inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: :O Self Esteem Thread.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/14/07 at 6:10 pm

Well... Almost everybody here have some problems with themselves... And some things they do like.

So list what you like and dislike about yourself! WOOO!! Maybe it can turn into a "Person above me!" type thing, and say something you like about the person who posted above you. *Shrug*

To start off, I hate my demeanor in social situations.

But I think I have a freakin' great taste in music.

Subject: Re: :O Self Esteem Thread.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/14/07 at 6:20 pm

I hate the fact that I am very introverted at times, when I should be extroverted.  I hate my looks.  I hate the fact that I was never as athletic in H.S. as I wanted to be. 

I think I'm smart, I think I'm a good listener and a good friend, and I think I have a nice taste in clothing.

Written By: Jessica on 02/14/07 at 6:21 pm

I hate my face, my body, and the fact that I can't confront people very well. But my cooking is exquisite.

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 6:25 pm

I hate the dark around my eyes and the fact that I look like I've been through ww3.  I also don't like the fact that I get offended so easily.

However when I make a friendship it's built to last.  I also am very understanding.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/07 at 6:32 pm

I hate the fact that I'm not stern enough,I'm too nice to most people I know. :-\\ 

Written By: Apricot on 02/14/07 at 6:47 pm

I hate the dark around my eyes and the fact that I look like I've been through ww3.

I have that.. and I freakin' love it. But that's just me.

I hate that I can't trust anyone.. all the time, I'm constantly worrying if my friends really like me, if my girlfriend really cares and wants me, or if they're just resigning to some fact that I'm never going to go away, or I'm all they have, or that I'm just some alternative until what they really want comes along.. I've always been kinda like this, but it got worse a while ago.
I hate that I'm irritating, that I fall flat far too often trying to be amusing,
I hate that I can't do anything that I'd like to be able to do, even with hours upon hours of practice and attempts,
I hate that I hate about 85% of everything,
I hate that I'm so different from everyone..

But on a wee bit of a positive, I've been told that I really make people feel important.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/14/07 at 6:57 pm

I hate the fact that I cry for everything, happy, sad, mad or worried.

But I know I'm a good and honest person, and I think I'm a pretty good mother. 

Written By: Jessica on 02/14/07 at 6:58 pm

I have that.. and I freakin' love it. But that's just me.

I hate that I can't trust anyone.. all the time, I'm constantly worrying if my friends really like me, if my girlfriend really cares and wants me, or if they're just resigning to some fact that I'm never going to go away, or I'm all they have, or that I'm just some alternative until what they really want comes along.. I've always been kinda like this, but it got worse a while ago.
I hate that I'm irritating, that I fall flat far too often trying to be amusing,
I hate that I can't do anything that I'd like to be able to do, even with hours upon hours of practice and attempts,
I hate that I hate about 85% of everything,
I hate that I'm so different from everyone..

But on a wee bit of a positive, I've been told that I really make people feel important.

Hey, I only talk to you rarely on here, and I think you're great. You're smart, you have talent obviously, and you have a wicked sense of humor. :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/14/07 at 7:11 pm

I hate my skin since I had my kids since my hormones have now decided to revert back to my high school days ::)

I like that I'm a pretty good writer, fairly intelligent and I try to be a good friend/mother/person :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/14/07 at 8:59 pm

I hate being overweight, depressed most of the time, and WAY too hard on myself, and sometimes others...I also hate that I have a lot of phobias and hangups.

I love that I am odd in a good way, I love that I love things from the past and know a great deal about them. I love that I can write and have always been a quick learner.

Written By: Tia on 02/14/07 at 9:10 pm

i drink too much, i'm lazy, and i haven't had much financial success in life thus far.

i'm smart, i think i have a pretty good sense of humor, i'm a decent musician and writer, and i have lots and lots and lots of love to give.

and im kinda weird and eccentric. i'd put that in both the plus and minus column.

Written By: Gis on 02/15/07 at 10:39 am

I hate that I can worry too much and that I talk myself out of things. I hate my hair and that I have no willpower, but mostly I hate my depression.

I'm a good listener and a good friend, I have a great sense of humour, I love the way things and people interest me.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/15/07 at 10:57 am

i drink too much, i'm lazy, and i haven't had much financial success in life thus far.

i'm smart, i think i have a pretty good sense of humor, i'm a decent musician and writer, and i have lots and lots and lots of love to give.

and im kinda weird and eccentric. i'd put that in both the plus and minus column.

I think if you stop drinking so much, you'd get the energy to get a job and have more financial success... :P

All your answers lie in your drinking habits!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/07 at 11:10 am

I hate my ass.  And my thighs.  I hate that I'm really impatient with people, and sometimes intolerant of people who I think are stupid.

I love that I'm friendly and have a good heart.  I'm generous and kind to children and animals. 

And I really love all of you guys.  Every single one of you.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/15/07 at 11:15 am

There are days i wake up and wish i was just someone else,someone smarter,better,prettier,happier...
And then there are days i see myself as exactly who i always wanted to be...

About this self-esteem topic,does anyone remember a show from the 90's My So Called Life?
The main character Angela had this line that 'til this day i never forgot:
"Sometimes it seems like we're all living in some kind of prison. And the crime is how much we hate ourselves.It's good to get really dressed up once in a while.And admit the truth: that when you really look closely?People are so strange and so complicated that they're actually...beautiful.Possibly even me."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/07 at 11:55 am

I am lazy, and I procrastinate A LOT!!!!

I am intellegent and I think I am a nice person. I am also a good friend, good listener and I try not to judge people.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 02/15/07 at 1:27 pm

Where do I start?

I don't like that as I get older, my crows feet come out more.
I don't like that the skin under my chin is starting to sag.
I don't like that I can be a very anal person, I tend to like things done my way or no way.
I don't like that I smoke, yet I am no where near ready to quit.
I don't like that food is my other addictive behavior - although I try to snack on the good stuff.
I don't like that I can cry at the drop of a hat too. Disney movies, commercials, tv shows... if it's emotional, I am too!

A +/- is that I am really hard on the son when it comes to school. Schooling means everything to me and the son doesn't quite understand that yet.

I love that I am an idiot. I see the hilarity in some things other people don't. My sense of humour is off the scale. Sometimes to the point of insensitivity.
I love that I accept people at face value, until they do me wrong.
But most of all, I love that I can love.

Written By: jackas on 02/15/07 at 2:01 pm

I don't like...

I'm scatterbrained...This makes me forget everything and become disorganized
I'm indecisive...I'll take an hour to decide what to have for dinner.  Meanwhile the scatterbrain kicks in and I forget what I was doing.
I'm ugly
I'm never satisfied with anything
I'm not very personable...I always forget to give compliments and ask how people are doing.
I'm too strong emotionally

I like...

My sense of humor...I'm a total goof ball...like all the time.  I often don't know when to stop joking
My introversion...I've very comfortable with being introverted. 
I'm unbiased...I like to look at both sides of a situation and understand them.  I usually don't think my way is right, it's just my way.
I'm a logical thinker
I'm not prissy
I'm not fake
I'm strong emotionally

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/15/07 at 2:03 pm

I don't like...

I'm ugly

ya right!! You are very pretty :)

Written By: Tam on 02/15/07 at 2:08 pm

I'll second that !

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/07 at 2:19 pm

I'll second that !

I third that.

I used to think that I was very plain looking but it is really hard to keep thinking that when someone tells me I'm beautiful almost every day.  :) :) :)

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 02/15/07 at 2:31 pm

I'm ugly

Dammit.. I had posted an image that said "Bullsh-t", but the filter changed it from "bullsh-t.jpg" to "balony.jpg".

Ah well, you get my message.

Written By: Howard on 02/15/07 at 2:35 pm

I like the fact that I'm a person who works hard and thinks positive all the time.
I hate it that I'm thinning on top. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/15/07 at 3:10 pm

I third that.

I used to think that I was very plain looking but it is really hard to keep thinking that when someone tells me I'm beautiful almost every day.  :) :) :)

Cat

that does help a lot, doesn't it? My husband is the same way....he always tells me that he loves me just the way that I am...now, if only I could love myself the way that I am. :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/15/07 at 3:11 pm

I don't like that I'm a creep.

I like that I'm a creep.

Oh, the humanity!  :o :o :o

Written By: Howard on 02/15/07 at 3:33 pm

that does help a lot, doesn't it? My husband is the same way....he always tells me that he loves me just the way that I am...now, if only I could love myself the way that I am. :D

You're fine the way you are. :)

Written By: Gis on 02/15/07 at 4:14 pm

I third that.

Cat
I'm the same too. I used to find the compliment so very hard to accept but now I know it is no more than my due being the goddess that I am.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/07 at 4:28 pm

I'm the same too. I used to find the compliment so very hard to accept but now I know it is no more than my due being the goddess that I am.  ;D

I hear ya fellow goddess.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/15/07 at 4:37 pm

And you're very personable, too!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/15/07 at 9:58 pm

You're fine the way you are. :)

aww, thanks Howard! :)

Written By: Tam on 02/15/07 at 10:23 pm

I hear ya fellow goddess.  ;)

Cat

Now how does one become this goddess? Cause I would so love to call myself that! 8)

Both y'all are fine specimens of a godess too! ;)

Written By: jackas on 02/15/07 at 11:27 pm

I'll second that !

I third that.

Cat

You're all sweet to say that, but I'm a little dysfunctional.  :-\\

This reminds me...I should have added to the list that I can't take a compliment...I don't like that.

Dammit.. I had posted an image that said "Bullsh-t", but the filter changed it from "bullsh-t.jpg" to "balony.jpg".

Ah well, you get my message.

And this is hilarious!  Damn filter! ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/16/07 at 7:04 am

aww, thanks Howard! :)

I feel like I want a nice group kiss  :-*

Written By: Apricot on 02/16/07 at 10:22 am

And this is hilarious!  Damn filter! ;D

It was real funny when it used to be more rigid.. you'd get things like "I'm going to tick on your mother's grave." or "I'm not a big fan of clbuttic rock, but I really enjoy bluegrbutt." ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/07 at 12:08 pm

Now how does one become this goddess? Cause I would so love to call myself that! 8)

Both y'all are fine specimens of a godess too! ;)

I hereby dub you "Goddess of the Message Board". You are now offically a goddess.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: jackas on 02/16/07 at 12:11 pm

It was real funny when it used to be more rigid.. you'd get things like "I'm going to tick on your mother's grave." or "I'm not a big fan of clbuttic rock, but I really enjoy bluegrbutt." ;D

LOL  That's a little extreme. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 02/16/07 at 12:17 pm

LOL  That's a little extreme. ;D

It was on the "Strict" setting some forums have.. for example "Hell" gets filtered as does "Hello" because they both contain that series of letters.. they become "Heck" and "Hecko" respectively.

Luckily, our filter isn't like that anymore.

Written By: Howard on 02/16/07 at 2:51 pm

I hate the fact that I'm not assertive enough :(

Written By: Tia on 02/16/07 at 7:32 pm

i've always been like that too, but lately i've taken to calmly bitching people out when they suck. it's actually quite enjoyable.

Check for new replies or respond here...