01/30/07 at 12:36 pm

:D ;D Who would you want to watch getting it on with Kim?
>:( kim doesn't do filthy things like have sex! she's pure as the driven snow.

i'm not quite sure how to explain those four children of hers but i'm pretty sure i'm right about this.

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/30/07 at 12:42 pm

>:( kim doesn't do filthy things like have sex! she's pure as the driven snow.

i'm not quite sure how to explain those four children of hers but i'm pretty sure i'm right about this.

Oh,she's the Virgin Mary?

Written By: Tia on 01/30/07 at 12:55 pm

Oh,she's the Virgin Mary?
that's always been kinda her public image. in escape (1990), which she co-produced, she has her character lecture someone for cussing. (i think he says "goddammit.")

and then there's this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h7WgwZRz0BY

"you mean they come in different sizes?!? :o :o"

Written By: Tia on 01/30/07 at 12:58 pm

i bet in real life she could suck a golfball through a garden hose, though.

anyway, back to the park. it does make me wonder if people can go there alone. will they let gay couples in? teenagers and the elderly? large groups? livestock? they seem to think it's just going to be straight couples but it's a wacky world out there. they're going to have to make a lot of executive decisions on the fly.

and how is the guy gonna guarantee privacy?

Written By: Howard on 01/30/07 at 12:59 pm

Sit Around? Why?

Written By: jackas on 01/30/07 at 1:26 pm

i bet in real life she could suck a golfball through a garden hose, though.

anyway, back to the park. it does make me wonder if people can go there alone. will they let gay couples in? teenagers and the elderly? large groups? livestock? they seem to think it's just going to be straight couples but it's a wacky world out there. they're going to have to make a lot of executive decisions on the fly.

and how is the guy gonna guarantee privacy?

Gay couples....like two chicks?  Is this why you would like to just go and sit around? ;D 

You have a good point here.  I mean, most people would want to die if they were trying to get it on and along came two burly gay guys or some old farts. :o

Written By: Tia on 01/30/07 at 1:29 pm

Gay couples....like two chicks?  Is this why you would like to just go and sit around? ;D 

on a not entirely unrelated note, andre wore a shirt on saturday when  we played out that said "I lesbians."

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/30/07 at 2:10 pm

And really, how would that work?  You pull up to the gates and say "Oh, I'm just here to watch."  Do you get a discount for that?

on a not entirely unrelated note, andre wore a shirt on saturday when  we played out that said "I lesbians."

Well who doesn't?

Written By: Tia on 01/31/07 at 11:36 am

And really, how would that work?  You pull up to the gates and say "Oh, I'm just here to watch."  Do you get a discount for that?

or maybe you could get in by using a lifelike doll, sorta like how some people get away with driving in HOV lanes.

come to mention it, would it be legal to do in with a sex doll? any reason why people who like sex dolls shouldn't be able to get it on in public? what about that guy who fell in love with a small earthmover? any particular reason why he shouldn't be able to do it with his earthmover in the park? really, i bet they haven't thought of these things!

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/31/07 at 3:45 pm

Before I was married we went to the park all them time.  We never had to pay to get in but then again it was usually after dark.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/31/07 at 4:35 pm

Before I was married we went to the park all them time.  We never had to pay to get in but then again it was usually after dark.   ;)

About what time?

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/31/07 at 4:49 pm

About what time?

??? ???
Around 10. 

Written By: Tia on 01/31/07 at 6:43 pm

??? ???
Around 10. 
central time? mountain time? i need specifics!

Written By: jackas on 01/31/07 at 7:34 pm

Before I was married we went to the park all them time.  We never had to pay to get in but then again it was usually after dark.  ;)

About what time?

??? ???
Around 10. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/31/07 at 7:37 pm

If you had a time machine, you could travel back 20 years to Willowbrook Park...any friday night.  Look for the little red Hinda Civic. 

Written By: jackas on 01/31/07 at 7:39 pm

or maybe you could get in by using a lifelike doll, sorta like how some people get away with driving in HOV lanes.

come to mention it, would it be legal to do in with a sex doll? any reason why people who like sex dolls shouldn't be able to get it on in public? what about that guy who fell in love with a small earthmover? any particular reason why he shouldn't be able to do it with his earthmover in the park? really, i bet they haven't thought of these things!

You could always play chess.

http://www.shuzenji-net.co.jp/dolls/report/chess.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/31/07 at 7:40 pm

I think they'll just go by mounting time

Written By: jackas on 01/31/07 at 7:56 pm

I think they'll just go by mounting time

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/31/07 at 8:19 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif
what an enthusiastic smiley you have there.  ;D  it's definitely the time zone I'm in.

Written By: jackas on 01/31/07 at 8:44 pm

what an enthusiastic smiley you have there.   ;D  it's definitely the time zone I'm in.

Your jacuzzi is like a time machine....it sends you from Pacific to Mounting. ::) ;)

Written By: karen on 02/01/07 at 7:19 am

I saw a programme a couple of months ago and it had this guy who had two hobbies.  Lifelike dolls and hang gliding.  He used to take his doll along to wait in the car whilst he went out on his hang glider.  He'd leave her with a magazine and soetimes leave the radio on.  :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/07 at 12:55 pm

Your jacuzzi is like a time machine....it sends you from Pacific to Mounting. ::) ;)
time travel rules http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/luxhello.gif 

Written By: Howard on 02/01/07 at 2:34 pm

You could always play chess.

http://www.shuzenji-net.co.jp/dolls/report/chess.jpg

Are those blow up dolls?

Written By: Tia on 02/01/07 at 3:13 pm

those appear to be RealDolls (TM). i'm not in the least proud of knowing that.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/01/07 at 3:14 pm

I knew that too...I think I saw something about them on the show Real Sex. :-[

Written By: Howard on 02/01/07 at 3:16 pm

I would like to have one of those for the time being till I'm back to seeing my significant other. ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/01/07 at 3:20 pm

I would like to have one of those for the time being till I'm back to seeing my significant other. ;D

For about 6,000 bucks you can get one!

Written By: Howard on 02/01/07 at 3:22 pm

Too much for me. ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 12:05 am

I did too - it's nothing to be embarassed about.  I think it's a good thing that HBO is out there to educate us about dolls and Jack and the Beanstalk!  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/02/07 at 2:03 am

you're not completely ashamed are you? because it almost comes off like your bragging  ;D

I saw more than that on Real Sex. on 2 different showings i have seen friends on the show, one dressed as a naughty Doctor at the Exotic Erotic Ball in San Francisco, and the other was a couple I know that went to an adult/sex voyeur resort place in Oakland and HBO's Real Sex happened to be filming that very weekend.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/02/07 at 2:59 am

Damn, Mike.  You know some free-kay people. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/02/07 at 3:07 am

Damn, Mike.  You know some free-kay people. 
I didn't know they were until they got caught  ;D  It kinda surprised a lot of us, oh yeah one person had it taped and was circulating the tape. When they first gave it to me, it was to verify that it was our friends on the show, and verification was made.

Written By: jackas on 02/02/07 at 6:15 am

I didn't know they were until they got caught  ;D  It kinda surprised a lot of us, oh yeah one person had it taped and was circulating the tape. When they first gave it to me, it was to verify that it was our friends on the show, and verification was made.

That was nice of you to verify.  I know you hate to see that kind of rubbish.

Speaking of HBO's Real Sex...has anyone ever noticed how unattractive most of those people are?  Except Mike's friends, of course. ;)  It seems they always make their way down to some raunchy place in Florida where there are tons of old naked people. 

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/02/07 at 6:21 am

That was nice of you to verify.  I know you hate to see that kind of rubbish.

Speaking of HBO's Real Sex...has anyone ever notice how unattractive most of those people are?  Except Mike's friends, of course. ;)  It seems they always make their way down to some raunchy place in Florida where there tons of old naked people. 

;D So true!!!
Every nudist beach i ever went to all the people looked so bad,i had to close my eyes the entire time :o

Written By: karen on 02/02/07 at 6:24 am

Speaking of HBO's Real Sex...has anyone ever notice how unattractive most of those people are?  Except Mike's friends, of course. ;)  It seems they always make their way down to some raunchy place in Florida where there tons of old naked people. 

Sounds similar to a program the aired in the UK.  I forget the title of it.  Anyway it was full of ugly people telling you about thei swinging experiences and the like  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/pukeface.gif

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 10:43 am

nope. price went up. it's almost eight now.

plus, apparently they're really high maintenance. harpers magazine a few months ago had an excerpt from a realdoll owner's manual, it's.... hilarious! there's all this stuff you have to do. you have to bathe it, carefully hang it up at the end of the night to keep it from getting dents and wrinkles, all this stuff. its face is removable.

it's so high maintenance, really, you might as well just be in a real relationship. can you imagine anything more depressing than having a tattered, messed up realdoll with only one eyeball and a bunch of scratches from when the cat got at it? that is would be REALLY depressing.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/02/07 at 11:26 am

nope. price went up. it's almost eight now.

plus, apparently they're really high maintenance. harpers magazine a few months ago had an excerpt from a realdoll owner's manual, it's.... hilarious! there's all this stuff you have to do. you have to bathe it, carefully hang it up at the end of the night to keep it from getting dents and wrinkles, all this stuff. its face is removable.

it's so high maintenance, really, you might as well just be in a real relationship. can you imagine anything more depressing than having a tattered, messed up realdoll with only one eyeball and a bunch of scratches from when the cat got at it? that is would be REALLY depressing.

They're also very heavy, I saw the show with the male doll, and it took three women to move him around.  Hell, you'd be worn out before you even got started.  ;D

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 11:45 am

lord help me, i saw that. it was an HBO thing, yeah?

they rocked that realdoll's world! :o

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 12:03 pm

;D So true!!!
Every nudist beach i ever went to all the people looked so bad,i had to close my eyes the entire time :o

Totally!  I've only been to one, but I'm telling you, there was not one naked person under 50. 

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/02/07 at 12:11 pm

Totally!  I've only been to one, but I'm telling you, there was not one naked person under 50. 

What I want to know is....did YOU kept your swimsuit on ???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 12:17 pm

What I want to know is....did YOU kept your swimsuit on ???

Yes! 

My husband got really drunk (free rum punch) and kept trying to get me to take it off, but there was no way it was going to happen.  ::)

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/02/07 at 12:27 pm

Yes! 

My husband got really drunk (free rum punch) and kept trying to get me to take it off, but there was no way it was going to happen.  ::)

Good!!!
Cause you know what is worse than ugly looking naked men? Ugly looking naked men walking around with a boner :o

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/02/07 at 12:29 pm

Good!!!
Cause you know what is worse than ugly looking naked men? Ugly looking naked men walking around with a boner :o

;D ;D ;D ;D

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 12:30 pm

what are you, some kind of ebeemiphile or something? some emophile?

wait. what was that damn word again?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 12:31 pm

Good!!!

;D

what are you, some kind of ebeemiphile or something? some emophile?

wait. what was that damn word again?

Emo?  Um...NO!

Written By: Howard on 02/02/07 at 2:22 pm

;D So true!!!

So you didn't want to see their shmeckys?  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...