inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bulk mail/Spam stoey

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/31/07 at 8:20 pm

I don't know how well this game will go over, but I guess we'll see.

I get hundreds of spam e-mails a day, especially on my oldest e-mail account.  Thankfully I have a spam filter which redirects them to the builk mail folder in which I delete them.  I usely check through the folder though before I delete it just in case something legitimate has fallen through the filter.

Anyways, to make a long story short (too late), some of the subject lines on these spam e-mails are funny and I wondered if I could make a story from just the subject lines/titles of these spam.

Feel free to add any subject lines you've gotten in the past few days.

Here are some of mine today:

anger mine hand upon his hairs of Pharaoh's household

Be another

An fatal

sweatshirt mutton

Have catlike adagio

Til the End of Time

Forever and Ever

Our Two Hearts

Wrapped in Your Arms

-----

These are just a few.  I'm sure I could make up a story using these random words, along with the names of the "people" sneding me them.  If you have nothing better to do, why not write a story using the above ones or some of your own? 

Yeah you can tell I was bored, can't you?  lol

Subject: Re: Bulk mail/Spam story

Written By: Red Ant on 02/01/07 at 12:44 am

I set up a hotmail account barely two weeks ago. In that time, I have received nearly 50 spam emails. As soon as I can read Chinese characters, I'll make a story.

Until that cold day in Hell arrives, please feel free to forward the following to all spammers:

"Dear Spammer,

In the unlikely event that you are literate and intelligent enough to comprehend this message, please do us all a favor and kill yourself, preferably using as slow, painful, embarrassing and messy method as possible. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The World at Large"

Written By: Marian on 02/01/07 at 1:41 pm

I set up a hotmail account barely two weeks ago. In that time, I have received nearly 50 spam emails. As soon as I can read Chinese characters, I'll make a story.

Until that cold day in Hell arrives, please feel free to forward the following to all spammers:

"Dear Spammer,

In the unlikely event that you are literate and intelligent enough to comprehend this message, please do us all a favor and kill yourself, preferably using as slow, painful, embarrassing and messy method as possible. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The World at Large"
Your response is really funny.My real first bname is popular with asians,so i get a lot of Spam in Chinese myself.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/10/07 at 9:46 pm

Your response is really funny.My real first bname is popular with asians,so i get a lot of Spam in Chinese myself.

Thanks.

I got this today:

"Dear Beloved,

Due to the sudden death of my  husband General Abacha the former head of state of Nigeria in June 1998, I have been thrown into a state of hopelessness by the present administration.I have lost confidence with anybody within my country. I got your contacts through personal research, and had to reach you through this medium. I will give you more details when you reply.

Due to security network placed on my daily affairs I cant visit the embassy so that is why I have contacted you. My husband deposited $12.6million dollars with a security firm abroad whose name is witheld for now till we communicate. I will be happy if you can receive this funds and keep it safe I assure you 20% of this fund. I will need your telephone/mobile numbers so that we can commence communication.

Sincerely Yours

Hajia Mariam."

I suppose since this is clearly a scam that the email address is legit: after all, you can't help someone who you can't reach.

Here is my reply:

"Dear Spammer,

You must think I am the stupidest person on the planet to fall for this tired scam. I'm glad your husband is dead, really. I hope he died a horrible death, one that is fitting of all spammers and scammers.  If you really got my "contacts through personal research", how is it that you don't even know my name? Well, you can contact me at 1-800-EAT-SH*T.

Sincerely,

Beloved

PS: I forwarded your email to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I'm sure they will be most interested in helping you in your endeavor."

Written By: Marian on 03/08/07 at 12:06 pm

"Dear Spammer,

Sincerely,

The World at Large"
I've used obscenities having to do with their mother,just for fun,since i know no one i like would send me this junk!

Check for new replies or respond here...