inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What movie are you watching right now

Written By: Tia on 03/15/07 at 10:08 pm

does this thread exist yet? if so, lemme know, i can't remember.

anyway, i'm watching hustle and flow. it's cool! for once my netflix movies, inexplicably, don't suck.

Subject: Re: What movie are you watching right now

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/07 at 2:04 am

Having just woken up, I am not watching any movies at the moment.

Written By: Jessica on 03/16/07 at 9:19 am

Blue's Big Musical Movie :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/16/07 at 10:29 am

I'm not actually watching it..but I can hear Vaughn watching it in the next room..

"Tom & Jerry: Blast Off To Mars"

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/16/07 at 10:32 am

I'm not watching anything now, but my husband is trying to make me watch "Silent Hill" tonight and I don't wanna!  I HATE scary movies!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/16/07 at 10:34 am

I'm not watching anything now, but my husband is trying to make me watch "Silent Hill" tonight and I don't wanna!  I HATE scary movies!

oh gosh...that has to be one of the BEST scary movies I have EVER seen. It really freaked me out..but it was done so well. I cannot wait until the sequel comes out. You gotta see it Ash. ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/16/07 at 10:36 am

oh gosh...that has to be one of the BEST scary movies I have EVER seen. It really freaked me out..but it was done so well. I cannot wait until the sequel comes out. You gotta see it Ash. ;)

Well if you like it I might like it too...but I don't know...I get ridiculously scared...

Written By: Tia on 03/16/07 at 10:37 am

Well if you like it I might like it too...but I don't know...I get ridiculously scared...
that's because you're a liberal.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/16/07 at 10:38 am

It is...VERY freaky...but it's really cool because it takes place in a town that is nearly abandoned and forever on fire/smoke....that's what first made me wanna watch it....it has a really freaky storyline...but it definitely kept my attention the whole time! SO...do watch it..and then let me know what you thought of it. ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/16/07 at 10:40 am

that's because you're a liberal.

It's HIPPIE!  >:(

It is...VERY freaky...but it's really cool because it takes place in a town that is nearly abandoned and forever on fire/smoke....that's what first made me wanna watch it....it has a really freaky storyline...but it definitely kept my attention the whole time! SO...do watch it..and then let me know what you thought of it. ;)

Maybe.  I did see a show about a town that the movie is based on where there is fire under the ground.  Pretty weird. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/16/07 at 7:54 pm

It's HIPPIE!   >:(

Maybe.  I did see a show about a town that the movie is based on where there is fire under the ground.  Pretty weird. 

It's in Pennsylvania...it's called Centraila...very very odd, I've read all about it (and posted a thread about it in the Going Going Gone section).

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/16/07 at 7:58 pm

Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/07 at 10:18 am

I was all set to watch Edward Scissorhands, but something is on the television

Written By: Tia on 03/31/07 at 10:55 am

I was all set to watch Edward Scissorhands, but something is on the television
looks like somebody needs to start a "what movie were you gonna watch if you weren't watching the movie you're watching right now" thread.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/07 at 11:00 am

looks like somebody needs to start a "what movie were you gonna watch if you weren't watching the movie you're watching right now" thread.
Too true!

Written By: gemini on 03/31/07 at 11:44 am

I can hear the movie Cats & Dogs in the background, but I'm not watching it.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/07 at 3:14 pm

That's a little bit too long for a thread.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/31/07 at 3:15 pm

No it's not.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/07 at 3:33 pm

No it's not.

But how is it going to fit? ???

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/31/07 at 3:35 pm

But how is it going to fit? ???

Mike will find a way.

Written By: Tia on 03/31/07 at 3:40 pm

i tried to start a "the dad, have you ever been alone? I mean really alone? like you're in this cave and this giant rock falls across the entrance and the bats go to the bathroom in your hat? or, you're in a jungle and an elephant steps on your foot and monkeys throw bananas at you and youre in an empty apartment all by yourself and you'd love to stay downstairs with your friends but youre afraid their father might say no? thread" but it wouldn't fit. :(

Written By: gemini on 03/31/07 at 7:22 pm

The original Parent Trap is on right now, and Tony turned it.  >:(  I see a fight for the remote starting.

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 8:33 pm

the original parent trap is a cool movie. you should throw down. it's all come down to this moment!

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/02/07 at 4:06 pm

People over here are watching Hostel, how fitting :o

And since we don't get online connection in our rooms i have to watch it too,i'm gonna have nightmares for a week >:(

Written By: Tia on 04/02/07 at 4:11 pm

People over here are watching Hostel, how fitting :o

And since we don't get online connection in our rooms i have to watch it too,i'm gonna have nightmares for a week >:(
ew, yeah, i heard that was a freaky one.

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/25/07 at 6:08 pm

Bonnie and Clyde is on TV right now,YAY 8)

Written By: Tia on 05/25/07 at 6:13 pm

Bonnie and Clyde is on TV right now,YAY 8)
arthur penn. that's a real classic. ever read "easy riders, raging bulls"?

ever see "night moves"? i was looking for that at a video store a few months ago and the guy kept insisting the movie i really wanted was "knight moves," some goofy direct-to-video thriller from the 90s. i was like, no! night moves! gene hackman! existentialist noirish psychodrama from 1975 directed by arthur penn! what the hell is the matter with you people?

was it ghost world where the guy's looking for 8 1/2 weeks and they keep insisting the movie he wants is 9 1/2 weeks, with kim berenger and mickey roarke? ::)

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/25/07 at 6:34 pm

arthur penn. that's a real classic. ever read "easy riders, raging bulls"?

ever see "night moves"? i was looking for that at a video store a few months ago and the guy kept insisting the movie i really wanted was "knight moves," some goofy direct-to-video thriller from the 90s. i was like, no! night moves! gene hackman! existentialist noirish psychodrama from 1975 directed by arthur penn! what the hell is the matter with you people?

was it ghost world where the guy's looking for 8 1/2 weeks and they keep insisting the movie he wants is 9 1/2 weeks, with kim berenger and mickey roarke? ::)

;D Yeah he wants Fellini's 8 1/2 and they want to give him an erotic drama!
Night Moves is really good,a complete mess of too little too late,love it 8) From Penn too..did you like The Chase? With Brando as the sheriff? It's so great!
What's that book? I don't think i ever heard about it :-\\

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/01/07 at 6:12 pm

Before Sunrise

Check out what the main character CĂ©line just said: "I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us,not you or me but just this little space in between. If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something.I know,it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares really?The answer must be in the attempt."

This film is just beautiful 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/07 at 10:02 am

Live And Let Die is on the tv right now

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/01/07 at 10:04 am

I'm watching clips of Amelie on Youtube, does that count. By the way, all who are reading this post right now, if you don't have a problem with reading subtitles, rent that movie. Srsly.

Written By: Tia on 12/01/07 at 11:02 am

who you callin' sissy?

i'm watching moonraker again.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/01/07 at 7:39 pm

I'm watching clips of Amelie on Youtube, does that count. By the way, all who are reading this post right now, if you don't have a problem with reading subtitles, rent that movie. Srsly.

I was just talking about that movie yesterday!

Written By: statsqueen on 12/01/07 at 9:40 pm

The Santa Clause on TBS at the Holiday Inn.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/07 at 4:20 pm

Half watching, Bad Boys II, it is not my kind of movie.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/08 at 4:57 pm

Mike Bassett: England Manager (2001)

Written By: adagio on 01/21/08 at 9:17 pm

This thread reminds me of a movie I have in the other room and want to watch.  "The Bucket List"

Check for new replies or respond here...