inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Something's wrong with my computer

Written By: gemini on 02/03/07 at 10:26 am

Everytime I "google" something, I get the page full of results, then when I click on one, it takes me somewhere totally off the wall. This started happening yesterday. I ran my virus scan and it said I had a trojan, which I have no idea what that is, but it deleted it. Everything was fine for a few hours, then it started doing the same thing again.  Anyone have any idea? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Subject: Re: Something's wrong with my computer

Written By: gemini on 02/03/07 at 11:06 am

Nevermind, I finally got to my antivirus site. I'll figure it out.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/03/07 at 1:42 pm

Nevermind, I finally got to my antivirus site. I'll figure it out.
hey Rhonda, if your antivirus does not eliminate the little bugger, try SpySweeper. I bought the software for 30-40bucks and it found stuff hidden that my regular anti-v protection didn't find. it worked great.

Written By: Jessica on 02/03/07 at 6:00 pm

That's on my sister's computer, too. It sucks. You might want to try Ad-Aware as well.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/03/07 at 6:05 pm

That's on my sister's computer, too. It sucks. You might want to try Ad-Aware as well.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com
ad-aware is a good one and it's free, I use that but the bug I had was not able to be removed by ad-aware, maybe gemini's will be. SpySweeper kicked trojanhorse ass

Written By: gemini on 02/03/07 at 6:36 pm

Thanks for the info, but I've already ran, Adaware, Spybot Search and destroy, Crapcleaner, and my antivirus program, and it's still screwed up. I read up on it a little, and it's not a virus, but bad enough. I'll probably have to have someone look at it, since I'm not into messing it up worse by trying to fix it myself.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/03/07 at 8:01 pm

Have you tried using a different search engine to see if the problem is only happening with google?

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/04/07 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for the info, but I've already ran, Adaware, Spybot Search and destroy, Crapcleaner, and my antivirus program, and it's still screwed up. I read up on it a little, and it's not a virus, but bad enough. I'll probably have to have someone look at it, since I'm not into messing it up worse by trying to fix it myself.

A total re-install would probably do it in the shortest amount of time with the least grief. Then after that you can try to prevent these problems happening before they screw everything up. Good luck!

Check for new replies or respond here...