inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Just a little anecdote....

Written By: loki 13 on 02/05/07 at 8:08 pm

Being a welder is not a clean job. I left work in a hurry today because I had a doctor's appointment. I wanted
to get home, eat dinner, shower then off to the appointment. Now for the story.

I was never able to grow facial hair and when I do it's mostly gray and very light. I shave every four or five days,
sometimes I get lazy and let it go a week, this was one of those times. When I came home from work I sat down
to get ready for dinner, my wife looked at me and asked, "Are you using Just For Men on your moustache?"
I looked at her puzzled, she told me my upper lip was darker and fuller. Without missing a beat, I stood up,
grabbed a paper towel and wiped my upper lip vigorously, Then handed her the dirty towel and asked, "Better?"

Subject: Re: Just a little anecdote....

Written By: jackas on 02/05/07 at 8:13 pm

;D ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 02/05/07 at 8:35 pm

I got another one, This one almost got me slapped upside the head.  ;D

My daughter is working nights, so we have our granddaughter Autumn. As I was sitting at
the computer just lurking, autumn brought me over her shoes. I clapped the shoes together
the tossed them across the room. Autumn laughed and chased the shoes down and brought
them back, so I did it again. Again she laughed and chased the shoes. I told my wife,"Look
Sweetie, this is better than having a dog, Autumn likes to play fetch."

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/06/07 at 12:09 am

you are too funny, Kevin!! ;D :D

Written By: jackas on 02/06/07 at 8:21 am

Yep, I enjoyed these. :)

Written By: loki 13 on 02/06/07 at 5:48 pm

Yep, I enjoyed these. :)

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.  :(

you are too funny, Kevin!! ;D :D

Thanks Erin, I have quite a few amusing little stories, I'll post a few more as I remember all the sordid details.  ;D

Written By: jackas on 02/06/07 at 5:48 pm

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.  :(

But I can. :)

Written By: loki 13 on 02/06/07 at 6:04 pm

But I can. :)

Thanks Chrissy.  :)

I remember another one from years ago. This one is more funny than disgusting.  ;D

When my oldest daughter was a baby my wife and I used cloth diapers. When I would change her, I would
play a game by grabbing the diaper by the corners and yanking it out from under her, like a magician with a tablecloth.
One day, I played the usual game, only this time there was a little surprise. My daughter was often constipated, and when
she went it was a bunch of little balls in her diaper, little bombs as we called them. This day I didn't check for the bombs
and proceeded to yank the diaper out from under her, needless to say, I had all these little bombs flying all over the bedroom,
and just as my wife enter the room. Imagine her surprise when she had to duck away from all the turd bombs.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/06/07 at 6:05 pm

;D ;D

My husband is the same, his beard comes in either blond or gray...I can't tell.  He used to grow his beard during deer season, I always threatened to darken it with mascara.  

Autumn sounds like a doll!!  My son pretends to be a dog all the time, Biscuit is his name.   He's a goof-ball.  :D

Thanks Chrissy.  :)

I remember another one from years ago. This one is more funny than disgusting.  ;D

When my oldest daughter was a baby my wife and I used cloth diapers. When I would change her, I would
play a game by grabbing the diaper by the corners and yanking it out from under her, like a magician with a tablecloth.
One day, I played the usual game, only this time there was a little surprise. My daughter was often constipated, and when
she went it was a bunch of little balls in her diaper, little bombs as we called them. This day I didn't check for the bombs
and proceeded to yank the diaper out from under her, needless to say, I had all these little bombs flying all over the bedroom,
and just as my wife enter the room. Imagine her surprise when she had to duck away from all the turd bombs.

That's the best!!!  ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...