inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Site's Back!

Written By: Apricot on 02/19/07 at 6:09 pm

Sweet Jesus, Thank God, it's back online!

Did any of you realize how dependent you really are on this site? The whole time it was down, every 10 minutes, for the time each night I was on, I'd click the favorited link and be like "F--K!"

Subject: Re: Site's Back!

Written By: gemini on 02/19/07 at 6:15 pm

I thought I'd take a chance and see if it was back! Woohoo!

Written By: loki 13 on 02/19/07 at 6:24 pm

With the Saturday I had, I thought it was just me. I'm glad the site is back. I've been Jonesin' pretty bad.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/19/07 at 8:02 pm

I found myself with nothing to do.  I actually *GASP!*  cleaned!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/19/07 at 8:09 pm

It's good to see you all again.

Written By: woops on 02/19/07 at 8:09 pm

Great that it's now active   8) :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/19/07 at 8:59 pm

I spent most of the time curled up in a ball crying... nah... I screamed a lot, and then focused on my proof-checking of the amIright book.  Still got a bunch to get done before the weekend.  Still got a bunch of server cleanup left too... ugh, not enough hours in the day

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/19/07 at 9:08 pm

Glad it's back!!  :)

Written By: Brian06 on 02/19/07 at 9:25 pm

YAY!  :D

Written By: wildcard on 02/19/07 at 9:27 pm

I went and did some garden work to pass the time. Usually I cant keep myself from being on-line, I'm so happy the site's back. :)

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/07 at 9:29 pm

I was surprised how not totally lost I was while the site was gone.  It gave me time to watch my DVD box sets that I've been neglecting.  I watched 2 seasons worth of TV shows in 3 days ;D

Written By: nally on 02/19/07 at 9:40 pm

YAYYYY!!!

Thank you Chucky! 8)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/19/07 at 9:48 pm

I was surprised how not totally lost I was while the site was gone.  It gave me time to watch my DVD box sets that I've been neglecting.  I watched 2 seasons worth of TV shows in 3 days ;D

I actually spent time on other sites I've been neglecting because this is my primary one. 

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/07 at 9:55 pm

I actually spent time on other sites I've been neglecting because this is my primary one. 

You belong to other sites?  Shame on you! :D

Actually, I belong to like 6 other boards myself that I hardly ever visit.  While the site was gone, I took the time to visit them, which took a total of 15 minutes LOL

Written By: Southern Image on 02/19/07 at 10:07 pm

I cleaned my room on Saturday, and Sunday I spent ALL day with a good friend. He spoiled me and my daughter and took us  out to lunch, then to Stone Colds for some ice cream , after that to a movie to see Terabithia, and then to El Toritos for dinner. By the time I got home I was so tired I went to bed. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/19/07 at 10:23 pm

I missed you guys for 2 days,What happened to the forum? ???

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/19/07 at 10:24 pm

I missed you guys for 2 days,What happened to the forum? ???

As Chucky said, a hacker broke into the server and he had to rebuild and re-upload the site.

Written By: Howard on 02/19/07 at 10:26 pm

As Chucky said, a hacker broke into the server and he had to rebuild and re-upload the site.

I'm glad everything's back to normal. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/19/07 at 10:28 pm

Yes...well, I guess I realized that I am more addicted to the site than I thought I was.....although, I can say that I did get to bed earlier, and I was able to finish watching my Season 1 of "Ghost Whisperer". :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/20/07 at 10:44 am

Chucky, do you have any idea who the hacker was? 

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/20/07 at 10:54 am

Chucky, do you have any idea who the hacker was? 

DaveyBoySmith poked around at the stuff he left on the server before it was formatted.  Best we could gather, it was someone in Taiwan, using Gmail to launch phising schemes against Canadian banks.  He was also launching automated FTP attacks against various servers, I got a dozen or so nasty emails from people he was flooding with traffic.

He got in with a kernel exploit.  Turns out, the hosting company sold me a server two months ago with a two year old kernel installed.  I've been running all the update scripts, but it turns out you need to run the kernel updates separately from the others.  Won't happen again, I wouldn't accept the server back unless the kernel was up to date.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/20/07 at 10:56 am

DaveyBoySmith poked around at the stuff he left on the server before it was formatted.  Best we could gather, it was someone in Taiwan, using Gmail to launch phising schemes against Canadian banks.  He was also launching automated FTP attacks against various servers, I got a dozen or so nasty emails from people he was flooding with traffic.

Wow...pretty crazy stuff...

Written By: Henk on 02/20/07 at 12:41 pm

I'm glad the site's back. :) Thanks for all the hard work, Chucky.

With the site down, I've had the time to work on a new quiz... 8)

Written By: Howard on 02/20/07 at 12:48 pm

He got in with a kernel exploit.  Turns out, the hosting company sold me a server two months ago with a two year old kernel installed.  I've been running all the update scripts, but it turns out you need to run the kernel updates separately from the others.  Won't happen again, I wouldn't accept the server back unless the kernel was up to date.

That's some weird stuff. :o

Written By: Marian on 02/20/07 at 2:11 pm

I do that too!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/20/07 at 3:02 pm

I actually *GASP!*  cleaned!

Karma to you because I can so relate!  ;D ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...