inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you snore?

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 01/30/07 at 3:56 pm

I was dared to ask this question.  ;D

How many of you snore, raise your hand. *hand up*  :-[ I try not to, but I guess its no use in trying to fight it.

Subject: Re: Do you snore?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/30/07 at 3:58 pm

Never...

...but my other half does...all the time...and lemme tell you, he could wake the dead!  :o :P

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/30/07 at 4:46 pm

I thought I never snored, but my boyfriend said he heard me one night - so it makes me wonder  :-\\ One thing's for sure on his end - he definetly snores! But, I don't mind it actually  :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/30/07 at 4:49 pm

I do on occasion.  Once I fell asleep sitting up in bed and I kept waking myself up because I was snoring. 

Written By: Paul on 01/30/07 at 4:53 pm

Nope...and I've been told that I don't, so there!  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 01/30/07 at 5:25 pm

Yeah. If I've been drinking I sleep that special drunk sleep where I snore so loud I keep the dogs up, but if I'm in a sober state I don't snore too loud, that annoying kind apparently...whatever that is.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/30/07 at 5:28 pm

Nope.

Written By: spaceace on 01/30/07 at 5:59 pm

sometimes. :-[

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/30/07 at 6:00 pm

Nah. I've been told I smack my tongue against the roof of my mouth, though.

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/30/07 at 6:56 pm

Yeah I do.  :P

Written By: La Roche on 01/30/07 at 8:16 pm

Nah. I've been told I smack my tongue against the roof of my mouth, though.

Do you mumble?

I sometimes do like.. a lip smacking thing and mumble stuff. Really weird dream talk like "Plug the amp in over there Charlie Parker, then you and Mrs. Butterscotch can go and sit on Pete Rose's back."

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/07 at 8:34 pm

I have been told that I snore, but I refuse to believe it.  lol

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/30/07 at 9:00 pm

Do you mumble?

I sometimes do like.. a lip smacking thing and mumble stuff. Really weird dream talk like "Plug the amp in over there Charlie Parker, then you and Mrs. Butterscotch can go and sit on Pete Rose's back."

Not that I know of!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/30/07 at 9:19 pm

I don't unless I'm so sick I can't breathe through my nose, then I do that annoying pssshhhh thing.  I've had people tell me they have to check and see if I'm actually breathing when I sleep ;D  Hubby does, though, and it drives me batty if I've not fallen asleep before him.  I do grind my teeth, though......so bad, in fact, that I've broken teeth before and woken people up, which is why I now have a mouthpiece that I wear every night.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/30/07 at 10:03 pm

Yes...I totally do. :D

Written By: Jessica on 01/30/07 at 10:07 pm

Do you mumble?

I mumble stuff sometimes...not as weird as that, though! My grandfather, who used to work on boat motors, had the habit of directing boats in his sleep. Like he'd start saying, "Move the boat over a bit more. Wait, stop! You're going to hit something!" And he also had 'nam flashbacks. :P

Yeah, I snore, especially when I'm wasted or on medication.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/30/07 at 10:09 pm

I've been told I don't.

However, on that note, I hate being around anyone who does snore. And if I'm ever sleeping in the same room anyone else is, I usually have to put up with it since it takes me awhile to fall asleep.

This is F'ed up in a way, but especially if they're in "saw cutting snore" mode, I always try to clap loud enough so it sorta jolts them to a "less asleep mode" and makes them at least temporarily stop. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/30/07 at 10:11 pm

I've been told I don't.

However, on that note, I hate being around anyone who does snore. And if I'm ever sleeping in the same room anyone else is, I usually have to put up with it since it takes me awhile to fall asleep.

This is F'ed up in a way, but especially if they're in "saw cutting snore" mode, I always try to clap loud enough so it sorta jolts them to a "less asleep mode" and makes them at least temporarily stop. ;D

hahahaha...this reminds me of when I went on vacation with my parents and sister Beth about 5 years ago. Beth and I roomed together and at night I would snore so loud that she would like bodyslam the bed just to get me to shut up...and the funny thing is that I don't remember any of it...I was SOUND asleep!! ;D :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/30/07 at 10:17 pm

hahahaha...this reminds me of when I went on vacation with my parents and sister Beth about 5 years ago. Beth and I roomed together and at night I would snore so loud that she would like bodyslam the bed just to get me to shut up...and the funny thing is that I don't remember any of it...I was SOUND asleep!! ;D :D

;D

You probably (at the time) thought that was part of the dream.

BTW, it seems there's two different types of snoring. I can take "breathing" style. It's the snorting kind that drives me crazy (I'm assuming that comes from being in a deeper state of sleep).

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/30/07 at 10:24 pm

When we first moved down here, we were staying at the hotel my dad was living in, while we waited for the moving van and all our shizz to get here.  My sister and I had to share a bed.....and not only does she snore, she drools and kicks.  So every night I'm smacking her in the back, in the leg....anything to get to her to quit.  She'd wake up black and blue.  Finally she got pissed off at me and slept on the couch.

Written By: MLB on 01/30/07 at 10:37 pm

Apparently I do. Got violently prodded one night away from home sharing a room with cousins. Tho I'm  not
as horrible as the dog, or the cat or my father and grandfather. They all get into snarkey, bear noises and you pray you fall asleep before they start up.  I can sleep thru it, but as others have said it's tough to sleep if they are already making noise and you're awake.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/30/07 at 10:45 pm

I've been told I don't.

ooohhhh, I'll have to try that....usually I just yank on the blankets or bounce on the bed to get hubby "roused" enough to stop ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/30/07 at 10:54 pm

Yes I do. 

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/30/07 at 11:18 pm

ooohhhh, I'll have to try that....usually I just yank on the blankets or bounce on the bed to get hubby "roused" enough to stop ;)

Hey, whateve works. ;D

The trick is to be quick enough so they don't "catch" you. If it's just a sudden noise, they won't know what woke them.

Written By: Howard on 01/31/07 at 4:14 pm

No,Not Really

Written By: gemini on 01/31/07 at 5:06 pm

No, but Tony and the dog snore.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/31/07 at 9:36 pm

Hey, whateve works. ;D

The trick is to be quick enough so they don't "catch" you. If it's just a sudden noise, they won't know what woke them.
That should work.....he'll probably think he woke himself up (especially if I pretend to be asleep ;))

Written By: karen on 02/01/07 at 9:01 am

I do.  My husband does as well.  I've found that if he starts snoring loudly before I've fallen asleep I can usually get him to move by turning myself onto the other side in an exagerrated manner.  He usually wakes briefly, rolls over and is quiet

Written By: La Roche on 02/01/07 at 9:10 am

And he also had 'nam flashbacks. :P

My old man has flashbacks. Not to 'nam, he wasn't out there.

Wakes up shouting and thrashing around.  :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 02/01/07 at 9:11 am

I caught myself snoring last night.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/07 at 2:51 pm

I caught myself snoring last night.

How could you have caught yourself,You're asleep. ???

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 02/01/07 at 5:58 pm

Easy, Howard. You just snore to the point that you startle yourself awake.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/07 at 9:55 pm

hahaa...I do that all the time! :D

Written By: Howard on 02/02/07 at 3:04 pm

Do you take those nose bandages and put them near your nose so It's to prevent you from snoring?

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 02/02/07 at 3:22 pm

Do you take those nose bandages and put them near your nose so It's to prevent you from snoring?

Those things didn't work for me. I still snored. Its in my blood to snore, I come from a long line of snorers. ;)  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 3:38 pm

I do when I'm sick.

My childhood dog snored loud.  It was the cutest thing ever.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 02/02/07 at 3:55 pm

I do when I'm sick.

My childhood dog snored loud.  It was the cutest thing ever.

My dog did too.  :)

Written By: Jessica on 02/02/07 at 3:56 pm

I was half asleep and half awake, but I was still snoring and I heard myself.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/07 at 7:48 am

I was half asleep and half awake, but I was still snoring and I heard myself.

have you ever thought of recording yourself? ;D

Written By: jaytee on 02/04/07 at 5:39 am

Apparently

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/07 at 6:53 am

Only when I am asleep.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/07 at 1:10 pm

My parents snore.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/04/07 at 1:11 pm

Only when I am asleep.

;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/04/07 at 1:25 pm

I never snored

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 02/06/07 at 9:12 am

Yes, I snore. The other night I heard my  9 month old niece snoring, it sounded so cute.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 12:39 pm

My Parents snore

Check for new replies or respond here...